TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Booker T Quits WWE

Guest Mos_Def

Even though it would be a morally ambiguous move at best, I would love to see Book go to TNA and reprise the King gimmick in some sort of capacity. Flat out, he has been the most entertaining wrestler in the world (and by world I mean WWE and TNA cause thats all I watch and its an uneven viewing habit at that). No way should he go out like this and while I concede that the WWE was right to punish him, its clear there are political machinations that are influencing his decision.

He has been so resolute in jumping into this cheesy gimmick, giving it just the right amount of balance between comedy and seriousness. He has really been on an amazing run, and I for one am not done with the gimmick by a long shot.

I don't blame Booker one iota for quitting if this is the case. Has there been anyone else more abused and buried by WWE in the past 6 years than Booker? He was treated like a jobber during the Invasion angle, jobbed to everyone under the sun post Invasion, then finally started getting over with Goldust. Only then to have HHH bury him in 2003. After doing nothing of real note for years he finally got over as a main eventer with the King gimmick and got the world title....and then ended up back on Raw jobbing to HHH for no real good reason other than HHH just needed a high profile job bitch. Between this and WWE passing on his promotion for a development group (in favor of FL so Johnny Ace can go on vacation while inspecting the place) I can see why Booker finally got fed up.

Booker should just retire now. He's over 40 so I can't see much for him to do at this point, unless anyone out there is dying to see Kurt/Karen vs. Booker/Sharmell in a mixed tag in TNA. Oh god, I probably just gave Russo an idea.

I like the fact that since Booker is an Internet darling, no one gives a fuck that he's violated the company's drug policy twice but instead is cheering him on because that dastardly HHH "buried" him at Summerslam.

When was Booker's first suspension?

I won't miss the King Booker gimmick.

I have to imagine he possibly failed the test during one of his injury stints? I don't recall him missing time elsewhere.

Even though it would be a morally ambiguous move at best, I would love to see Book go to TNA and reprise the King gimmick in some sort of capacity. Flat out, he has been the most entertaining wrestler in the world (and by world I mean WWE and TNA cause thats all I watch and its an uneven viewing habit at that). No way should he go out like this and while I concede that the WWE was right to punish him, its clear there are political machinations that are influencing his decision.

He has been so resolute in jumping into this cheesy gimmick, giving it just the right amount of balance between comedy and seriousness. He has really been on an amazing run, and I for one am not done with the gimmick by a long shot.

I like booker but the most entertaining wrestler in the world? LOL um no.

Guest Mos_Def

I like booker but the most entertaining wrestler in the world? LOL um no.

can you read, b?

:( I'll miss Booker if he's gone. He was one of the wrestlers in the last couple years who was at least consistently entertaining.

Wow, what a shitty year it's been for the WWE.

Eh I'm not too torn up about it. If the guy leaves over being suspended a second time, it shows me he really doesnt care about being there anyway.

As was said before, a lot of the things going on with the E have been a long time coming.

I don;t blame Booker for leaving, no matter what the circumstances. His talent had been wasted for years, and I am glad that he is set financially. They had the golden fucking opportunity to go in a different direction and give him a title run, and they balked at the last minute. Booker did everything that was asked of him in the ring and out of it, and now in their own panicked and pathetic attempt to "normalize" things, they hang a loyal soldier out to dry?

The company made millions off of these wrestlers and basically forced them to take steroids and make most of them cartoonish in their physical appearance in order of keeping "their spot" on the roster and in the booking, and now watching them backpedal in a vain attempt to avoid the federal government (some of whom have had a hardon for Vince since he skated on the steroid charges the first time) is going to be the most entertainment I have had involving the WWE in years.

Nobody forced them to take roids. Granted, the train of thought internally is basically if you look good, you will probably be on a higher pecking order than cosmetically less in shape workers, but it still comes down to the person being responsible for their own actions.

No matter how bad some of you think the company fucked Booker over from a booking perspective, it doesnt mean we should praise him for "standing up for himself" and leaving, coincidentally after he got suspended again for shit that was his own fault (going to a internet based company that was far from the most private and discreet way to get the shit).

Could somebody please explain to me why Booker was singled out as the "60-day Man" when performers like Chris Masters and Randy Orton are also committing their second offense?

As much as it sucks to see Booker gone, it will be very interesting to see which direction the E goes in...

A great time to push new wrestlers if you ask me...

I mean, one day HHH, Batista and Shawn are gonna die or something...

Could somebody please explain to me why Booker was singled out as the "60-day Man" when performers like Chris Masters and Randy Orton are also committing their second offense?

Masters appears to definately be suspended again here, but with Orton, I really dont know.

It's not that he's being singled out really, its just that they suspended him again and he isnt happy about it, apparently.

I think that Orton's first suspension is the same thing that just got reported here recently. And no, I'm not going to give Booker much shit about failing a wellness test since there were so many guys busted recently that it makes me wonder if everyone in the fed is on something.

Although I doubt it matters now, I seem to recall Booker T having a lot of heat on him when he debuted at KotR '01, b/c he broke some of the bones in Austin's hand when he put him through the announce table. Also, Booker T was part of the infamous "kill WCW out of the gate" match was Buff Bagwell on RAW (although I think most of the heat was on Bagwell for that one).

I wonder if those 1st impressions have had a lasting effect on the people who matter.

Well if CM Punk is on any performance enhancing drugs then he should get his money back. I almost think he's not on regular supplements.

Well if CM Punk is on any performance enhancing drugs then he should get his money back. I almost think he's not on regular supplements.

He'll suck your cock for just one last hit of competition.

I'm not going to pat Booker T. on the back for leaving because he got busted. Then again, I'm not taking the apparent opposite stance of "it's his own fault." Yeah, to a degree it is since 'roids are illegal. However, I can understand him being pissed when obvious juicers like Batista are in no trouble, and the fuckin' BOSS is on them.

Jesus, another one of my favorite wrestlers is gone from the company, why the fuck do I keep watching this shit? Here's to Booker hopefully getting picked up by TNA.