TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 6

Starts tonight!

Meet The Blacks: In the Season Six premiere, Cheryl talks Larry into adopting the Blacks, a family displaced by a hurricane, and Larry invents the "perfect" excuse for missing a pair of parties.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Has to be better than the disgrace that was Season 5. I was watching Season 2 last night and can't believe the drop in quality of this show since then

Classic Larry.

Anyway, due to me not having The Movie Network in Canada during Season 5's original airdate (and then finding myself never taking the time to watch it when it aired on basic cable 2 years later), what went down that caused Larry and Marty Funkhauser to become pals? They seemed quite at odds in Season 4.

Looking back, yeah, everything seemed pretty paint by numbers predictable. In fact, my deeming the episode "Classic Larry" was basically saying what it was; Larry has a plan to atone for something, that plan goes awry, then something else happens, then it all ties up in a pay off gag at the end. I still found it funny, though.

"You been eating a lot of fruits, nuts, and berries. What are you a jewish squirrel?"

"The next time someone calls you a faggot, Larry, you need to get in that ass. Immediately."

And Leon beating up the chemo patient at the end. Priceless.

Great episode.

"You been eating a lot of fruits, nuts, and berries. What are you a jewish squirrel?"

"The next time someone calls you a faggot, Larry, you need to get in that ass. Immediately."

And Leon beating up the chemo patient at the end. Priceless.

Great episode.

That whole speech about getting into that ass was the most hilarious thing that i've heard in a while. i was literally in tears. Great, great episode.

This is the best season of Curb in YEARS.

I'd put the last two episodes up against nearly any.

Larry hasn't lost it.

This is the best season of Curb in YEARS.

I'd put the last two episodes up against nearly any.

Larry hasn't lost it.

agreed, the last couple of weeks has had that akward uncomfortable feel. You know its working when you feel embarrassed by and for Larry.

wonder where the larry/cheryl spilt is headed

Gotta say, that was probably the best season finale the show has ever had. The ending with Larry and the Blacks was just perfect.

I'm anxious to see if Larry decides to come back for another season or if he wants to end the show on a high note.

Wikipedia says one (or two!) more seasons.

I had missed a few episodes but watched them last night on demand - wow, this season sure went into high gear after a so-so start. My only thing was it seemed to be a real leap of faith that Larry couldn't just think to say "n-word" when describing what someone else said... probably should have just said it to begin with. But, funny all the same.

That was a great ending to a fucking amazing season.

I was watching the end with my hands over my face because I was waiting to see how Larry was going to fuck it up with Loretta, but then he didn't. Great, great ending...especially her getting in Suzy's face.

And the second to last episode with Larry trying to get Cheryl back and the dueling psychiatrists was an all-time great episode.

Best season since 2... maybe even 1.

Amazing, amazing.

And Leon is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Glad everyone enoyed this season as much as I did. There were a few episodes including the one w/ McEnroe (sp?) in the limo, where I would get so nervous/embarrassed for Larry that I'd almost have to take a break. The finale was great and I really thought it came off like a Series Finale. Glad there will at least be a 7th season.

great finale, larry at the doctors and not wanting to tell the nurse what was wrong was great, as well as taking th emic at the bat mitzvah to announce he did not infact have a gerbil up his BUTT. the ending was priceless. I thought it wa sa joke at first but I guess its real. when fox told jeffs wife to shut up , I cheered (I always hate jeffs wife, shes always so mean to larry). larry+the blacks=gold period. great season. glad theyll be more

Overall, I thought this season had a few weak episodes but some of the funny parts were just funnier than ANYTHING ever before so I enjoyed it. I have never laughed so hard in my life before seeing the exterminator just stomp the shit out of that cat at the school play. And Leon was beyond hilarious. The end was just unexpected and I really liked that because the season started out with really predictable stuff. The scene with Larry just looking at Loretta and her smiling back was good stuff. It was also cool to me, that she actually laughed when Larry went on stage to address the gerbil rumor rather than scoff and shun him like everybody else.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Saw a few episodes of this season. Definitely getting it on DVD, since I have the other 5.

Hard to choose a favorite character. Suzy's flipouts are great.

BRING ME THE FUCKING DOG!!!!!!!.

Jeff had the best profanity of the entire series thus far with the Shaq episode.

His coming back in the frame with Fuck! after snapping on Larry for tripping Shaq and costing Jeff his season courtside tickets.

Soo, we never did actually find out if there was a gerbil up his ass. I mean, he said that he only told the nurse that because he didn't want to talk to her about it, but we never saw what he told the doctor, remember that when he got home after the rumors had officially begun, Loretta was the only one defending him. Pretty interesting, no?

Uh, no. This is Larry David we're talking about, the same guy who was disgusted by the idea of petting that dog or letting it sit in your lap. Suddenly he's going to stick animals up his ass? Get real.