TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread for September 10

TNA's real reaction:

a) Why didn't we think of that?

b) How fast can we hire our own midget?

c) How quick can we write a promo including a blatant shot at them for this?

d) All of the above

They'll probably hire Puppet the Psycho Midget and have him jerk off in a garbage can again while Samoa Joe dances like Shane McMahon on crack.

I really don't see this angle lasting long. Once Kennedy returns, it will come out that a mix-up at the lab occurred and Kennedy is the true McMahon, or Linda and Stephanie were getting revenge for the 'Higher Power' stunt and there is no son, or something else really stupid.

Sandman should stick to what he knows.

clearly almost killed himself on that suicide dive.

No he didn't, Sandman didn't do a Suicide dive, he did a Plancha and Sandman does Planchas all the time...I just don't think Santino caught him correctly, either that or Sandy didn't crossbody Santino all the way.

best choice EVER, ever ever. Thank God it wasn't Kennedy, and hopefully.. it stays that way. Someone said it best earlier, he is too good to be wasted on a dumb angle like being a McMahon.

and Air Sandman was awesome.

Guest LuckyLopez
I really don't see this angle lasting long. Once Kennedy returns, it will come out that a mix-up at the lab occurred and Kennedy is the true McMahon, or Linda and Stephanie were getting revenge for the 'Higher Power' stunt and there is no son, or something else really stupid.

That would be my guess. More to the point I wouldn't be surprised if HHH and Steph were behind the "mixup." Kennedy was telling the truth. Steph and the lawyer were the ones who said he was lying. HHH was already involved last week and winking at Steph. They either rig the results to show Hornswoggle or the "lawyer" is their partner all along. Hornswoggle was to embarrass Vince and the HHH tease was done to make him even more uncomfortable. After 2 or 3 weeks of antics Vince's doctors will test Hornswoggle's blood and find he's not Vince's kid. That will be just in time for Kennedy to return, be vindicated, and join Vince against Steph and HHH who are revealed as the pranksters.

At least that seems a lot more likely to me then WWE decided to scrap a major idea they had to build a WM main event and make a main eventer because he got a 30 day suspension. You can work around that. Vince's idea of juvenile humor is reasonable way to eat up time and give a reason to include HHH in the story.

The amazing thing is that they have wasted copious amounts of TV time on a storyline that had the payoff of a midget being the surprise. I don't get WWE's fascination with doing angles that can't really lead to anything involving a PPV match that would draw money.

It was never the intention to have to change the course of the storyline. You can thank Kennedy for screwing another angle. WWE did about the best damage control move possible. It'll get a couple skits over the next couple of weeks and get tossed aside.

What other angle did he screw?

I'm assuming Hawk is referring to Kennedy/Edge, but that wasn't really Kennedy's fault at all for getting injured and then moved to RAW..

am I missing something else?

why in the world couldnt they have just waited a few weeks for Kennedy's return?

What, and carry out this angle for longer than it should have?

I'm mostly annoyed that I almost rushed into work today to read the results (I don't get to watch Raw live anymore). After all of this build up - we're given this payoff? Pah!

I understand that they hit that panic button, but surely there were other choices to Kennedy?!

Disappointing payoff. The fact that they decided to go with a comedy angle speaks volumes. Just seems like a big wasted opportunity, unless Hornswoggle ends up not being the real bastard in this storyline.

Why is everyone overreacting? The clues that the lawyer gave still point to Kennedy. Once he returns, he'll take over the spot as the bastard son, drop Hornswoggle like he did at Wrestlemania and feud with HHH. It's so obvious, it's disgusting. This wasn't the blow off to the storyline...not by a long shot.

I think the real question is, why do you guys even care about this Bastard son angle? So what if the payoff was crap? I'm watching Raw right now mainly for Orton/Cena. I couldn't care less about who Mcmahon's son is, just like I didn't give a damn about who "killed" him during the stupid death angle.

I'm not a fan of Cena, but his feud with Orton is more interesting and important than Mcmahon's ego.

TNA's real reaction:

a) Why didn't we think of that?

b) How fast can we hire our own midget?

c) How quick can we write a promo including a blatant shot at them for this?

d) All of the above

it's so deserved here.

Another thing to remember here. In an angle like this, half the payoff is in the shows running up themselves. I think the Monday Night Wars shows that cliffhanger angles like this, good or bad, generally increase ratings.

I like how Cena kept pushing back like 10 security guards last night.

Also, who here thinks that Orton is getting the title @ the next PPV?

It should have been a returning Mike Knox. He's the bee's knees.

DDT!

This was an ok Raw, but you can feel how thin they were for numbers due to the suspensions and injuries. They played me throughout the show regarding the Son though, I was gutted when it was HHH, then couldn't help but laugh at it being Hornswoggle just out of share relief it wasn't HHH. It probably will end up being Kennedy like.

I like how Cena kept pushing back like 10 security guards last night.

He pushed them a few hundred feet, he appeared. All through a commercial break.

Also, HHH gains points from me for putting the hat on Vince's head. That little moment didn't seem scripted at all.

Even Austin would eventually just let himself be led out of the building. The way this was shot and edited it appeared as though Cena pushed them all the way up the ramp, through the curtain, down the stairs that have been seen to be right behind said curtain, and all the way toward Vince's office (or wherever he was in the hall). Hell, I could have seen Cena just saying "I'll stop if I can talk to Vince, then I'll leave" and having a security guy say "he wanted to talk to you before we threw him out" and have Vince be a little pissed off but then have Cena go into his rant.

By the time they said he was fair-haired, I was screaming "JERICHO! SID! THEY'RE BOTH STILL IN! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME NO MATTER WHAT!" Granted, I did laugh at Hornswoggle, and kudos for those who called it last week, but still, this would have been the best RAW in months if Jericho had returned.

Sayiong that, it's good to finally see a true hate angle between Cena and Orton. When was the last time you saw 2 guys who despise each other saw much get to fight it out on the main event? Hell, on any PPV at all? The match of Summerslam was not awesome like a lot of you thought, to be honest for what I was hoping it was below-par, but it was still better than average. With the added hate it should be truly awesome at Unforgiven.

Why is everyone overreacting? The clues that the lawyer gave still point to Kennedy. Once he returns, he'll take over the spot as the bastard son, drop Hornswoggle like he did at Wrestlemania and feud with HHH. It's so obvious, it's disgusting. This wasn't the blow off to the storyline...not by a long shot.

Agreed.

The sad thing is how so many of us are either unsurprised or uninterested at the outcome. If this were 5-10 years ago (you know, when wrestling was good) and they'd have done this, it'd have been uproar. Sign of the times.

After a search, I was surprised no one posted the rating? Anyone got a clue? Did the storyline spike some ratings points?

After a search, I was surprised no one posted the rating? Anyone got a clue? Did the storyline spike some ratings points?

3.9, with hours of 3.6 and 4.1

I think Cena gets DQ'd for beating on Orton too much, and then they come back for the blowoff match at the following PPV, maybe with a stip of Cena losing the title if he gets disqualified.

You're probably right about the finish to Orton/Cena. The next ppv (I believe) is Cyber Sunday and I thought I saw a posting somewhere that Orton/Cena is headlined there with the fans pick the stip, HIAC and a few other options to choose from. That would likely be the blowoff there.