TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix

9/11

Guest Gym Class Fallout
blah blah blah blah

making me sleepy here.

Now that I'm pretty sure Ginger Snaps is real, I'm amused by this. Happy Rosh Hashanah, by the way!

I think I'd befriend a spam robot selling Nigerian life insurance if it ripped on NoCalMike.

Well, you cannot deny that this has been a horrible war for our army and our capital and our foreign relations.

yay let's make a million threads and posts in this folder saying just that

How dare people make multiple posts about the most important current event in the United States in a current events forum!

So what happens on November 9th? Yeah, weak joke...

However, while its bad what happened, I do get a little annoyed with the guys who keep pushing it in my face like its the only bad thing that's ever happened in the world, since it happened to modern day America.

Though I have respect for all the Firefighters, Police and Paramedics who worked that day and have worked ever since.

Did anyone blame North Korea? Or Communism? Cause I just don't recall either of those getting blamed.

The day it happened, this weird, mid-40's redneck woman in my arts class INSISTED that "communistic Russians" were responsible, and that they were also responsible for training all those sharks to attack people around Florida that summer (Does anyone remember that?)

Is this the sort of incredible education one receives at Appalachian State.

I was in community college, dipshit.

Edit: Ah, now I remember how fun Current Events can be.

Any David Cross fans?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5tldEQg6is&amp...ted&search=

If you don't have a flag sticking out of your ass, the terrorists wins!

Special edible flags!

Have flags grafted to the inside of your eyelids so you see flags at all times!

Have flag pills to eat and then you shit out a flag!

Any David Cross fans?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5tldEQg6is&amp...ted&search=

If you don't have a flag sticking out of your ass, the terrorists wins!

Special edible flags!

Have flags grafted to the inside of your eyelids so you see flags at all times!

Have flag pills to eat and then you shit out a flag!

That's one of my favorite bits from him.

Guest Vitamin X
Did anyone blame North Korea? Or Communism? Cause I just don't recall either of those getting blamed.

The day it happened, this weird, mid-40's redneck woman in my arts class INSISTED that "communistic Russians" were responsible, and that they were also responsible for training all those sharks to attack people around Florida that summer (Does anyone remember that?)

Is this the sort of incredible education one receives at Appalachian State.

I was in community college, dipshit.

Edit: Ah, now I remember how fun Current Events can be.

Nice job mentioning that part, genius.

In related news, if you guys remember, one of the oddities around 9/11 was the 4th mystery airplane that showed up in Washington DC over the White House with no explanation ever given. One of the things the conspiracy folks would go on about. CNN finally identified it through government sources as a "doomsday plane" (there's some specific air force plane model that it was verified as through photos) - basically a flying command post to keep the country running in case of disaster on the ground.

I was listening to this thing on NPR from the foreign minister from Iraq, or some other high totem post in the Middle East. It was a year ago. Anyway, he made some very good points, but one stuck out more than all. Fuck. I really wish there was a transcript. It was a very eloquent speech and is something that every American should listen to, patriotic or not.

"September 11th proved, for once, that America is irrevocably part of the real world."

I think that that phrase has it backwards.

Until recently, or still, most Americans would consider America to be "the real world" and everything else, except maybe Canada and Mexico and the UK and Japan, to be, well, something else...

The replacement for the World Trade Center is no longer going to be named the Freedom Tower, thank goodness. It'll be... (drumroll please) The World Trade Center! I always thought the new name was bullshit. Naming it exactly was it was before is much more of a thumb in the eye of who did this.