Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

50 Cent vs. Kanye West

415u3Sm79mL._SS500_.jpg

vs.

51yOUs2TrmL._SS500_.jpg

Kanye West Tops 50 Cent In First Week Sales Projections

Wednesday - September 12, 2007 by Anthony Roberts

The plot thickens once again, as early sales projections are reportedly putting Kanye West's Graduation sales slightly ahead of 50 Cent's Curtis first-week numbers.

According to Billboard, executives with three major record labels, whose job duties include projecting first week scans based on early store sales reports, are projecting that Graduation could tally up sales in the 575,000-700,000 range, while Curtis is being projected to come in at the 500,000-600,000 range. While these figures are merely estimates of what each album will sell, the actual finalized sales statistics will be computed on Sunday at midnight when the Nielsen SoundScan week officially ends.

The early sales predictions seem to be in accordance with the data that SOHH collected during a poll which asked fans which artists' album they would buy when they were officially released as well as who they thought would come out on top after first week sales had been finalized.

According to our poll, offered directly after both albums had found their way to the internet, 57% of respondents have heard both albums and 52% believed Kanye will have the higher first-week sales.

In a previous SOHH survey taken last month before the leaks, the fans were also betting on Kanye to pull it out, with 51% of respondents saying that Kanye would outsell 50 Cent in their first week.

The two mega-stars both appeared on BET's "106 And Park" yesterday (September 11) to promote their respective albums. While Kanye won the battle of the surprise guests, bringing Jay-Z out on stage with him after his performance, both premiered new videos - with 50 showing off his clip for his Robin Thicke collaboration "Follow My Lead" and Ye revealing his visual interpretation of his T-Pain collaboration, "The Good Life." [View Kanye's Video Here]

"Everyone knows I like Gold Digga"

But, Kanye West is a crazy n***a

"He wants to be in the Bible, 'cause he's DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The above lyrics were ripped off by ME from Carlos Mencia. lol

The funny thing is that Chamillionaire's CD came out on the same day I believe and it's probably better than either Kanye's or 50's.

I'm buying Kanye's album. He's a great artist and I've liked both of his efforts although Late Registration lost it's replay value after a few listens. I still listen to College Dropout every now and then. I know how he acts behind the scenes, but if we judged how people act behind the scenes, Marlon Brando stature would be lowered alot.

I haven't bought a 50 album since GRODT. The Massacre was just a...massacre pretty much. Plus the only song that he's made since 2003 that has caught my ear is "Hustler's Ambition".

Eh, people do care. Especially since we're talking about a guy who sucks ass. We may never hear him again.

Just like his mentor retired? It's the rap industry, since when do they live up to their word? Are we trusting him to be honorable? This is a non story just like all of these stupid little concocted "beefs" (what a stupid, stupid term) in this ugly mess of a genre.

I'll believe him till he comes back. It seemed like he was on his way out because of problems with his label anyway, this'll be just another excuse.

Eminem made another album after Encore?

I'll believe him till he comes back. It seemed like he was on his way out because of problems with his label anyway, this'll be just another excuse.

Eminem made another album after Encore?

No but that retirement sure as fuck hasn't kept him from appearing on about 20 different other albums a week, just like other retired superstar, Jay-Z.

No he didn't.

Of course, Em didn't say he was retiring either. He said he was going to take a break for a couple of years.

Ah. I assumed by retirement they mean not making anymore albums.

The Eminem we all knew and loved retired from making good music after The Eminem Show anyway.

EDIT: I remember him saying something like retiring the Eminem persona, or like that type of music, something like that. So I guess it's a break.

I'd like to see Eminem in a couple more movies. I'm intrigued as to whether or not he actually really is a good actor or if he was just able to pull off the performance he did in 8-Mile because he was basically playing himself.

Not to derail this thread but to go further into great acting rappers thus far I believe Mos Def takes the cake in that department.

His only statment about his retirement:

''I'm not retiring,'' he tells MTV News, refuting last week's reports. ''When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out. That's called taking a break for me.''

Like I said, he never said anything about it.

And I personally pretend that Encore(and smack that while I am at it) never happened. He had some monster verses and songs since that abortion of a album. His verses/songs on the Re-up were incredible. Especially that Public Enemy Number one song.

I agree with both comments.

I never had a problem with DMX in action movies either. He was alright. Not on Mos Def's level, but he did good enough.

EDIT: I'll be anticipating what he comes out with after his break then. Maybe Encore was just a fluke bad album.

I'd like to see Eminem in a couple more movies. I'm intrigued as to whether or not he actually really is a good actor or if he was just able to pull off the performance he did in 8-Mile because he was basically playing himself.

Not to derail this thread but to go further into great acting rappers thus far I believe Mos Def takes the cake in that department.

Will Smiths two Oscar Nominations tend to disagree...although I disagree with one of those two Oscar Nominations (I was completely unimpressed with him in Ali)

I don't know where Mos ranks, but him, Will and Queen Latifah are indeed the best.

Will Smiths two Oscar Nominations tend to disagree...although I disagree with one of those two Oscar Nominations (I was completely unimpressed with him in Ali)

I don't know where Mos ranks, but him, Will and Queen Latifah are indeed the best.

I couldn't stand Ali. The only positive of that film was Jamie Foxx's performance. I haven't seen The Pursuit of Happyness yet but I'm sure it'll be on HBO soon enough. Otherwise he's been in more crap than good movies.

Crap - Wild Wild West, MiB II, Ali, Hitch, Made in America, Bad Boys II, Enemy of the State

Good - Independence Day (although at least to me it doesn't hold up too well now), Legend of Bagger Vance, I Robot (I thought it got unfairly shat upon), MiB, Bad Boys

Latifah is just plain Laterrible

Don't blame him for Made in America!

Plus you are leaving off Enemy of the State(ruled) and of course The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air which also ruled the school.

ANd Latifah was great in Jungle Fever, House Party 2, Set it Off, Bone Collector, Set it Off, Chicago, the very underrated Ice Age 2, Brown Sugar and Stranger than Fiction.

The thing Mos Def has going for him is that he doesn't really have a dud on his list yet(well...since Island of the Dead).

Did you forget about Ice Cube by mistake?

No I didn't.

Are you suggesting that he is even close to the actor those other three are?

That just came out...wrong...

Don't get me wrong, Cube has some very enjoyable movies, but his acting isn't really anything impressive.

At all.

No I didn't.

Are you suggesting that he is even close to the actor those other three are?

That just came out...wrong...

Sure the majority of his films are trash, but when he's on he can hang.

Boyz N Tha Hood, Higher Learning, Three Kings, BarberShop were all great performances IMO.