TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

50 Cent vs. Kanye West

LL Cool J and Ice Cube have been in some good movies, but Ice Cubes acting range is "I am ANGRY!!!!" and LL's is "I am SEXY!!"

Thats about it. I don't think I have ever seen either of them convey any other emotion well.

LL Cool J and Ice Cube have been in some good movies, but Ice Cubes acting range is "I am ANGRY!!!!" and LL's is "I am SEXY!!"

Thats about it. I don't think I have ever seen either of them convey any other emotion well.

Have you seen In Too Deep? LL Cool J defiently broke the sterotype of his typical roles in that film.

Can't believe I forgot Andre Benjamin, he is a natural for sure.

Have you seen In Too Deep? LL Cool J defiently broke the sterotype of his typical roles in that film.

Can't believe I forgot Andre Benjamin, he is a natural for sure.

In Too Deep was still LL playing LL with more sinister lines. Are you telling me he still wasn't trying to do the sexy swagger when he threw that girl the guys tounge. Even in the "I am your man!!" scene with the pool stick, he still was trying to do the same ol "I am seck-c" swagger. Once again, I agree that it was a pretty good movie and he did a good job, but I think it isn't as impressive as people try to make it out to be.

And I understand that most great actors basically play the same guy in every movie, but that guy usually has a range of emotions. Even when he was angry in In too Deep, he still was trying to show a dimple with a smirk on his face.

I favor Kanye West more, because it just seems like he honestly has a passion for music.

It seems he doesn't just go out and sample a Supreme's record and call it a day, but he actively seeks

out records some people probably haven't heard (or forgotten) and adds a spin to them that nine times

out of ten, actually works. His album(s) will be remembered for

years, whereas 50 cent treats music like business and because so, will have a generational affect.

I don't think he'll have the same replay value 20 years from now that Kanye will have.

I still have trouble tolerating "In Da Club" after it's been played so much, and it's only 4 years old.

50 is the shits anymore. Get Rich was good because it was something different, vocally. He's one of those acts that should do one album and then ride off quietly in to the sunset rather than put out shitty album after shitty album. It's the Snoop Dogg effect, he can shit on an album and it will still sell because consumers are dumb sheep.

Frigid, catch Pursuit of Happyness, awesome awesome movie. If you don't at least choke up at the end, you have no soul.

Also, I Robot was a fun little sci-fi flick...i think the hype around it (budget, big star, summer movie) is what killed it. Couldn't live up to the hype. If it came out anytime other than summer that year it would probably have received a better reception.

Cube is a good actor, but you guys are spot on with what you've said about him.

I've only seen Andre Benjamin in Four Brothers, he's definitely the best actor there, other than Terrance Howard but he didn't do much in that film anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised with how good ATL was (speaking of rapper movies)...I went in to it thinking it would be garbage and I actually enjoyed it.

I like Kanye's music, I don't like 50 cents so the decision isn't hard for me.

In terms of Pursuit of Happiness: I thought it was a good movie, but I hate those movies where it's pretty much (not literally) a guy getting kicked in the balls for 90mins, only for it to be at the end "and he made it and was really successful" in text. The payoff just doesn't justify the pain he went through in my eyes.

In terms of Pursuit of Happiness: I thought it was a good movie, but I hate those movies where it's pretty much (not literally) a guy getting kicked in the balls for 90mins, only for it to be at the end "and he made it and was really successful" in text. The payoff just doesn't justify the pain he went through in my eyes.

I would agree with you normally, but I think Smith acted his ass off here and got you to forget you were watching "just another one of THOSE movies".

The new Kanye album is terrific. Really only two bad songs on the whole cd and even those are tolerable. As for rappers in movies, Tyrese shouldn't be forgotten. His roles in "Baby Boy" and "Annapolis" were great.

I guess since he recently released a rap album he can now be considered a rapper, but come on, Tyrese ranges from tolorable(4 Brothers, Annapolis) to really really really horrible(baby boy....um...anything else).

Method Man has been fantastic in The Wire and shows he is very capable. In Derailed RZA was surprisingly very good, in the short amount of time his character was around I genuinely cared. He has a lot of charisma and think out of all the rappers Ive seen act, if he gets some solid roles he could do a lot with them.

Yeah, I'd agree. The majority of his part is him standing around looking pissed at Omar and asking Prop Joe how he let's him get away with that shit.

Now Sticky Fingaz run in The Shield was pretty good.

I was pleasantly surprised with how good ATL was (speaking of rapper movies)...I went in to it thinking it would be garbage and I actually enjoyed it.

I disliked ATL, but was actually impressed by T.I's performance. He has potential thats for sure, and I'm not really a T.I. fan all that much.