TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 9/13 Impact Thread

What is a reverse battle royal?

The wrestlers all start on the floor and have to fight to get into the ring. It sounds cool on paper, but in practice makes for a terrible match because you're constantly getting instances where wrestlers can very obviously get in the ring but because they're not supposed to, they have to stand around with their thumb up their ass trying to figure out a way to not get in the ring even though nobody is around to stop them.

And because it was requested, though it's strictly a one-off, here's the latest Bryan and Vinny Show that reviews this edition of Impact, as well as ECW and Smackdown. The Impact review comes up first, so if that's all you're interested in, you can turn off after that, though I recommend listening to the whole show because it's great.

Bryan and Vinny review Impact, ECW and Smackdown

The wrestlers all start on the floor and have to fight to get into the ring. It sounds cool on paper, but in practice makes for a terrible match because you're constantly getting instances where wrestlers can very obviously get in the ring but because they're not supposed to, they have to stand around with their thumb up their ass trying to figure out a way to not get in the ring even though nobody is around to stop them.

And because it was requested, though it's strictly a one-off, here's the latest Bryan and Vinny Show that reviews this edition of Impact, as well as ECW and Smackdown. The Impact review comes up first, so if that's all you're interested in, you can turn off after that, though I recommend listening to the whole show because it's great.

Thanks for posting this HTQ

I hate TNA 100% and have no clue why they are bringing back the reverse battle royal. It can be fun for comedy, and the West/Tenay announce team are hilarious for how completely awful they are. Tenay has the funniest facial expressions in wrestling, and usually says some of the dumbest things. I think his drop down in quality is even worst than Schiavonie in WCW when he stopped caring around 1996. I'll cut West some slack since he was never really good, but can be entertaining in that Vince McMahon/David Crockett kind of way. Where, he actually sounds like he is excited for the product and wants to be their unlike Tenay.

But, Daniels/Lethal was decent at least, and damn is Karen Angle hot as hell. Plus, Judas Mesias could end up being badass. I just can't stand Abyss. His character and in ring skills are terrible. No Surrender was actually a really good PPV. I hope they can finally start to get out of their slump they've been in since around July 2006. I want them to succeed, but the past year or so, they've been just as bad if not worse than WCW in 99/00 IMO.

I think the only match I've truly enjoyed in TNA 07 is Harris/Storm from Sacrifice.

If you hate the promotion so much why do you continue to watch it?

It has Samoa Joe, Senshi, Alex Shelley, and Homicide. Plus, I find trainwrecks funny.

What a moron. This is the sentiment on 'net wrestling boards that drives me crazy, these d-bags that talk about how much they HATE TNA, claim it's worse than WCW in '99/2000 which in itself is an idiotic claim. Yet they watch it. I hate WWE programming, I hate MTV, I hate Grey's Anatomy and guess what??? I DON'T FUCKING WATCH THEM.

And don't take this as coming from some Impact Zone "TNA ROOLZ" jackass. I can tell you dozens of things wrong with TNA off the top of my head, and I generally agree with posters like HTQ who are equally frustrated by TNA's booking, but don't act like total jagoffs about it. If you "100% hate TNA," you wouldn't watch for Samoa Joe, Shelley, etc. because that wouldn't be 100%, now would it?

Okay, I guess 100% hate was a strong word. I was kind of drunk when I posted that last night. I want TNA to succeed, I really just get so frusterated with the product that the word hate gets thrown around. I'm sorry I triggered an outburst from you.

I really want TNA to be a success and that's another reason I watch. I'm just curious to see if they can ever pull it all together. And another reason I watch is to see guys like Joe and Low-Ki and the like who I have been watching in the indies for years on television.

Cheers for posting that. Quality stuff.