TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Best Female Promos?

A week or two ago Beth Phoenix cut a promo on Raw that wasn't half bad and it got me thinking about women managers/wrestlers and how most should never speak. I'm not sure if any female could be called great on the mic but Sherri, Sunny and Molly rank pretty high.

Do you guys have a favorite or a promo in which you believe is the greatest ever by a female personality in wrestling?

No one promo in particular, but I thought the caliber of acting during the Trish/Jericho angle was high.

Not sure if it counts, but the best promo I've ever seen cut against a woman was Paul E's rant against Medusa at Halloween Havoc '92. The bile he was throwing at her was off the charts, and the crowd's reaction when she finally nails him is awesome. Watching Vader and Harley Race just casually walk away while Paul E is getting his ass kicked is pretty funny as well.

Still, I think the promos Sherri did in her WWF(E) run with Savage, DiBiase, and Michaels were quite effective in getting heat for her wrestler.

yeah Lita's promo last year where she essentially said "Fuck You" to wrestling fans for invading her privacy in the whole Edge deal and that they killed her passion for the business was a real good quasi-shoot promo

Guest TheFabulousJakey

Trish Stratus's mike work in the Christy Hemme feud was great ("If you get into the ring with me, it will not be for a lingerie pillowfight. You will not be shooting T-shirts. I am a six-time Women's Champion. I will END YOUR CAREER *snap* just like that"). Unfortunately, it led to them having a match.

And while I couldn't say a specific promo, Ivory was always great on the mike ("When I defeat The Fabulously OLD Moolah"!).

Trish Stratus's mike work in the Christy Hemme feud was great ("If you get into the ring with me, it will not be for a lingerie pillowfight. You will not be shooting T-shirts. I am a six-time Women's Champion. I will END YOUR CAREER *snap* just like that"). Unfortunately, it led to them having a match.

Agreed. Although, it helped that I couldn't stand Hemme, and I couldn't stand Lita, who was 'training' Hemme.

I liked Mickie's psuedo-lesbianic psycho promos from her feud with Trish. That whole angle was really well done. Well, until WWE just dropped it out of nowhere then Trish got hurt, but the build from Fall 05 to a couple weeks after WM 22 was great.

Heel Trish also cut some good sarcastic, bitchy promos. She was like a watered-down female version of Edge. Her jabs at Lita during the Kane pregnancy angle were always amusing.

I liked Mickie's psuedo-lesbianic psycho promos from her feud with Trish. That whole angle was really well done. Well, until WWE just dropped it out of nowhere then Trish got hurt, but the build from Fall 05 to a couple weeks after WM 22 was great.

I've always enjoyed Mickie's work. And I definitely loved her more as a heel.

Beulah after Cornette came in and destroyed Dreamer and ECW. That was a great promo.

indeed, Beulah cut some good promos during that time. Another good one was against Justin Credible

Guest TheFabulousJakey
Heel Trish also cut some good sarcastic, bitchy promos. She was like a watered-down female version of Edge. Her jabs at Lita during the Kane pregnancy angle were always amusing.

"I know you're injured, but don't worry, because when you come back, there's a whole locker room of wrestlers waiting to impregnate you."

Psycho Victoria was usually over-the-top, but I still remember her "Do you think I have Trish Stratus's attention now?" in the Survivor Series montage as being effective.

No one promo in particular, but I thought the caliber of acting during the Trish/Jericho angle was high.

I thought the acting was above average as well...until that part where Christian and Jericho bet the loonie and we see Trish "cry".

I'm still not over Molly Holly.

Molly was one of my favorites... especially when she first started teaming with Hardcore and Crash.

I was a fan of the work done my Mickie and Trish during their fued heading into WM 22. In fact, I thought it was the best sub plots heading into a match that night.

Guest TheFabulousJakey
I was a fan of the work done my Mickie and Trish during their fued heading into WM 22. In fact, I thought it was the best sub plots heading into a match that night.

Agreed, and I know it's strange to think about because her in-work is so lackluster, but I thought that Ashley did a really good job in the part of the "suspicious friend".

I'm still not over Molly Holly.

IMO, her best promos are a tie between interrupting the Highlight Reel when Matt Hardy was about to propose to Lita, and the one right after Lita came back when she bitched about Gail not having a DVD and her not having a book. It's interesting that she was so good as a heel, since I've read in interviews that she absolutely hated it.