TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gym Class Fallout

Your stance on a wide stance.

Hi.   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Have you made jokes about Larry Craig regarding his homosexual behavior?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How do you feel about gay rights?

• Actively for
    • Ambivalent
    • Actively against

Sorry to all you Christian folk (or just Invader in this thread) because unfortunately your religious beliefs should not have any standing when it comes to a legal institution such as marraige. I'm sure you've heard something about a "seperation of church and state." Your church doesn't have to recognize gay marraige, but those types of beliefs should not impact U.S. laws in such a way.

I hadn't heard about this Craig fellow, so I voted no, and I'm actively for.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I'm sure you've heard something about a "seperation of church and state."

No. Not once. Never. Tell me more about this concept you call "seperation of church and state." Just don't tell me to talk to the hand, because I already got WAY too shown up with this first thing here. Couldn't handle that.

The whole gay marriage thing is stupid.

Mostly because marriage is a religious institution that the goverment at some point decided they needed to have legal input.

Christains, Hindus, Buddist, Muslims, whoever all have the right to be against gay marriage because it is against the beliefs of their religion(and once again, marriage is a religious institution)

The government, in making itself a factor in marriage, created this whole debate.

You can be married right now if you are gay, the government just won't recognize it, which no one would give a shit about except they are busy giving straight married people benefits and such. If you cut that crap out, out goes the entire gay marriage debate.

I'm sure you've heard something about a "seperation of church and state."

No. Not once. Never. Tell me more about this concept you call "seperation of church and state." Just don't tell me to talk to the hand, because I already got WAY too shown up with this first thing here. Couldn't handle that.

Sting a little bit did it?

The whole gay marriage thing is stupid.

Mostly because marriage is a religious institution that the goverment at some point decided they needed to have legal input.

Christains, Hindus, Buddist, Muslims, whoever all have the right to be against gay marriage because it is against the beliefs of their religion(and once again, marriage is a religious institution)

The government, in making itself a factor in marriage, created this whole debate.

You can be married right now if you are gay, the government just won't recognize it, which no one would give a shit about except they are busy giving straight married people benefits and such. If you cut that crap out, out goes the entire gay marriage debate.

Well that is certainly an interesting way to look at it, just ask the government to cut out any and all benefits to married couples. Of course, how likely are married couples going to go along with that?

Guest Tzar Lysergic
...because Kentucky looks like a podunk gay bashing backwater.

As a hoosier who understands, lets not kid ourselves about Kentucky's blossoming national image.

Man, Pat Boone would hate me. I'm a liberal atheist public school teacher and a member of the NEA.

I didn't know it was illegal to mention God in the classroom! I should have been fired immediately for teaching about the Reformation!