TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
devo

Problem accessing a site...

My favorite sports site, metsblog.com, recently switched servers. Since then, I haven't been able to access it from my home computer. I keep getting the message "The connection has timed out - The server at metsblog.com is taking too long to respond", which makes me think the browser is trying to access the old server. I'm able to access the site at my work computer with no problems.

I cleared out the cache and all the cookies and whatnot, but it still isn't working. Any ideas?

I can't ping or traceroute to it. Keep getting timed out errors.

I did flush dns, but that didn't help matters either. Hmm.

I had the same issue a few days ago logging into espn.com. What seemed to fix it for me was unplugging the power on my modem and router for 45 seconds. That seemed to clear everything up.

I have the same thing happening all the time with my wireless internet at home. It does it with GameFAQs after about 15 - 45 minutes, and after two hours Google and Wikipedia stops loading. This is one of the few sites that constantly loads for me.

Its fine when I use wireless internet at my school with the same laptop. And any computer directly connected to the Actiontec router (wired) works fine. Its just the wireless that is wonky.

Maybe the pages old IP address is cached in the router, and whenever you try to pull up said page, your router looks for the old IP. Give the network reset a shot, and if all else fails, do a browser cleanup (never doubt the power of a fucked up cookie)