TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I'm surprised no one has made this yet since the third season just started. This is honestly one of the top 5 funniest shows on television right now. The whole "Dennis vs. The Hippies" storyline in "The Gang Finds A Dumpster Baby" was the greatest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

Season three. Discuss.

Absolutely amazing. I was going to start this thread myself, but I was sure someone already did...

My friends and I were dying laughing at the scene where they are at the bar, then they go do the same thing at the park, then come back to the bar.

Well last night we're all watching the Skins/Eagles game. We're drinkin, our buddy calls us over and says come over we have a few kegs. So what do we do? Bring our beer. Sit down, and watch the Skins/Eagles game.

I couldn't help but to laugh at myself.

Also, The Yuppie vs. Hippie fued was absolutely hilarious.

The only negative thing I can say about the show is I wish it was on HBO.

I'm glad it's not on HBO. I don't trust HBO with a comedy series and I think one of the best things about the series is that it touches the top of the line but doesn't run miles over the line. On HBO, there really isn't a line and sometimes with comedy series, there isn't much of an audience on HBO.

On FX they can still get away with hilarious stuff and they can pull in a much wider audience.

Last nights episodes were money as well. The whole heist to get the will was rather funny. Danny DeVito does an amazing job on this show.

Yeah, I just started watching and it's hilarious. The bit when they were trying to break the 'private' door down of the Korean restaurant had me in stitches.

These are the worst people in the world and I can totally relate to them. I don't know how I feel about that.

Why the shit don't more of you people talk about this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82tD-NxJHF0

Day Man

Fighter of the Night Man

Champion of the Sun

Master of Karate

and friendship for everyone.

It's my second favorite comedy on TV right now, right behind The Office and tied with 30 Rock.

After seeing that episode... my band decided that we should cover that song. and we did.

and it's awesome.

I LOVE this show.

'Yo what up baby your crew aint clowns"'

or whatever that retard said.

god.

we're going to hell.

You people have no idea what you're missing by not watching this show. The last episode, an hour long two-parter, was one of the funniest things ever. I about died over the line:

"Let Buster do a line off your boner."

well I did have a thread about this show during its first season in 05, (along with the show starved about a dude with an eating disorder and his crazy friends, which sadly did not get renewed and ended its short run on a cliffhanger kind of)

but anyhow yea the show rules again this season. At first I hated the fact that devito came in, but his relationship with charlie is great.

and now Ill have the day man song in my head again

buy the dvd of the 1st and 2nd season, if you havent watched prior to this year

I wish someone had told me about it back in '05. I bought the S1&2 DVD set earlier this year, watched it all, and now I'm watching every time it comes on for sure. Instantly one of my favorite shows, right there under The Office and 30 Rock.

Four people own a bar, five counting Danny DeVito who joined a few episodes into the series (season two I think). Most people describe the show as Seinfeld-like, only way over the edge. It's one of the most politically-incorrect shows you'll ever see, including South Park. Think of a topic that most shows wouldn't make light of, and this one takes care of it. The character Charlie is one of the best TV characters in years.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0SSHVucJ--A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PD6J6kJ2lbU

more info, Dennis and Dee are brother and sisters Mac and Charlie are their friends from high school. Devitos character Franky Reynolds is the adopted father of Dennis and Dee (it was revealed in season 2 that frank wasnt their real dad, their mom died in the season 3 premiere) Dennis is a vain, vageuly metro-sexual type guy, Dee is just your average 30 something blonde who is usually the voice of reason. Charlie is the wacky guy and Mac is his sort of sidekick, the ultra-macho philly bar type dude, whose dad is in prison.

basically they get in ridicoulous situations, usually instigated by charlie and mac, and Frank to a degree. its got that seinfeld/curb your ethusiasm type vibe, with most of the humor coming from the embarassment of the characters.

for example, the gang finds an abandoned baby and try to cash in by getting the baby into acting, they decide it needs a tan and try to go to a tanning salon.

anyhow I cant do it justice, watch it!

night man, sneaky and mean

?something? inside my dreams

i think i love you

you make me wanna cry, you make me wanna die

i love you i love you i love you i love you i love you night man

every night you come into my room and pin me down with your strong arms you pin me down and i try to fight you you come inside me you fill me up and i become the night man

ust two men sharing the night

It might seem wrong but it's just right

It's just two men sharing each other

It's just two men like loving brothers

One on top, and one on bottom

One inside, and one is out

One is screaming he's so happy

The other's screaming a passionate shout

It's the Night Man

The feeling so wrong it's right man

the feeling so wrong...

I can't fight you man when you come inside me and pin me down your strong hands and I'll become the Night....the passionate, passionate Night Man.

They took you Night Man

and you don't belong to them

They left me in a world of darkness

without your sexy hands

and I miss you Night Man

so bad.

That's the finest comedy on tv.

Saw the cop car episode and the "america all over your asses" episode tonight. This was my first time watching this show and laughed throughout. Great reccomend and now I'll be watching.

"New Orleans really had their shit figured out....Except for the levees."

I just did a major spit-take. I'm watching the latest episode, and the line "I think we should just kick him in the dick" totally caught me off guard. :lol:

Then just a few second later "Ohhhh, the technology failed me!" got me as well.

I'm watching this as posting, and now "Yeah, well, you've never seen me watch my testicles either but that doesn't mean that I don't do it every Friday" also got me.

Yes. It should be tremendous.

I haven't picked up the season 3 DVDs yet, but saw all the episodes when they aired and watched them again online. Is there anything cool I'm missing out on on the DVDs? Season 1 and 2 just had something like 2 commentary tracks and very little else.

OH YEAH!

OHHHH YEAH!

LETS CHOP CATS! LETS CHOP CATS!

The Season 3 DVD has two commentaries, a gag reel, and a couple of featurettes. I haven't got to those extras on disc 3, but the commentaries are pretty good. Just not abundant. And once again two episodes air Thursday night, back to back.

Mac and Dennis: Manhunters deals with those two hunting people while Frank tricks Dee and Charlie into thinking they ate human meat. The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis by buying drums of oil and selling it door to door.

Here's the full episode list for the season, spoiled since some people treat them as jokes.

# Mac and Dennis: Manhunters

# The Guys Solve the Gas Crisis

# Mac and Charlie Die: Part One

# Mac and Charlie Die: Part Two

# Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life

# Frank Buys a Billboard

# The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition

# Who Pooped the Bed?

# The Nightman Cometh

# The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell

# Mac Dates the Waitress

# Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack

# Paddy’s Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia

Also, check out the Sunny Blog on the FX website, with its abundance of features. If you consider the episode titles spoilers, you may want to hang back as there's an awesome

excerpt from the book An Erotic Life by Dennis Reynolds

And finally, AV Club Interviews the Gang:

http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/its_always_sunny_in

I didn't get the new dvd due to lack of funds at the moment, but I am pumped for Season 4. Maybe Charlie will finally get the Coffee Store girl ( who in real life is his wife actually). At the least we need more Frank and Charlie- centered episodes IMO.

The title for Episode 9 has me so fucking excited. Some asshole needs to leak this shit to the internet already, I can't wait 24 fucking hours.