TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

WWE Folder sucks dick

Alright- this isn't thee WWE Folder but majormayhem1 and Damien are speculating on whether there are two Ultimate Warriors in the Independent/Japanese wrestling folder and that's worthy of inclusion in this thread.

This Damien fella is an amalgamation of every guy I've stood next to in line while waiting for tickets for a WWE show to go on sale. And I probably have unknowingly stood next to majormayhem1 while waiting for WWE tickets to go on sale!

I went to my first WWE event in almost two years a few weeks ago and I'd forgotten how hilarious the casual fans who go to those shows are.

I know, man. That's why I don't go in for that thing where you used to like wrestling, but when you pass that stage you hate it and disparage it. You damn well better be a hardcore wrestling fan, because if not you have two alternatives. You are either A: a child, or B: a fucking retard. Take you pick.

:lol: :lol:

Thing is, the only way I can watch wrestling stateside is if I'm really fucked up. I knew there was a reason why I used to make tapes around guys like Steiner in WCW as Big Poppa Pump... and a best of Heidenriech tape... it's like I was planning for this before I had even thought about it.

The current Raw thread is all kinds of stupid.

I hate the fact that this thread will probably be my legacy at TSM.

Your legacy at TSM has yet to be fully-formed. Blaze your own trail, Cheech. Come back.

This might be a dumb question, but I haven't been around in a while and I've missed a lot. Why is the Comments Which Don't Warrant a Thread topic back? I thought everyone loved when we got rid of it.

What happened to Town Hall? Or Q&A?

People got apathetic about the board's revival almost immedietely after you and Dandy left. I'd start some Town Halls but I haven't watched WWE in months. I've suggested a few people for Q&As but the suggestions mostly fell on deaf ears. I might take some initiative though and see if Lanny Poffo wants to do the Q&A. Apparently, he personally answers all of his e-mails. From watching his RF Shoot, I think he'd make for a fun Q&A subject.

Town Hall just kind of stopped (though Kamala tries to get similar discussions going in General) and, from what I gather, we ran out of people who would answer questions AND be relevant after two sessions. We had PPV Roundtables which were fun but apparently that was scrapped for the Bash (I don't know if one was ever planned as I preemptively told Kamala I had to work on the usual discussion night and that was all I heard about it). I also think there became a period of apathy from those that did care to make it better. All we knew publicly was you and Dandy both quit at the same time, so either you both felt your efforts had been in vain (which discouraged those of us that cared enough to be "good posters" in that area of the board) or there were some board politics that caused a rift (which again, discouraged those of us that cared enough to be "good posters" in that area of the board). Maybe that's giving you two too much credit, but I know I was certainly bummed about it for a bit (and even more so when I got the scoop).

CTDWAT is back because, frankly, people are morons. I'm pretty sure massive warnings were given about this but the attempt to "clean up" the folder was still there. It still is there and it's not like King gave up, but basically we had a "Random Thoughts" thread (which would get closed at around 600 posts, then started anew to avoid massive threads I guess) and a "News You Could Barely Use" thread. As simple as you'd think separating random THOUGHTS that don't warrant a thread (ex. "I miss Trevor Murdoch") and news that was too minor to have it's own thread (ex. "Michael Hayes pushed to have Trevor Murdoch come to Smackdown"), people seemed to think minor and even major news items were thoughts they randomly had so stuff was being repeated all over. King basically decided to end the madness and re-institute CTDWAT, but the gimmick is that it's not SUPPOSED to become the cluttered mess where every post ever not about a TV show or PPV went prior to the revamp, and if King sees posts in there that warrant a discussion thread (for example, Mr. Kennedy suffering another injury), he uses his powers to pluck the posts and make a new thread.

About the Great American Bash roundtable, my aunt was visiting that week so I was busy on the night we usually did them. I told the rest of the usual suspects that I'd be glad if they did one without me or we could do one on another night and I didn't get a response from anybody but HTQ.

We'll probably do one for SummerSlam but I'm not going to have cable while I'm up at college so I don't think I'll be able to do them for a while after that.