TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Halo3

So, its a week until Halo3 is out, and I tried to find a topic about it and there was nothing - so here's one.

Already stores in the UK, and Norway, have started to sell Halo3 early. I'm not sure how it is over in the States, but I know of at least one guy who's got a copy, as he's been bugging me on Xbox live to check his games played and there it is - bastard.

Still, I can't wait for this game and to try out to the 4player Campaign Co-Op mode.

halo3a.jpg

The envy of my fat friend 'Pugg' - though I get the impression the guy works at Argos since his reciept is signed like a staff purchase.

I'll be picking it up, too. I'm also coming from a rather quaint perspective of only recently playing through the first 2 games: I played through and beat Halo on Saturday, got Halo 2 yesterday, and expect to finish it some time before the H3 launch. The cliffhanger ending won't matter for me. :)

I'm still not exactly drawn to online matches, although with Gears I enjoyed playing co-op. Online co-op may be a big difference-maker for me.

I'll be downloading it, and soon it looks like since it was released early. The co-op is the draw for me, and the game looked like a vast improvement over the first two installments, so I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully it has bots for local multiplayer as well, but I haven't really read much about the game so I don't know.

That's due to there being a disclosure thing, there's no reviews of the game till the 26th as Bungie don't want secrets to be leaked and spoiled.

LOL, it's a bit late for that.

EDIT: Plus, somebody has reviewed it: http://kotaku.com/gaming/big-in-japan/fami...lo-3-301319.php

OVR of 37/40. Pity no one there will be buying it.

I guess they figured it doesn't matter, because it's Japan.

Personally I'm not that hyped for it, and I've never gotten the huge love over the second game. I dug the first one and the second one was ok, but seemed mostly like more of the same thing. The online multiplayer for #2 was full of little kids and people using the sword non-stop, so I got sick of that pretty quick. I'm looking forward to COD4 more than this. I think mostly I just like more realistic based FPS with real world type weapons.

I'm pretty sure that they can't do that.

If they do, they are going to have to refund some money for the peoples live account. Their contract agreement when it comes to release dates is between them(Microsoft) and the retailer. If the customer legally buys it from the retailer, they have done nothing wrong.

I personally think its BS to stop people from buying the game early.

:huh: That seems unreasonable to ban someone from Xbox Live just because they got lucky and got an early copy, if anything Microsoft should go after retailers or sites like eBay, that may hurt Microsoft in the long run if they are banning people for petty reasons like that, it could result in those people sellin their 360 for a Wii or PS3, I think those people should report Microsoft to the BBB for that

Man, that's harsh as hell! I know Game have their stock sitting in the main Warehouse, and won't be shipping it to stores until at least Friday/Saturday, maybe even the Monday, to stop dipshit stores selling it early. I phoned up today to let them know Argos was selling it early, but all they'll (Game) will do is phone the streetbreaker hotline, who will then go 'Oooh you naughty people' at Argos.

The only people that are getting banned for playing Halo 2 early are Microsoft employees.

Edit: Fine, Halo 3. But it still applied to Halo 2, I think.

I was wondering if anyone was going to make a topic for this. I almost did, myself.

I have the game preordered and paid off in full. I spent hundreds of hours on Halo 2 multiplayer, despite sucking at FPs games and hardly ever playing any others. I even met 3 guys from Live in person.

I can't wait!

Now Gamespot says that they won't be banning anyone who bought the game early. That was fast.

I should care, but I don't. I played 1, never finished offline and never played online. Never touched 2 and was not impressed with 3's beta. I feel so alone.

I am getting an XBOX 360 and I am fucking super goddamned excited. I'm planning on buying Bioshock and Halo 3, and later guitar hero 3 (probably over the Wii version just because of the graphics.)

What is a reasonable price to pay for a used 20GB system? New, they're like $250 now right? I said $200.

Also, what's the webbernet set up for 360? Pay? Hmm?

I'm just about to trade in PGR 3, Kameo, and Arcade Unplugged, the three first gen games I bought with my system, and pay $20 for Halo 3 at EB Games. Extremely excited.

Now Gamespot says that they won't be banning anyone who bought the game early. That was fast.

I should care, but I don't. I played 1, never finished offline and never played online. Never touched 2 and was not impressed with 3's beta. I feel so alone.

Halo 1 didn't have online, except on PC.

I am getting an XBOX 360 and I am fucking super goddamned excited. I'm planning on buying Bioshock and Halo 3, and later guitar hero 3 (probably over the Wii version just because of the graphics.)

What is a reasonable price to pay for a used 20GB system? New, they're like $250 now right? I said $200.

Also, what's the webbernet set up for 360? Pay? Hmm?

New 20 GB (Premium) systems are $350. I don't see you getting a used one for less than $300.

Live is $50 a year.

Matt answered your main questions, but I advise against getting a used system. It likely will red ring. You might end up buying a hacked console that was banned from Live. It likely will be out of warranty, and if it dies and it isn't a red ring issue, you're out a lot of money.

If you buy a new system you can get one of the ones with the extra heatsink installed, the 1 year warranty along with the 3 years red ring protection, and typically you can get a brand new game free. Plus you're guaranteed to get all the accessories. A used one might be missing the headset or something.

Hint: if it's a 20GB with an HDMI port, it's 100% definitely got the extra heatsink installed. That includes the Halo 3 360, if you want that hideous thing. :P

Halo 3. Nothing like the Halo franchise. How games so mediocre can gain so much hype.

Would you care to substantiate that with some supporting arguments, so that maybe a discussion can be made?

Otherwise, based on some of your past posts, it seems like you hate it on the principle that its a FPS with some of them darn Space Marine-ys. Would be better with a ka-wai-i robot and a 2D perspective?

No, I'd hate it more if it was Kawaii. I dislike the series because the single player gameplay is dull, the multiplayer is vastly overrated, and Halo 2 actually was a step backwards instead of forward.

Halo 3. Nothing like the Halo franchise. How games so mediocre can gain so much hype.

I'm shocked it took this many posts to get the (generic Halo hate response), wow. Maybe I'm too used to boards with weeaboo infestations.

I played the first Halo, and it felt like every other FPS I ever played. Online deathmatches were fairly fun, but no more so than other FPS deathmatches. I don't get it, but I played on PC, so maybe there's something super-cool about playing it on console, I dunno.

Halo was a big deal when it came out because I don't think there were any console FPS that were nearly as good as it graphics wise(gameplay was okay, I just didn't like it).

Halo 2 was a slight step up, I never played the multiplayer which is what everyone creams theri pants over. The game looked pretty much the same to me though, and once again, I didn't really care because I am not that much of a FPS fan.

Halo 3 looks absolutely gourgeous though, and probably has the best lighting that has ever been seen on a console. I guess that it could be fun but at the same time...FPS. If you don't care for FPS you probably won't care for it. I wouldn't call the game overrated or mediocre though.

Halo 1 was an awesome multi-player experience, but it had the worst campaign mode of any game I've ever played. The plotline was cool, but everything else was ridiculous and labyrinthene.

So I played the first couple of missions of the campaign. I guess the first thing that struck me was how the split-screen is put into a 4:3 box - meaning there are black bars on the side of the TV even though I tried both 720p and 1080i. Suffice to say, the viewable area is incredibly small on a 32" TV. There didn't seem to be any setting that would fix that, so I really don't know what the hell they were thinking when doing the split-screen.

The graphics aren't very good at all. That might be because I'm playing split-screen, but the graphics aren't even touching Gears of War or BioShock, the former of which I also played split-screen. Neither does the level design seem as detailed or interesting as those other games.

The gameplay seems pretty weak. The point of the game seems to be to kill hordes of enemies that aren't very smart or difficult to kill, using weapons that don't seem to be a whole lot different from one and other. There's certainly nothing as cool as Gears of War's chainsaw gun, or BioShock's plasmids. I can't say I'm impressed at all with this game, especially in comparison to the greatness that was BioShock and Gears of War. But I am fairly early in the game, so perhaps things get better later.

Edit - Mission 3 is much, much, much better. It's actually paced well, and the second half has an awesome environment. It was actually a challenge too.