TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 5

Ive decided that I know my 3 keepers are going to be Josh Smith, Chris Kaman and Kevin Martin, and I need to keep Andre Miller around for the Assists, but I can afford to deal Vince Carter and Devin Harris (should be back after the all star break).

My team is injury riddled and barely squeaked out a 4-3-1 win but its going to be harder from here on out and I need to make some moves to position myself for a playoff run, and with Vince Carter and Devin Harris not fitting my keeper plans if I can deal them and improve in the short term it would be great.

Even though Randolph is a downgrade from McGrady when McGrady's healthy, it's a trade I had to make. I needed the rebounds, and I already have one guy who scores at a much higher clip than McGrady, so it isn't all that bad a loss, for me, anyway. I don't like Randolph at all, so I had to push my bias to the side. I'll probably keep him too.

Guest Vitamin X

I had too many keepers already, and you're probably getting a steal in Udrih, particularly if Bibby or Artest get traded. I think my keepers will be Aldridge, Davis, and McGrady, which isn't a bad trio for a first-year team here.

I hate the fact that the majority of my team has been injured at most points throughout the season.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm glad about the Phoenix trade. Since Shaq got injured, I went from #3 in the league standings to #7; just barely on the bubble for the playoffs, and now I'm losing to the guy ranked at #8. Hopefully Shaq gets back sooner rather than later; otherwise, he's taking up a perfectly good roster spot for me.

I'm treading water and after a lucky 8-0 last week... I'm barely going to get to .500 this week.

Very disappointing season with key contributors seemingly getting injured every week for 2-3 games (missing Tony Parker really hurts).

This has been the kind of week I needed..I have one guy who has more blocks (Smith - 17) than just about every other team and I have a total of 38 which is just crazy as no one has more than 18 total for their whole team. I was able to luck into (by way of Kaman having an outstanding year) positioning my team well in the Blocks/Rebounds/Assists/Steals/Points categories but Im really taking a horrific beating in 3 pointers (1-13). Ive pretty much decided its not worth trying to improve 3 pointers at the cost of the other stats though though Im getting some help in 3's from a couple of guys I recently added in Sefolosha and Radmonovic.

This league is turning into the NBA's Western Conference...

Constant trades by the top contenders in the playoff race.

Guest Vitamin X

The depressing outlook on losing to Marvin 1-7, made me want to give up on the season and start over with some new guys by giving up Baron Davis. Unless Shaq comes back with like a triple-double tomorrow.

This league is turning into the NBA's Western Conference...

Constant trades by the top contenders in the playoff race.

I know I'll get flack for making so many moves (most in the league at 40 with the trade) but Ive had constant injuries and in a league with no injured roster spot...and its a testament to my moves that I should be able to crack the top 5 after this week. Ive helped out my 3 pointers enough to probably win my 2nd 3 pointer cat of the season.

As for this trade I made, I think it will solidify my dominance in the blocks category with 3 of the top 5 shot blockers in the NBA and boost me to the top in rebounds. I took a loss in assists but Im looking at some alternatives and Ive been without Harris for awhile anyway and still doing well so it wont be as bad.

My goal is to get a top 4 slot for the playoffs and keep it for 5 more weeks..

Guest Vitamin X

What I need from Shaq tonight, if healthy:

7 assists, 5 blocks, a 3-pointer, and a high FG percentage.

Okay, Shawn Marion is up for trade. I'm looking for a combo of young players 2-3 depending on how good they'll probably be. VX, Marion will get that for you all day!

Made a couple moves: Added Nate Robinson back to my team and added Antonio Daniels to my team in an effort to help with 3 pointers and FT%, both categories that I was almost lowest in the league at.

Guest Vitamin X
Okay, Shawn Marion is up for trade. I'm looking for a combo of young players 2-3 depending on how good they'll probably be. VX, Marion will get that for you all day!

Alright dude, make me an offer I can't refuse.

Shaqs not playing and Sefolosha grabbed a 4th steal. 8-0 WHOO!

Well, that sucks. At least I'm not a moribund balding idiot, though, so I have that to at least be happy about.

Dropped out of the top six with last week's loss, but got some good news today as Elton Brand says he definitely plans on playing this season. Why he would try to come back this season when the Clips are clearly out of it is questionable, but for fantasy purposes I'll take it.

So... is there any particular reason why the trade deadline got changed from March 6th to No Deadline?