TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

TSM NBA H2H: Year 5

I think its funny Ive got OJ in the first round and he just lost Dirk.

I shall advance to the 2nd round..yeah!

It isn't really funny. It's lucky... but not really funny. Plus, the only thing this locks you up is points. I'll have my keepers in a bit.

BTW, if next year rolls around and you decide you want to choose a different keeper from your team (say, if someone pulls an Elton Brand/Pau Gasol and gets hurt over the summer, and you want to change), feel free. I'm not going to hold you to these, mainly I just want to have a list from everyone so I know whether or not those people will be back next season.

Gil being out for the year, and not having computer access for the best part of four months, left me no choice but to tank this season. Next season, however, Gil, Rashard and J-5 will be my keepers, and I'll have a good solid base to actually draft well. Sticking around, guys.

Guest Vitamin X

As the drama in the consolation playoffs continues, I have no idea how I made it past Stern's Suitors since we ended in a 4-4 tie, and he had the better record to finish the season, but somehow he's stuck playing alf for 9th-11th place, while I'll have a shot at the venerable, prestigious 7th place game.

CONSOLATION DESTINY!

Yeah that was fucked up.

But I should've won outright anyways...I didn't realize Okur was hurt and I could've played Ridnour for some extra assists...damn.

Team Random Hero to the 2nd round of the playoffs!

That's three straight years! I'm pretty happy about that streak especially in a league of this size.

I'm sure the ride is once again going to end in a 2nd round exit for my team. Jermaine O'Neal's comeback has already destroyed the delicate structure that caused Troy Murphy to play incredible the past few weeks and Drew Gooden has an ab strain. Playing with the corpse of Wade on my bench will be my ultimate demise against Steviekick.

My only chance is countless injuries on his team... and I don't see that happening.

I did eight leagues this year, and this was the only one in which I failed to make the championship bracket. Nice work, guys.

Beating Champs is going to be harder than I had planned for. Hopefully the power of the Eastern Divisions mediocrity that is NJ (Carter) ATL (Smith and Bibby) and Philly (Miller and Dalembert) will prevail. Im worried my team had its best week last week and doesnt have anything in the tank for this week..

Beating Champs is going to be harder than I had planned for. Hopefully the power of the Eastern Divisions mediocrity that is NJ (Carter) ATL (Smith and Bibby) and Philly (Miller and Dalembert) will prevail. Im worried my team had its best week last week and doesnt have anything in the tank for this week..

Also many people, including you it seems, fail to realize how well balanced my team is. The only true weakness I have is FG%.

Team Random Hero to the 2nd round of the playoffs!

That's three straight years! I'm pretty happy about that streak especially in a league of this size.

I'm sure the ride is once again going to end in a 2nd round exit for my team. Jermaine O'Neal's comeback has already destroyed the delicate structure that caused Troy Murphy to play incredible the past few weeks and Drew Gooden has an ab strain. Playing with the corpse of Wade on my bench will be my ultimate demise against Steviekick.

My only chance is countless injuries on his team... and I don't see that happening.

You've been kicking my ass hardcore. Way to go dude.

Also many people, including you it seems, fail to realize how well balanced my team is. The only true weakness I have is FG%.

Yep, and Im beating your balanced team 4-3-1 though its really close in all the stats.

Im most concerned about the Points category since thats the first tiebreaker and it could very well come down to that.

Late Edit: Im probably going to go up 6-2 taking the Blocks and 3's category tonight but by a slim margin on both.

Re: trade deadline

I figured at the end of the year, if guys want to make some deals to get some new keepers, this would be a good way to do it.

For example, let's say you want to get Lamar Odom as a keeper. Since I'm not planning to keep Odom, at the end of the year you just send me any one of your non-keepers for him (we'll say Troy Murphy, again as an example). This would also allow you to make these sort of deals without adversely affecting anyone's playoff chances.

If nothing else, we could just take a vote on this, and I can reinstate the deadline if you guys are not in favor.

Something I just thought of today:

This only applies to returning managers. In other words, if Fokai or Precious Roy (the only two managers I haven't heard from) decide to drop out, no one will be allowed to make trades with those teams. However, keep in mind that you don't have to keep three people, so you could drop one of your current keepers in order to have a better chance to obtain one of their big players in the draft.

In that case, if neither of them return, I just want to keep Steve Nash. If one of them returns, I'd like to keep Steve Nash and Shawn Marion. If they both return, I'd like to keep Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili, and Shawn Marion.

Im conceding the loss based on the fucking people at yahoo saying Vince Carter would need surgery on his ankle and he's out there tonight and scored 34 points plus Ron Artest was out so I basically got royally screwed (pun..haha). If I had his 34 points plus Kevin Martin's 32 plus the 18 from Smith and Miller each I would have taken the points lead going in to tomorrow which would give me a bit of hope for pulling this out somehow. Instead Im screwed unless I pick up the FG and Blocks. I cant calculate FG% but Im down 1 block by my calculations and Champs has Chandler and Battier. If I only win one I lose via the first tiebreaker that is points..

ARGH.

Im sitting here agonizing the stat trackers for the games and right now watching my championship hopes go down the toilet.

Im screwed on FG% but Im only down 5 3's and 1 block to at least tie. If I were to tie both of those I might backdoor my way into the championship game..but its not likely..

Some critical games tonight. This has been a close matchup all week long.

Ramon Sessions has been a monster in place of Mo Williams. Troy Murphy has managed to fall apart and become useless. My team learned to deal with the loss of Wade a few weeks ago, but the injuries to Drew Gooden and Josh Boone have utterly killed me in the rebounds and blocks categories.

I'm fairly certain I have at least 3 categories locked up, every other category is either tied or very very close. FG%, 3PTM, REB, STL, and BLKS are anyones to win. I should win the points category and that would give me the tie breaker. TOOG will have to win those other 5 categories to get the victory.

I did all I could do to try and eek out the Points category and win by tiebreaker given that I had going into tonight 12 players starting tonight/tomorrow vs Ice Cream's 8. I was only down 54 points at the start of tonight so hopefully maybe I can pull that out.

I didnt play Kevin Martin tonight because I couldnt afford to have another 0's performance but you watch, he'll probably not only play but also score 40 tonight.

Still need keepers from Fokai and Precious Roy, or at least assurance of whether or not they'll be back next season.

We're gonna cowboy up.

I guess just saying that statement gets you some sort of Boston Red Sox beard karma and helps your team pull off the impossible. I'll have to remember that for next season.

Even though that championship matchup ended 7-1, that was still an incredibly close matchup in nearly all the stat categories. I was extremely concerned until Jason Richardson's 8 steal performance on Tuesday.

Team Random Hero will be enjoying the off-season in Disney World.

Congrats on winning dude.

The Champs Are Here must spend the off-season the same way they've spent it the other seasons - wondering 'what if'. Now with a 3rd place finish in a previous year and 2nd place this year, I'm getting due to take the step to victory.

By the way, I'm confirming my keepers are Iverson, Redd and Chandler.

I really hate to be a bother about this, but I would really like to know what Roy and Fokai's status is and who their keepers are before setting up next year's league.