TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

So yeah, this is on tonight. I'm pretty psyched for it, although I won't be able to watch it tonight. Early reviews have been saying it's pretty good.

For anyone that can't watch it tonight or doesn't want to sit through commercials, it will be released on DVD on Tuesday. This is what I'll be doing.

So yay for Jack Bauer!

Glad I have a DVR. "True Blood" has its season finale at 9 and with the lady in charge of the remote tonight, we'll be watching that.

I really missed Jack Bauer.

Yes, season 6 sucked balls so bad that I refuse to buy the DVD... but word is the special tonight is very good and Season 7 is already 100% written, first time in 24 history.

So great to see terrorists die unrealistic deaths in buches again.

I'll be recording this while I watch Ind/SD or USF/UConn, then see it later on tonight. About fucking time. It feels like it's been 5 years since I've seen 24, not just a year and a half. Now I know what Sopranos fans went through.

I was quite satisfied with this movie. I just wish Tom Lennix would be back for Season 7, I liked his character but it's also good that it will be pretty much a different direction with mostly new characters besides Chloe,Tony and Jack...eh? I also like it won't take place in LA and there is no CTU

And who can't wait for Tony vs Jack? That interriogation they showed in the previews looks intense.

The movie was ok. Lots of good killings by Jack, which helped but they had a lot of narrative to tell which doesn't suit the movie format well. If you view it for what it was - a preview for season 7, then it was pretty good. The prolonged Hyundai Genesis and Nextel/Sprint closeups were hilarious.

The season 7 trailer looked damn insane. "I swear to God I will kill you and you will STAY dead this time" looked amazing. God I can't wait.

"Are you in the FBI?"

"No, I'm a stay at home mom."

I didn't even think that the girlfriend was evil myself. I was sort of rolling my eyes at the whole thing because it seems like the White House always has to have some sort of fucking leak - it's getting tiresome. But I'm still feeling damn positive about the season because it's going to be really fresh without CTU and in a new setting.

Didn't they say it was the FBI has a leak and not the White House? Maybe for once the White House is secure?

Oh who am I kidding, it's probably got more leaks than a strainer.

The movie was ok. Lots of good killings by Jack, which helped but they had a lot of narrative to tell which doesn't suit the movie format well. If you view it for what it was - a preview for season 7, then it was pretty good. The prolonged Hyundai Genesis and Nextel/Sprint closeups were hilarious.

Somehow you missed the Cisco Telepresence ad.

Agreed with the good killings. My Mother-in-Law (who by the way, doesn't speak much English) thought Jack was toast at the start, but as my wife pointed out, "it's only 12 to 1 odds".

Kill of the season thus far - Jack killing the guy with the back of his knee, after using what appeared to be an inverted triangle choke "with a twist".

Having Tom Lennox back would be cool, but I think pulling a double hurt Peter MacNichol's acting on Numb3rs, and I'd imagine that the producers didn't want to see that again. Maybe they can get Jude Ciccolella back as Novick.

Novick would be awesome to return, he was one of my favourite characters, especially in Season 2

I watched the first 17 minutes of Season 7 on the Redemption DVD. It seems like a fine start, but one annoying thing. This is very minor, but I'll put in in spoiler tags just in case.

So it looks like the FBI offices will be replacing CTU. I guess it wouldn't be 24 without the petty quibbling between agents. In this case, Janeane Garafolo and Rhys Coiro. They only have the one scene in the 17 minute preview, but I look forward to more pointless personality clashes and whatnot to fill the time between Jack Bauer action sequences.

Like we don't have enough shows involving the FBI. Although if they could work in a Bones crossover I'd be suitably impressed. Not that I care that much for the show but hey, why not?

SO HELP ME GOD YOU WILL STAY DEAD THIS TIME!

4 days!!

I was in the checkout aisle at the grocery store and I saw Jack Bauer's steely blue eyes staring back at me from the cover of TV Guide so I couldn't help but skim the article. One small problem: they had a MAJOR spoiler in a sidebar piece about the new characters.

President's son gets murdered by carefully covered up suicide... I'm guessing first episode.

I should've known he wasn't long for this series when Hodges kept telling that rogue secret service agent that he hadn't totally eliminated the problem that could expose him in "Redemption". I too didn't figure it would be so quick.

Glenn Beck interviews Chole from 24

GLENN: You didn't? You should. You will. At some point you will. You are also an artist, are you not?

RAJSKUB: Yes, I went to school for painting.

GLENN: I'm trying to find any of your artwork on line and I can't find anything. Do you just keep it in the basement, do you keep it under your bed?

RAJSKUB: I'm going to bring it out for '09. I've just started to. I only, I put a couple of things up on Facebook but not much yet.

GLENN: Seriously? Now, what kind of painter are you?

RAJSKUB: I like -- my taste is I like modern impressionist painting, but I also like painting of retarded children and painting of the insane.

GLENN: How much of the painting of the retarded children --

RAJSKUB: Who's laughing in the background?

GLENN: No, we're not laughing. We're just imagining that those would be nice. What do the paintings of the retarded children go for? Because I've been -- honestly I've been looking for one of those and I haven't seen them. But I want to --

RAJSKUB: The thing is they are really good. It's like pure expression, emotional painting.

GLENN: See, I don't -- you have no idea if you really do this or you're just screwing with people.

RAJSKUB: In this case I'm being completely honest. Because, you know, if you are going to look at a painting, what's the point of making a painting like a photograph? Just take a picture. You want to feel what's happening with that person, as far as I'm concerned.

GLENN: I want you to send some pictures. Will you send some pictures? I want to post some pictures of your paintings. I want to see these paintings.

RAJSKUB: Okay.

GLENN: Will you send them to us?

RAJSKUB: Yep. How do I send them?

GLENN: Just transfer it to my screen.

RAJSKUB: Okay.

GLENN: Oh, wow, those are nice. Let me ask you this. Do you get sick of people saying, do you transfer to my screen?

RAJSKUB: No, I love it. Transfer to my screen and, I'm picking it up on traffic cam. I've got the satellite. I don't know how much, like, information I can actually get from a traffic camera. I'm like, I've got the license plate.

GLENN: A lot. You can get a lot at CTU.

RAJSKUB: I guess so.

GLENN: All right. Mary Lynn -- actually, hold on. I want you to talk to my producer and he will get an e-mail address but I do want to see the pictures of it and we'll post them.

RAJSKUB: I'll send them.

GLENN: I don't believe you for a second but I'd love to see them.

RAJSKUB: I will.

It was actually the worst interview Ive ever heard, but that part was classic.

So I won/got two tickets to a special "VIP" screening of the 24 premiere in a theater on Saturday night, actually at the Mall of America of all places. Apparently free food, drinks, and merchandise as well so it should be a cool free promo deal to check out.

I had planned on watching all seasons of 24 since I had never seen it before, and then try to watch the new one as it airs. Due to procrastination, various distractions as far as entertainment goes (Xbox 360 games and its Netflix feature, plus TV shows on DVD my friends let me borrow) I am only 6 episodes into the series. It didn't help that it's harder to find decent streaming sites for 24 than it is for most shows.

The show hasn't grabbed me like Lost or Heroes, but it's decent. I won't be anywhere near caught up by the time the season starts, onbviously, but in a couple weeks after I'm done re-watching all seasons of Lost, I'll work on 24. I hope to be caught up by the end of February. I'll be recording all the season 7 episodes in high def on my DVR. I already have Redemption on there.

Hopefully I can finally understand what all the hype is about.

I had planned on watching all seasons of 24 since I had never seen it before, and then try to watch the new one as it airs. Due to procrastination, various distractions as far as entertainment goes (Xbox 360 games and its Netflix feature, plus TV shows on DVD my friends let me borrow) I am only 6 episodes into the series. It didn't help that it's harder to find decent streaming sites for 24 than it is for most shows.

The show hasn't grabbed me like Lost or Heroes, but it's decent. I won't be anywhere near caught up by the time the season starts, onbviously, but in a couple weeks after I'm done re-watching all seasons of Lost, I'll work on 24. I hope to be caught up by the end of February. I'll be recording all the season 7 episodes in high def on my DVR. I already have Redemption on there.

Hopefully I can finally understand what all the hype is about.

Good thing you are starting from the beginning, as I think thats the only way to get into it at this point. I hadnt seen a single episode until season 3 or 4 came around, and took the route of just renting the DVDs of each season before I got current. That worked really well since I would do marathon viewings, which is perfect for this kind of show. I'm predicting you will be hooked by the end of season 1 ;)