TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

It was pretty obvious that Tony was undercover (if he was really evil those plans would have crashed in the first episode, just so the writers could have him cross the moral event horizon), I just didn't expect it to get revealed so quickly.

Well, this is an interesting shift; so much for "FBI is the new CTU." Well, they are, but they're actually tracking down our protagonists rather than being them. I kinda like that. The undercover stuff calls back pretty heavily to the beginnings of both season 2 and season 3, but those are two of my favorites so I'm happy to revisit the trope. I think what I'm happiest about is that Tony actually was a dick mercenary for three years.

I thought the last two episodes were really strong. As it's been mentioned, the current direction with the FBI pursuing Jack & Tony is interesting. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that we'll be back to basics by midseason. I figure the President will learn about the undercover operation, something will happen to Agent Moss (or he refuses to work with Jack and company), and Bill will become interim head FBI guy.

That said, I'm glad that we will apparently get to see Jack and Tony work together in the field. Surprisingly, we've only seen that in a few episodes in season 4 (and it was awesome).

I find it very amusing that Agent Walker seems to be turning into the female equivalent of Jack Bauer, complete with her own Chloe. I anxiously await the impending meeting between Chloe and Janis.

My favorite part of the premiere was Janis. I loved that someone finally challenged Chloe. She always just hacks into these systems and no one ever notices or attempts to stop her. So when Janis started locking Chloe out I was very surprised and happy. And Chloe's "someone is trying to stop me from doing this and its starting to piss me off" just made the whole thing for me.

I was really enjoying Tony as the bad guy too. And as others said, I am very happy with the development that he was actually with the group as a terrorist. I am hoping we haven't seen the last of this, as in they resolve this issue and so Tony feels he can go back to his mercenary ways and we get more Jack vs. Tony action.

It was pretty obvious that Tony was undercover (if he was really evil those plans would have crashed in the first episode, just so the writers could have him cross the moral event horizon), I just didn't expect it to get revealed so quickly.

Same here, the way they were previewing the season you got the idea that Tony was the bad guy, even if you figured he wouldn't be. Little surprised that they squashed that already.

Janis...ugh. I really dislike Janeane Garofalo, and do not like her character at all.

Also way way way tired of the mole in the federal agency and secret service EVERY season

I knew Brian wasn't trustworthy!

And I was wondering how Jack was going to do anything other than waste her. He put a gun to Chase's head and pulled the trigger and also sent Chapelle into the abyss. So here I was thinking it was pretty bad ass that he didn't give her a kill shot but then Emerson makes them bury her alive. Pretty awesome ending there.

I liked the ending, too, but I get the feeling they'll be continuing with the burial for a few more minutes, only to see/hear sirens in the distance, and they'll have to bail. There's no way they kill her off this early.

It does but not always -- i.e. the end of Season 2 with President Palmer.

I enjoyed tonight's episode but there's no way FBI Chick is dead. Not a chance.

As Boon pointed out (and unless we're both wrong here) whenever the silent clock plays at the end of a 24 episode it signifies the death of a character.

George Mason got a silent clock when he walked out of CTU in season 2 after giving up his command to Tony. Of course he was dying from radiation poison, but he didn't die until later when he crashed the plane with the nuke. I'd be really shocked if Walker is dead.

I'm just watching the new episode now and just swore at the TV when the FBI guy (who's on Entourage) was talking to his wife after her plane lands. He tells her that he'll be home late because there's a lot of shit going down (which she fucking already knows since her plane was circling for a long time) and she says... "I haven't seen you in a week..." WHAT. A. CUNT. Seriously? Fuck you.

Doesn't matter because of course Billy Walsh is fucking the hottest blonde the FBI probably has to offer.

Although I have to say, I don't exactly love the way he's playing this character. It's a bit too dry.

As Boon pointed out (and unless we're both wrong here) whenever the silent clock plays at the end of a 24 episode it signifies the death of a character.

George Mason got a silent clock when he walked out of CTU in season 2 after giving up his command to Tony. Of course he was dying from radiation poison, but he didn't die until later when he crashed the plane with the nuke. I'd be really shocked if Walker is dead.

At the end of "Redemption" when Jack is flying out of Africa with the refugee children, they also did the slient clock. Come to think of it, they did it in The Season 6 finale after Jack told a comatose Audrey goodbye, and nobody died there. I guess we'll see next week if Agent Walker is still alive.

There's also the possibility that having the silent clock is tricking people into making everyone think that she's dead. This is the show that prides itself on SWERVES~! The writers probably realized that people are starting to track the silent clock and threw this one out there to fuck with everyone.

I bet she's alive. And now she's in with Jack and Tony.

There's also the possibility that having the silent clock is tricking people into making everyone think that she's dead. This is the show that prides itself on SWERVES~! The writers probably realized that people are starting to track the silent clock and threw this one out there to fuck with everyone.

I bet she's alive. And now she's in with Jack and Tony.

I hope she's alive (love them freckles) but I dunno about her being "in" with Jack and Tony. I don't think that Emerson would buy it and Tony has already put their relationship in jeopardy by bringing Jack on board. I think him saying "Oh, by the way this FBI agent also hates the government and wants to join" would be pretty bait.

I mean I think she helps Jack and Tony without getting in with Emerson. Kind of like an extra entity and their own mole in the FBI.

They'd still have Jack, Tony, Bill and Chloe working against the government but they'd add Renee to their stable.

We know from previews that Jack eventually gets face-to-face with the President; hard to believe he gets that access without having someone in the government on his side.