TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

So, when does the Presidential coup part of the season take place? Cause you know, her son being murdered and her husband being shot and I'm sure her daughter about to be kidnapped...you just know the, "THE PRESIDENT IS NOT FIT TO RUN THIS COUNTRY" angry Vice President who is actually in league with the enemy forcing Jack to take down the White House AGAIN part is approaching.

I hope it doesn't though. But dammit, I can feel it brewing.

So, when does the Presidential coup part of the season take place? Cause you know, her son being murdered and her husband being shot and I'm sure her daughter about to be kidnapped...you just know the, "THE PRESIDENT IS NOT FIT TO RUN THIS COUNTRY" angry Vice President who is actually in league with the enemy forcing Jack to take down the White House AGAIN part is approaching.

I hope it doesn't though. But dammit, I can feel it brewing.

Who IS the Vice President anyway? It's not the old man sidekick that keeps trying to override her on everything, is it? I thought he was secretary of defense or something like that.

Honestly, I think at this point it would be more of a swerve that nobody in the presidential cabinet is corrupt than retreading the same shit, different day. Too many times there has been enemies within the upper echelon of the government on this show, and considering that they have seemed to pinpoint that the FBI itself is the problem in this whole thing with their mole, I hope it's just a case closed.

They were going out of their way to make it seem like Janis was the mole which was a dead-giveaway that she wasn't.

The return of Aaron Pierce got a rousing reaction from our household.

I was excited for about two minutes when I thought Janis was the mole. Boo Billy Walsh.

ugh, 24 does the exact same swerve every single season. It's way too predictable that the first person they hint at being the mole is never ever ever the mole.

Nice to see Aaron back. Alas him and Morris in the opening credits took away the pop I would have given when I first saw them.

And since we know Jon Voight is gonna be the main villain behind this season can we get to him already? It's already been given away, so please 24, don't try and sell it as a surprise.

Despite how much bitching it looks like I'm doing...I'm liking this season

Hey- the prospect of seeing Janeane Garofalo being tortured was enough to sweep me off my feet for about thirty seconds. Can't blame a guy for dreaming.

Jon Voight is the main villian of the season? What's his role supposed to be?

He was in Redemption if you missed it. Based on that, I guess he'll just be the high ranking government official who's corrupt and pulling the strings of the other bad guys? Standard 24 stuff at this point.

No comments yet on tonight's episode? This season just keeps getting better and better, and next week's 2 hour episode looks completely off the hook. Also unlike last year where a mid-season 2 hour episode felt randomly thrown in, this seems like the perfect spot to have one. The previews almost give it the feel of a movie. The final scene with Tony and Jack was really intense and unnerving with a great atmosphere created just by the sunlight and the way they were sitting and flimed.

Do you guys think they have the balls to take out the White House, the President, everything?

Weasel guy at the end was so uneasy to go to the White House, I'm definitely thinking that's the target.

I'm not sure what they were going for with the crippled sister, but I hope it wasn't sympathy. I hated her. I was hoping that even though everything was settled down they found a way for a stray bullet to find the back of her head.

Yeah, the crippled sister was just begging to catch a bullet, but whatever, I'm sure that's the last of her. The only point they needed to get out was that Rene is struggling to deal with Marika's unnecessary death, anyway.

I have to say, I'm actually unsure about whether to trust Tony or not. I mean, there's obviously another terrorist threat coming (we need to finish the season afterall), but I get the feeling he's not fully "out" yet, and I don't see him turning himself in at the end of the day. I should point out that I didn't see next week's preview, so yeah.

I didn't know next week was 2 hours, so yay.

Edit: Oh, and I can't be the only one, but I was thrilled that they had Chloe able to recover the file that was erased by Billy Walsh and his girl. Yeah the explanation kind of sucked ("Don't ask me how, but...") but I really didn't want to continue the season with more "Oh no! There's still a mole in the FBI!"

Do you guys think they have the balls to take out the White House, the President, everything?

Weasel guy at the end was so uneasy to go to the White House, I'm definitely thinking that's the target.

I'm not sure what they were going for with the crippled sister, but I hope it wasn't sympathy. I hated her. I was hoping that even though everything was settled down they found a way for a stray bullet to find the back of her head.

It's definitely the White House. I don't think there's anything more "high value and high impact" in the States then that.

I really liked last night. Jack freaking out at Rene, then the comfort, then "If you ever pull a weapon on me you better intend to use it" was great. Jack pulling a gun on the paramedic had me laughing my ass off. Man just doesn't give a fuck.

And man, with the tension between the two at a fever pitch Jack and Rene will be having some HEATED sex if the two ever hook up.

And man, with the tension between the two at a fever pitch Jack and Rene will be having some HEATED sex if the two ever hook up.

I'm pretty sure that Jack had an orgasm after the "If you ever pull a weapon on me you better intend to use it" "I did" exchange...

Edit: Oh, and I can't be the only one, but I was thrilled that they had Chloe able to recover the file that was erased by Billy Walsh and his girl. Yeah the explanation kind of sucked ("Don't ask me how, but...") but I really didn't want to continue the season with more "Oh no! There's still a mole in the FBI!"

She backed up her work on another server and pulled it from that. That's a pretty decent explanation and shows that Chloe is very careful.

I too loved this week and I am definitely amped to see 24: Assault on the White House next week.

She backed up her work on another server and pulled it from that. That's a pretty decent explanation and shows that Chloe is very careful.

Oh, guess I completely missed that.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/24-Season-7/11376

TVShowsOnDVD.com is reporting that season 7 is scheduled for a May 19 release date for DVD and Blu-ray. That would be one day after the season finale, so it's just a little bit strange. I guess if they actually have filmed the rest of the season with all the extra time they've had, it would be possible. But wouldn't Fox now be running the risk of having the last few episodes leaked onto the internet, similar to the first four episodes of season 6 due to the preview disc?

If it actually stays a release date of 5/19, I'm actually kind of tempted to wait for the DVD set just so I can speed watch it.

Anybody else notice Dr. Beardface (Damn you! It's BEARD-FAH-SAY!) from Scrubs as one of the doctors in Dubaku's room at the hospital? I did a double-take when I saw him and thought, "Nah, that couldn't be him," and then I saw Scott Keith mentioned the same thing in his blog.

As for the speculation on where the attack is happening next week, am I correct in assuming you guys didn't watch the preview at the end of the episode? They spelled it out pretty clearly there.

I never watch the preview for 24 because in the early seasons they gave away the whole episode. I'm guessing they still do. I avoid the previews like the plague.

Anybody else notice Dr. Beardface (Damn you! It's BEARD-FAH-SAY!) from Scrubs as one of the doctors in Dubaku's room at the hospital? I did a double-take when I saw him and thought, "Nah, that couldn't be him," and then I saw Scott Keith mentioned the same thing in his blog.

Yes!!! Thank you for ensuring me that I'm not fucking crazy.

wow.

incredible episode.

edit: Looking past the ridiculousness of how they gained entry into the white house, I haven't been that into a 24 episode in a long long time.

Yes, the drawing of the White House was epic.

The first hour was just okay, but the second hour was easily the best episode of the season, so far. Next week looks like it might give it a run for its money, however.

Two very scary moments tonight: First Bill Buchanan gets caught in the hallway (based on everyone shot previously, I thought they might swerve us and shoot him), and then Aaron Pierce did actually get shot. I demand full scale war next week with Jack, Tony, Bill, and Pierce vs. the bad guys.

In the defense of the Secret Service dude he didn't really have a choice. If he called Juma's bluff and the prez ended up catching one he'd be blamed for the death of his countries leader.