TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

How does Juma not pull the ultimate dick heel move at the end and kill the daughter anyway after the president came out? Come on, Juma, if you want to draw heat, you've got to go for the jugular ... literally!

I wonder if The V.P. is somehow in on the conspiracy, or he's just the second coming of Logan?(I.E.-has no balls.)

Nah, the V.P. is just a pussy. Obviously Jon Voight is the Evil Rich White Guy this year.

What do you suppose is "the shipment"? Would be nice if it was something other than the standard nukes, but what else could it be?

Nah, the V.P. is just a pussy. Obviously Jon Voight is the Evil Rich White Guy this year.

What do you suppose is "the shipment"? Would be nice if it was something other than the standard nukes, but what else could it be?

I don't think it's nukes because it's apparently something that can be destroyed or made inoperable by Juma's men on the boat before it gets there. Plus if it were nukes why wouldn't Juma and his men just try to set them off themselves in DC?

It's always a nuke or some gas or something.

At least they change up the bad guys. Middle Eastern, Chinese, Whatever the Drazen's were, Americans, Africans.

I'm thinking it's what Juma has been using to get all these American Gov't. Workers to betray their country all along;-Diamonds from the mines of Africa.

I wonder if the 24 casting department is getting lazy. General Juma aka Tony Todd was in Season 3, and one of those secret service agents was in Season 1.

I wonder if the 24 casting department is getting lazy. General Juma aka Tony Todd was in Season 3, and one of those secret service agents was in Season 1.

I think that in most cases the producers like an actor enough from their smaller role to cast them when a major role comes along. For instance Diane Neal played a different character on Law&Order SVU before becoming Casey Novak. That's not really laziness in my book. To me, laziness is when you need an Asian guy for a generic guest role and you hire James Hong. You know, this guy:

Copy%20of%20hong02l.JPG

Since I got double posted, don't read EW if you don't want one of the plot twists exposed. Sadly, I did. Just a fair warning to those who get the magazine or if you go to a doctor's office that has it.

I always enjoy 24 for the ridiculous action and plotting, but this season really is absolutely monstrous. The ridiculous advocacy of torture and the conflation of its opponents with dripping wrinkly vaginas is overbearing and embarrassing.

I love how Jack practically did everything to save the president and the first thing the Senator says is "damnit, Bauer, what did you do?"

How about you attempt to pay some fucking attention, buddy? I know you hate the guy, but really?

Great episode. Fuckin' Bill, man.

This season is slightly different in that they all appreciate that Jack is right... except it's too late. Moss might even be comin' around.

Since I got double posted, don't read EW if you don't want one of the plot twists exposed. Sadly, I did. Just a fair warning to those who get the magazine or if you go to a doctor's office that has it.

Yeah, why the hell did they spoil that in the magazine? Especially since they really didn't build much towards that idea whatsoever tonight. Well, I guess they did a bit near the end. A mainstream magazine like that should really warn a reader before they publish shit like that way ahead of time before it happens on the show. I mean they didn't even give us a warning whatsoever, it was just.....there.

For those that want it spoiled....

Apparently the president's daughter is going to be a huge villain as the season develops. According to EW, one of the biggest and baddest in the history of the series or something

Awesome show tonight, Bill getting killed off totally caught me off guard though, although they were teasing the hell of out of it this season. This season is really strong stuff, IMO.

I love how Jack practically did everything to save the president and the first thing the Senator says is "damnit, Bauer, what did you do?"

Red Foreman at his finest right there?

I suppose we'll find out that the Senator is in cahoots with Jon Voight and Tim Speedle.

I echo all the sentiments. I never saw Bill's death coming but it was a great way to go out. See Renee, Jack CAN feel dammit!

I knew Bill was a dead man when I saw a preview with Jack crying. Only a few people's death will make Jack cry: Chloe, his daughter, or Bill.

Since Chloe isn't in the White House and little miss annoying wasn't either, that left Bill. Least he went out like a champ though.

I knew Bill was a goner after Jack told him to go to the hospital to continue the torture of the senator's Chief of Staff and he refused. After that you knew he had to be in the White House for a reason and that would be to die.

That was the saddest I've felt during a scripted TV show in a long time, and I think it's because in a sense Bill Buchanan had become the moral center of the 24 universe. Bill pretty much ALWAYS did what he felt was the right thing to do, even if it meant bending the rules or unleashing Jack, but he just couldn't personally go as far as Jack could because his moral compass wasn't as completely demagnetized as Jack's.

I was sorry to see Bill go, but he went in a blaze of glory(literally) Best boss CTU ever had.

Bill Buchanan will indeed be missed. I'm tempted to ask what happened to his relationship with Karen Hayes, but I never really cared for them as a couple, so it doesn't bother me much. I was surprised that they acknowledged that something happened between Pierce and Martha Logan to bring them apart.

Bill Buchanan will indeed be missed. I'm tempted to ask what happened to his relationship with Karen Hayes, but I never really cared for them as a couple, so it doesn't bother me much. I was surprised that they acknowledged that something happened between Pierce and Martha Logan to bring them apart.

I'm betting Karen shows up later in the season, I mean "day", to claim his body. That's just a guess, though.