TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 9/20 Impact Thread

Preview:

This Thursday night, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV at 9pm as we continue down the road to the October 14 “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View spectacular! Below is a preview of what is scheduled for the broadcast:

- The maniacal Judas Mesias will make his TNA in-ring debut, facing off against Eric Young! The question is, what is the condition of Abyss after Thursday’s brutal attack? Will Abyss even be in attendance at “iMPACT!” and if so, will all hell break loose?

- Opponents in the TNA World Tag Team Championship match at “Bound For Glory” will face off in singles action this Thursday night as “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles battles Ron “The Truth” Killings!

- After being attacked by Kurt and Karen Angle this past week, Sting will speak out this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” about the situation as well as his upcoming TNA World Heavyweight Championship bout against Angle at “Bound For Glory”.

- “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage will face off against the debuting Junior Fatu! Without a doubt, Samoa Joe and Mat Morgan will be watching this bout closely!

All this and much more on Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV – plus more news and updates on the upcoming “Bound For Glory”.

Discuss...

It's been awhile since I could say this, but this looks like a pretty good line-up this week. Not that it will get any time, but Truth/AJ could be fun and Christian and Fatu should be able to work a decent TV match. We'll see...

You know, it's not exactly a whole new gimmick for Rikishi or anything, but I was surprised to hear them actually mention that he was Rikishi and that he held various WWE titles.

Christian Cage wanting to destroy the Samoan nation could be a fun storyline. Just keep bringing in samoans for Cage to beat for months on end.

Also, Sting went from stupid face to genius with a snap of the fingers thanks to that restraining order and his total asshole sarcasm. "sorry, Karen...i'm so sorry"

Did Sting actually say the restraining order is from now till BFG? Wouldn't that mean the order would be up the day of the PPV and not the day AFTER the PPV? Either way we know Sting's getting screwed.

Judas Macias might be a decent gimmick for someone, but Ricky Banderas isn't really a big enough dude for such a monster heel. When he was wrestling Eric Young tonight I couldn't help but notice that Young wasn't all that much smaller than this alleged monster heel. The guy comes off like Gangrel or somebody when he should be some monster heel that would face someone like UT.

Judas Macias might be a decent gimmick for someone, but Ricky Banderas isn't really a big enough dude for such a monster heel. When he was wrestling Eric Young tonight I couldn't help but notice that Young wasn't all that much smaller than this alleged monster heel. The guy comes off like Gangrel or somebody when he should be some monster heel that would face someone like UT.

Actually Gangrel is pretty tall. I would say he's taller than Judas, other than that, I competely agree with you about Judas. That's the type of gimmick for a tall wrestler.

Muta was a great "monster" in his early American career. I don't see what being sadistic, unpredictable, and basically evil has to do with being tall. While I totally expect TNA to fuck everything up, I'm currently loving the Mesias gimmick. You're all mixing up your different types of scary. Mesias is nothing like Frankensteinian monster Kane. He's more dangerous freak Mankind.

Overall a really solid Impact.

Judas Masias looks bad ass (despite the bad ring attire) and I fully buy into him as the monster type character.

Good match between AJ and Killings that got a decent amount of time. Pacman played his role very well.

Cage vs Fatu was so so, not a great match. My only real complaint about it as they pretty much treated Cage as a jobber, and the end was a bit botched.

The first segment with Angles/Nash was really good but went on for too long, and Sting was phenominal during his segment with the restraining order. Again, the drag out of Karen Angle went on for a bit too long.

Muta was more of the evil foreigner though, the type that did devious stuff like spit mist at someone. Macias is supposed to be this Kane/Mankind type of heel monster character but the dude isn't right for that gimmick. He's like Vampiro or something. In fact if he does feud with Sting that's about what it would be like, that Vampire feud. Human Torch match anyone?

If TNA used Pac-Man strictly as a heel manager, that could work. Get the tag titles off him, push Killings as a top tier threat for the title with Pac-Man at his side...could be gold.

My only problem with Pacman is that most of the time he just looks like he doesn't care. I'm not sure whether he is trying to act likle a tough guy, but it just looks like he doesn't want to be there.

If TNA used Pac-Man strictly as a heel manager, that could work. Get the tag titles off him, push Killings as a top tier threat for the title with Pac-Man at his side...could be gold.

I don't see it personally.

I mean, Killings doesn't need a mouth piece and Pac-Man just looks bored out there. The guy is fucking useless and TNA will be paying Christ knows how much. They've gained nothing by signing the guy. However, he's still one half of the TNA Tag Team Champions even though he can't actually get in the ring and wrestle.

The seem to find a way to make sure he doesn't get touched, by either having him refuse to tag (No Surrender) or being restrained by the ref (Impact)