TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Journeyman...

You can rent the pilot for free at Blockbuster (it comes with Chuck and Life pilots, too).

Terrific show, the pilot did all the right things and hit all the right notes.

Kevin McKidd is a great as the lead, and it's good to see Reed Diamond working as a smug cop again.

Hopefully this one goes for the long run.

I watched it just because of McKidd, not even knowing what the premise was. Considering the premise, I thought that it was better than expected, and I liked that there's somewhat of an ongoing plot rather than just him trying to help someone each week. It could easily flame out after a month or so, but I'm going to give it a regular spot on my DVR for now.

I'm just hoping it lasts, many TV pundits have it on the block already

The ratings for it are getting dangerously close to the NBC death line for an original program. However if it's on the block then so is "Chuck". But sadly for Journeyman, Chuck gained some audience while it lost audience. I think NBC will hold off on the fate to be determined stuff once the playoffs are over.

If it keeps going down? Yeah, it'll be heading to hiatus.

It's a good show but I feel like it's not THAT compelling. There's nothing that really makes someone go "Well I have to watch next week." It seems like each episode is self-contained with a slight sweeping plot (the disintegration of Dan's relationship with his wife and brother).

Its been proven Chuck's ratings go up a good point or so when Prison Break isn't on due to FOX showing baseball and with PB going back on hiatus after next month, that should save Chuck. Unfortunately, I think Journeyman's biggest problem is its 10pm time slot..I mean, why cant it air at 9 or even 8 (on another night?)

What a great show.

Too bad this is happening

It's blowing everything else out of the water and now this shit. Fuck all the old idiots who think it's too similar to ONE show that happened 15 years ago, yet they'll lap up any new CSI or L&O spin-off... or reality TV. Pitiful, because it's not even anything like Quantum Leap.

I thought they would at least keep it around and air all the episodes they've filmed, although I guess they can save them and burn them off in a few months if the writers strike keeps going.

It's about the only new show I've kept watching (although I have started watching Chuck in the past few weeks), so I hope it stays. And it's got Chappelle from 24 being a douche, how can you not love it?

Hell yeah, that episode was bangin.

Stellar performances from the entire cast. This would be the episode I would show to people who needed to be won over on the show.

I missed the dialogue in the end when Dan and Jack were talking outside after they had taken Bennett out of the house. Could anyone tell me what was said?

I can't remember word for word but Jack pretty much believes Dan now. "So, is it always like this" is how it ended off.

I understand why they did it, but they kind of blew their wad early the Dan/Jack stuff. That was the best dynamic on the show and now it's gone. Of course, the show may be gone, too.

I understand why they did it, but they kind of blew their wad early the Dan/Jack stuff. That was the best dynamic on the show and now it's gone. Of course, the show may be gone, too.

True, but you can easily get that dynamic back by having Dan screw up something in the past again and thus changing the present.