TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

What is your favourite web browser

Your favourite web browser  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Web Browser?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Opera
    • Other(Please state)

I picked Opera. Firefox is good but I noticed it takes too much memory. Plus I like that everything is in one window ( I know Firefox has tabs but the download window is a seperate thing). I can't fathom why anyone uses Internet Explorer anymore?

I just use Firefox for StumbleUpon. But everything else I use Safari for. Firefox is too slow to load and I just don't like it.

Actually Mole you got me into Safari a little while ago, I do like it, but I still use Firefox, just for the extensions(noscript, flashgot etc), surprised there are no votes for IE so far, thought IE 7 was supposed to be a decent browser?

Guest Smues

IE.

90% because I'm a creature of habit and have always used it, and it works plenty well for my liking. Plus it's the only browser on all the various computers I use throughout the course of my day

10% because of how much everybody shits on it.

Man, ita a runaway victory for Firefox so far, wonder would the TSM user stats are like, in terms of web browsers used to access the forum

Firefox.

Would use Opera, which I just got and tried out, but it doesn't have the adblocker.

If Opera had Ad Blocker, it would be my 1st choice. It uses WAY less system resources than Firefox.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

I use Safari on the Mac. Firefox is much, much too slow on my PPC processor.

On Windows I use IE7, which is what I voted for. I like it a lot. I think it's fast, sleek, and non-intrusive.

(P.S. I always run as a standard-level account on Windows, which stops a lot of spyware/malware from installing right off the bat.)

Firefox, without a doubt. So much customization with Greasemonkey and Stylish. Also, love the add-ons, like the email notifiers (got two currently: one for gmail and one for yahoo). Everything neat, tidy, organized just how I like it.

Plus I like that everything is in one window ( I know Firefox has tabs but the download window is a seperate thing).

Ever heard of Download Statusbar?

IE. I haven't had any problems that would make me want to put in the extra work to switch to something else. I didn't even know Firefox had tabbed windows until I mentioned to someone that I loved the tabbed windows in the IE7 update.