TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season

Tonight is the season premier for Simpsons (rumours say Plopper appears, Stephen Colbert also provides a voice), King of the Hill (12th season!), and Family Guy (1 hour Star Wars special). I assume American Dad joins the fun next week, then we probably go all of October without a thing due to baseball play-offs.

We didn't have a thread for this last year and there were a few times I wanted to comment on Family Guy. Glad this is here.

Hmmm, the animation style seems upgraded- trying to match up to the film's look I thinks

I've been laughing at King of the Hill more than I did during that Simpsons episode.

It wasn't a horrible Simpsons episode, but instead it just wasn't what I was expecting for the first episode of this season.

The credit crawl alone was funnier than the last hour

King of the Hill was pretty good. Simpsons was ok but I expect better when Colbert is involved in something.

Family Guy... I liked it, and really liked it at the beginning, but by 9:35 or so it began to drag (maybe this was about the time the writer's decided Herbert singing a song is funny ala his other not very funny song in a previous episode). Picked up again at the end though. Loved the Girswald family cameo. I thought the funniest thing was the Dr. Who in Hyperspace joke, or maybe the Robot Chicken conversation at the end.

I liked tonight's Simpson's. The opening was great, as was Colbert.

KOTH was so-so.

Family Guy (haven't watched it in a while) was hit and miss. I really wish they'd stop letting some jokes drag on too long. It's really annoying.

I didn't get that TIE fighter joke but apparently the pilot was some guy named Danny Tai (making an assumption based on the credits).

The episode also made me realize how I now expect large explosions to have giant rings come out of them, but since they were going by the original release version, no giant explosion rings were found.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

How can you not get the TIE fighter joke. It was being flown by a THAI...

Well that's what I thought it was originally, but then I assumed that was some guy named Tai based on the credits. Now I don't know what to think.

I'm sure I'm just being retarded and deciding the obvious joke was really something else due to the amount of references Seth likes to cram in there for 3 people to get.

The episode also made me realize how I now expect large explosions to have giant rings come out of them, but since they were going by the original release version, no giant explosion rings were found.

oh yeah. I was expecting it too. And that upsets me, cause it makes me realize how cliche it all is.

Dr. Rumack making a appearance, Peter making megs only part in the story that of the garbage worm alien thing, making an mpeg, the Robot Chicken conversation, Cleveland pretty much the entire episode, the discussion over the flaw in the Death Star, the guys talking about wanting a railing, there is nothing wrong with this couch, (for some reason) "Pi-chiooo....got cha" all made me laugh really hard.

There were plenty of other things that really made me laugh, but Herbert took this ep down a notch.

I agree, its time he goes the way of the Vaudeville guys.

The Vaudville guys should still be around :(

Other good gags: "Asteroid" field, "Hell is probably where he is since Christian's don't look too fondly on the whole 'force' thing", and "A long time ago but somehow in the future", among others.

Guest EvilAngelus

Herbert (Obi-Wan): Mos Eisley spaceport, you will never find a more wretched harbor of scum and villainy.

Cleveland (R2-D2): My sister Regina-D2 lives here.

Quagmire (C-3PO): Is she single?

I spotted the coach from Home Movies and Roger from American Dad in the Cantina.

Bender was in there too. He was behind the Alien-looking thing who was lapping at his drink.

Evil Monkey's cameo (sitting at the table behind the bar) was appreciated. No accusatory pointing though.