TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 77: Hostile Territory

I know Vera had a broken hand, so why not mix it up and throw some leg kicks when you separate from Big Tim? Instead of fighting Sylvia's game.

I might just have to become Sylvia fan... I don't like him either, but he's getting so underrated by people who hate him and that seems to be 98% of MMA watchers.

Oh yeah, this shit was horrible... they're starting to have problems coming up with decent cards, nothing entertaining on the undercard.

"This shit was horrible" = This PPV was horrible?

If that's your thinking then you'd be best to not post in this folder anymore. Very solid show.

You were honestly satisfied with the fights last night?

Belcher vs. Starnes

Horrible fight.

Schafer vs. Bonnar

Just average.

Robinson vs. Gurgel

Gurgel is a pile of crap.

Sylvia vs. Vera

Silva vs. Franklin

Ok this was an amazing fight.

Silva vs. Franklin definitely doesn't turn the entire card into "solid" for me.

If that's your thinking then you'd be best to not post in this folder anymore. Very solid show.

Belcher vs. Starnes

Horrible fight.

Schafer vs. Bonnar

Just average.

Robinson vs. Gurgel

Sylvia vs. Vera

Silva vs. Franklin

Belcher vs Starnes was horrible?

Stop watching MMA. That was perfectly acceptable fighting. Bonnar vs Schafer wasn't amazing but nothing to get offended about. Robinson/Gurgel was good back and forth with Jorge tooling him in the first and Robinson coming back in the second and third to whoop that ass. Sylvia/Vera wasn't good, no questions there and the main event was fantastic and even the Jensen/Maia fight had some sick jiu-jitsu in it.

Honestly, if this wasn't a solid card to you then I'm not sure what to say other then you're expecting too much from MMA.

Belcher vs. Starnes

Horrible fight.

Schafer vs. Bonnar

Just average.

Robinson vs. Gurgel

Sylvia vs. Vera

Silva vs. Franklin

Belcher vs Starnes was horrible?

Stop watching MMA. That was perfectly acceptable fighting. Bonnar vs Schafer wasn't amazing but nothing to get offended about. Robinson/Gurgel was good back and forth with Jorge tooling him in the first and Robinson coming back in the second and third to whoop that ass. Sylvia/Vera wasn't good, no questions there and the main event was fantastic and even the Jensen/Maia fight had some sick jiu-jitsu in it.

Honestly, if this wasn't a solid card to you then I'm not sure what to say other then you're expecting too much from MMA.

I expect more than sloppy brawling (Belcher vs. Starnes, mostly Starnes), crappy fighters getting onto the main card (Gurgel, who basically forfeited the fight to Robinson), and standing LNP (Sylvia vs. Vera, yeah, I'm blaming both of them so it's not like I'm just hating on Sylvia although Vera also had a broken hand). Maia's fight was an undercard fight so it wasn't guaranteed but I liked it. This is just like back in 2005 when Griffin vs. Bonnar was called "FOTY" just because it was two morons brawling for three rounds. Take Silva vs. Franklin off of the card and you have an absolutely horrible ppv. I bet you're the kind of fan who watches something like Cote vs. Leben and goes "WOW what a slugfest!" That kind of shit is just boring and ugly to watch.

Emotion. Heart. First-ever UFC card on live television. Crazy crowd heat. Drew a whole slew of new fans to the UFC.

I mean, you're not a retard so I'm not sure why you're pretending that the things mentioned above didn't factor into this fight being as big as it is.

Emotion. Heart. First-ever UFC card on live television. Crazy crowd heat. Drew a whole slew of new fans to the UFC.

I mean, you're not a retard so I'm not sure why you're pretending that the things mentioned above didn't factor into this fight being as big as it is.

That makes it an important fight, not "FOTY." Take Uno vs. Hansen for example since it occured a month before Griffin vs. Bonnar 1. It was exciting and technical and definitely deserving of being mentioned as fight of the year. It seems like sloppy slugfests get nominated for FOTY all the time when they don't deserve shit. Hell Leben vs. Martin was another sloppy brawl and I actually hate both of them but it was still more exciting to me than Griffin vs. Bonnar 1 even though I don't hate them.

Dana White: There's a lot of middleweight prospects right now, but no one has really stood out from the pack as a challenger to Anderson. So I talk with our matchmaker Joe Silva about who we should put in line for a title shot - who would give Anderson a run for his money - and Joe says "What about BJ"? Now, I'm like, Penn? BJ Penn? You want BJ Penn, a 155 guy, to fight 30 pounds above his weight class against the most dominant champion in the sport? And he didn't have to answer me, cause if there's one person who is good enough, and who is crazy enough, to step in against Anderson Silva, it's BJ Penn. So we call up BJ and he's like "I was waiting for you to offer me that fight, let's do it".

This made me chuckle.

It's true though, we all know BJ would do it. We also know that no matter what, you couldn't count the guy out. He has a shot against ANYBODY.

Penn d. Fedor RNC Rd.1

Anderson Silva ($120,000) def. Rich Franklin ($45,000)

Tim Sylvia ($200,000) def. Brandon Vera ($100,000)

Alvin Robinson ($6,000) def. Jorge Gurgel ($7,000)

Stephan Bonnar ($44,000) def. Eric Schafer ($6,000)

Alan Belcher ($22,000) def. Kalib Starnes ($7,000)

Yushin Okami ($24,000) def. Jason MacDonald ($17,000)

Demian Maia ($10,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($4,000)

Josh Burkman ($20,000) def. Forrest Petz ($6,000)

Matt Grice ($6,000) def. Jason Black ($8,000)

So, if this is legitimate, the defending champ dominates a former champ in the main event and combined they got paid less than Tim Sylvia in a non-title co-main event? I'm hoping that's not counting some behind-the-scenes bonuses, otherwise that's some bullshit right there.