TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Andy Bernard stole this episode, but honestly the best part was Michael's very creepy "Kiss her, kiss her good" at the end.

I had no idea next week was the season finale already. Well - it's easy to see where things are going here unless its a swerve. It might be painful to watch when Pam drops the hammer on Jim.

It'll be interesting next week. Jim has already expressed interest in both New York and Philly, so he may try and go with her. Or this could be just further build to each characters desires to be out of Scranton.

My guess is Pam turns down Jim's proposal and leaves.

I took the scene about New York and Philly totally different. I saw that Pam wants to do more with her career, and she was ready to go into graphic design. However, she finds out that she is not familiar with the basic programs. When she hears that the schools to go to are in New York and Philly, she comes to the realization that her dream of doing something like that job is just not going to happen. She accepts the fact that she is stuck at Dunder Mifflin and has a sad look on her face as she walks off, defeated. I don't think she is leaving for New York or Philly, but she definitely turns down Jim's proposal.

^^ agreed, but I think it's more likely that she accepts Jim's proposal and they hold off on setting a date and spend next season with the office wondering if/when it will ever happen.

if they break up and the writers force any unnecessary heartbreak on me I will stop watching this show. can't two people on television just be fucking happy for once.

There's no rumblings about either leaving the show is there? I know they've gotten a few movie roles here and there and I just want to make sure nobody pulls a "well i'm a movie star now. see ya!"

But, why would she drop the hammer on Jim? She seems so happy with him! Fight it Tuna!

Aside from last night's episode, Pam hasn't thought too highly of Jim for a while now.

But, why would she drop the hammer on Jim? She seems so happy with him! Fight it Tuna!

Aside from last night's episode, Pam hasn't thought too highly of Jim for a while now.

you're making this up, or seeing it when it isn't actually there. Pam is just as in love with Jim now as she has ever been.

Jim's been kind of immature this season - see ready to ditch Pam at Michael's party, all the joke proposals. I could see Pam pulling the "don't you take anything seriously?" card. Plus, it's not bad enough that Pam sees herself "stuck" in a shitty job in Scranton, but I'm sure she sees Jim spinning his wheels at DM. Either/both of those issues could conceivably come up next week.

You're making this up, or seeing it when it isn't actually there. Pam is just as in love with Jim now as she has ever been.

No she's not, she's starting to realise that Jim is kind of a loser, or stuck in a rut. Remember the episode where they created their own lives in that computer game? Plus, as people have pointed out here, everytime Jim is left in charge, it ends badly. And then there was the Chairmodel episode.

Pam likes Jim, but not nearly as much as he likes her. I think she's getting tired of just being Pam the recepionist, and wants to do something with her life, while Jim is just sitting there goofing off doing Jim Halpert faces.

Of course, last nights episode did change some of this, but I've been feeling that way since the strike ended.

Jim's been kind of immature this season - see ready to ditch Pam at Michael's party, all the joke proposals. I could see Pam pulling the "don't you take anything seriously?" card. Plus, it's not bad enough that Pam sees herself "stuck" in a shitty job in Scranton, but I'm sure she sees Jim spinning his wheels at DM. Either/both of those issues could conceivably come up next week.

I agree with this but to me that was why she went and gave him the big kiss because he finally stopped being lazy and did something.

I took the end scene the same way Dandy did.

Another nice little moment was Michael telling the potential intern guy "I would never say this to her face, but I respect and value Pam as a person" (or something like that) with Oscar asking why he'd never admit that.

Pam is a great artist and a wonderful person I believe it was.

While that exchange was interesting, it was a bit too much Michael is a dick for me. There's Michael being Michael, but I thought he was a bit over the top last night. I'd love to see what an episode of The Office would be like without any Carell.

Pam is a great artist and a wonderful person I believe it was.

While that exchange was interesting, it was a bit too much Michael is a dick for me. There's Michael being Michael, but I thought he was a bit over the top last night. I'd love to see what an episode of The Office would be like without any Carell.

I don't know, I took it as he thinks his co-workers / subordinates want a funny guy who talks about how hot they are, not a straight laced "you're a wonderful employee / person / artist, keep it up" type boss, oblivious that they find him unfunny and would appreciate that sort of candor from him.

This season, i'm kinda hating Michael, to be honest. In previous seasons, he was more "Oh Jesus, did he say that?" with sprinkles of being a dick, but this season, he's just a self-centered asshole.

And Andy? The BEST character ever. The lotion in the gloves was classic.

Does anyone know if Amy Ryan is going to stay on as a member of the cast or if this is a very short term thing?

Does anyone know if Amy Ryan is going to stay on as a member of the cast or if this is a very short term thing?

Amy Ryan was in "Dan in Real Life," but when has she appeared on The Office?

From what I gathered in her new role (and whose job she is taking over), probably. Oh wait...

Michael hates

Toby.

Michael is lonely.

Michael loves women.

Michale loves

Toby's woman replacement, Amy Ryan!

Hopefully this doesn't suck.