TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

!!!

I have just witnessed the best birthday gift ever for a Philly native. From now on when Jimmy speaks you better listen up bitches! J-Roll is public enemy number one in the NYC (part of it anyway) from now on...

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Party on, Cubs fans.

Spray champagne, smoke a cigar, hug your best friend and get a T-shirt that says "National League Central Division Champions." Don't think about goats or curses. Celebrate.

Party hard, Phillies fans, for a relentless team that roared back from seven games back on Sept. 12 to overtake the Mets, who couldn't get out of their own way. Philadelphia went 13-3 in its final 16 games, while New York went 5-12.

Go on, Philadelphia. Spray champagne, smoke a cigar and buy a T-shirt that says "National League East Champions." Celebrate.

PLAGIARISM!

Now I get why they're convincing us to buy t-shirts, but why are they encouraging tobacco use?

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I never understood the point of buying a shirt now. What if they win a World Series and you wasted money on a shirt that merely indicates they won the division?

Hey. Don't think about spending wisely. Celebrate.

Can anyone really argue against Prince Fielder as NL MVP?

He's in the mix. Given the BBWAA propensity for rewarding HR and RBI, he'll end up winning. On my ballot, I have David Wright, Chipper Jones, Chase Utley, Hanley Ramirez and Matt Holliday rated above him, but not by much.

There is no clear cut choice. Prince is a slugging 1B, which is valuable, but totally one-dimensional. Other than the HRs, he doesn't offer much. The other candidates have better defensive value, on-base skills or baserunning than Prince.

What about Jimmy Rollins? Utley's injury hurt his chances. I think Rollins has eclipsed him as "Phillies player in the MVP race".

Nothing wrong with Jimmy Rollins. Utley's got him beat by a significant margin in OBP, and has a decent lead in BA and SLG. He also has the edge in VORP despite missing 30 games and playing lower on the defensive spectrum. That sort of gives him the edge in my mind.

OK, so now that the Phillies won the NL East, I'd like to revisit this. I get that Utlley has better "numbers", but Rollins is heart & soul of the Phillies, who chased down the Mets & took the East. You can't judge Rollins worth to the Phillies this year merely by crunching numbers. Utley is great & all, but I just can't see giving him the nod over Rollins, at least for this year.

Wow, looks like we might have one more game to decide who gets into the playoffs. That is just downright amazing. Colorado has busted open a 4-1 lead on the D-Backs

It'll be the first one game playoff of the decade and it'll be TBS' first ever non-Braves game.

And go Padres. The idea of a possible Rockies/D-Backs NLCS just seems wrong.

I never understood the point of buying a shirt now. What if they win a World Series and you wasted money on a shirt that merely indicates they won the division?

Hey. Don't think about spending wisely. Celebrate.

What is: The Yankees motto?

Guest Gym Class Fallout
It'll be the first one game playoff of the decade and it'll be TBS' first ever non-Braves game.

And go Padres. The idea of a possible Rockies/D-Backs NLCS just seems wrong.

Not wrong, just thoroughly uncompelling. Then again, because Cubs/Phillies would be awesome, Double Choke Theory dictates that we have to get Dbags/Rockies.

If you like to collect stuff like that sure, (and I am one of them) you buy all of the shirts. The division, league pennant AND the World Championship.

If you like to collect stuff like that sure, (and I am one of them) you buy all of the shirts. The division, league pennant AND the World Championship.

I have bills to pay, so that's out.

BTW, congrats Phillies and congrats to your 2007 NL MVP, Jimmie F'N Rollins. You did it, you have now replaced Chipper Jones as the most hated Met rival.

Nothing else needs to be said about this matter.

Well that and I truely want to see the Golden Jubliee celebration next year at Wrigley!