TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Guest Gym Class Fallout
The National League playoff teams have four world championships combined in their histories.

The American League teams have 35.

Al, that's a meaningless statistic.

Something that hasn't gotten a lot of attention. There are quite a few off days set in the divisional series. The schedule for the NL works out for two days, an off day, two more games, an off day and game five. That means no team plays three days in a row. In fact, the Red Sox/Angels will only play once on back-to-back days. This really gives teams with shorter pitching staffs an advantage. Any team that carries more than 10 pitchers is fooling themselves.

The National League playoff teams have four world championships combined in their histories.

The American League teams have 35.

Well, when one of those teams is the fucking Yankees, that skews the count just a bit

CELLLLLL EBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVP JIMMY ROLLINS!!!!!!!!!

THE TEAM TO BEAT!

Oh man, I hope Peavy gets worked over tomorrow. Rather play the Padres than Rockies, honestly, with a tired Peavy out til Game 3.

"shorter pitching staffs"

Let's go with a 2-man rotation in Philadelphia...if only Cole and Kyle could alternate throwing arms every game!

Sorry don't mean to come off as an annoying Damaramu but I'm just fucking excited for a post-season for the first time since I was a little kid. With a LOVEABLE team that will NOT die!!!!!

For the first time in 20 years, Tom Glavine hit a pitcher with a pitch. 2nd time in 20 years he hit a batter with the bases loaded. Unreal.

The tie-breaker should air on TBS as per their television contract.

Wonderfull.

Come on. How do you not know it's only one l? Seriously.

Anyway, I think the guy who sits next to me who is a huge Mets fan might end up punching me in the face tomorrow.

Guest Smues

A one game playoff, that's just awesome. I like both teams so I guess I'm rooting for Colorado to complete the amazing finish. And despite the fact I hate them congrats to the Phillies for their own miracle comeback. I'd rather it be them than the Mets anyway.

One other thing I took away from today is how Geoff Geary is hitting wayyyy out of his league when it comes to his woman. Hopefully someone from a couple other places I go pulls a screencap.

I noticed that as well. Makes me wish I had the salary of a professional baseball player.

One other thing I took away from today is how Geoff Geary is hitting wayyyy out of his league when it comes to his woman. Hopefully someone from a couple other places I go pulls a screencap.

Anyone got a pic of her

Quick programming note for those of you with SNY. "Mets Playoff Preview" airs at 11pm tonight.

Are you enjoying this a little bit, Al?

Just a little.

I know it's making me laugh.

Quick programming note for those of you with SNY. "Mets Playoff Preview" airs at 11pm tonight.

So no Volleyball tonight then?

Al, not that I'm bitter -- okay, maybe I am a little -- but that thread does not make you look good here at all.