TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Spoilers of first two-hour Impact

Complete Details from TNA Impact taping for the episode that will air on 10/4:

*Rhino defeated Black Reign. Raven came to the ring during the match as Rhino was preparing for a gore. Raven pulled Reign down to save him from the gore. Rhino took out Raven and got the pin. Raven got involved after the pin and there were a series of run-ins involving Abyss, Jim Mitchell, Sting and Havok. No Judas Mesias. Sting was left in the ring when TNA champion Kurt Angle appeared on the screen from Sting's son's school and said that if he had a son, he wouldn't miss his football games like Sting is tonight and said he was going to stay there and watch the game, trying to get inside Sting's mind.

*Backstage, Team 3D attacked X-Division Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt as they were being interviewed by Jeremy Borash backstage. 3D dragged them into the ring and said they would keep attacking everyone on the roster until they got a title shot against Team Pacman. Shark Boy tried to make the save but was put on a table. The table collapsed. They hit a Dudley Death Drop through a table on Lethal.

*Gail Kim defeated Jackie Moore. Christy Hemme and Roxxi attack Kim.

*TNA Tag Team champions Team Pacman defeated Team 3D by DQ when VKM attacked Ron Killings. The Steiners come out and 3D leave.

*Eric Young wins a Gauntlet, defeating James Storm.

*Samoa Joe & Junior Fatu & LAX defeated Christian Cage & AJ Styles & Senshi & Christopher Daniels (with Elix Skipper) when Joe pinned Senshi with a muscle buster in eleven minutes in a good match.

No other backstage vignettes aired.

Xplosion:

*Eric Young defeated Jimmy Rave.

*Jay Lethal pinned Havok.

*Backstage, Team 3D attacked X-Division Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt as they were being interviewed by Jeremy Borash backstage. 3D dragged them into the ring and said they would keep attacking everyone on the roster until they got a title shot against Team Pacman. Shark Boy tried to make the save but was put on a table. The table collapsed. They hit a Dudley Death Drop through a table on Lethal.

Man, they sure did capitalize on Lethal's upset win over Angle, didn't they?

The main event could be good if it gets time....

This is TNA, remember?

What's to say, other than it's the usual TNA. At this stage, you know what you're going to get. TNA aren't going to change, even though they need to.

We should have a Spot the Logic Hole contest for Impact.

The main event could be good if it gets time....

This is TNA, remember?

What's to say, other than it's the usual TNA. At this stage, you know what you're going to get. TNA aren't going to change, even though they need to.

We should have a Spot the Logic Hole contest for Impact.

thats a good idea, I got a better one for every logic hole in TNA you take a shot of whiskey

Roxxi and Hemme teaming up makes no sense. What the fuck?

It doesn't say they team up on Kim, just that they attack her. It is just setting up a storyline for BFG. All the Women are gunning for Gail Kim, as she looks to be the top babyface female.

This really doesn't seem like the sort of show someone should book for their first 2 hour edition. In theory they should be expecting some new viewers, but would you really want the first thing a new viewer sees to be Dustin Rhodes in a ridiculous new gimmick kissing his pet rat?

Angle should be wrestling on this show at least.

This really doesn't seem like the sort of show someone should book for their first 2 hour edition. In theory they should be expecting some new viewers, but would you really want the first thing a new viewer sees to be Dustin Rhodes in a ridiculous new gimmick kissing his pet rat?

Angle should be wrestling on this show at least.

Nah, he was to busy watching Sting's son's football to be wrestling.

If I counted correctly, the first segment TNA will air on a regular two-hour television show will contain five run-ins and a nonsensical video vignette. This will be followed by an interview also containing a run-in.

Good lord, how could someone sit through two hours of that?

The show doesnt sound really awful to me, but underwhelming and far from the "bang" that the first two hour show should be? Hell fucking yes.

Thats my sentiments exactly, it doesn't sound wholey horrible, but granted it doesn't sound great.

To be fair, I'm sure that if TNA went all-out for this show then there would be people saying that, "TNA is trying to book a four hour impact in a two hour format" and that they're doing too much.

Also, the spoilers on the WO site says that the main event went 15 minutes not 8.

What I mean is the first two hour show should be some slam bang show with great action and all the titles defended. Kind of a mini PPV, but not to the point where they give a heap of stuff away. Angle defending against someone, Lethal against some X guy, but I dunno what you do with Team Pacman.

more detailed spoilers from wrestling observer

-Rhino d. Black Reign after Raven interference backfires. Abyss makes the save for Rhino from the 2on1, Mitchell and Havok hit the ring and take control until Sting runs in and makes another save. Ridiculous, but it was a good match before everyone ran in.

-Angle interrupts Sting celebrating on the big screen. He is in California at Sting's son's high school football field. I guess they do more of this during the show, but that was all that was shown to the live crowd.

-3D beats up Black Machismo and Sonjay Dutt backstage during a promo. They drag them to the ring. Shark Boy runs in to get killed too. 3D brings out a table that will obviously collapse as soon as weight is put on it, which it does when they lay Shark Boy across it. They bring out another table and 3D Lethal. They get on the mics and demand a title shot.

-Gail Kim d. Jackie Moore w/ James Storm. The voodoo valet and VKM come down to the ring, as does Hemme w/ Rave and Hoyt. All the women jump Gail after the match, who escapes. The other three start brawling until they're all broken up by their teams.

-Team Pacman d. Team 3D by DQ when VKM ran in. Pacman chased them off with a chair leaving 3D to beat up Killings until the Steiners made the save. Pacman didn't do any wrestling but did spend some time in the ring.

-Eric Young won a ten man Gauntlet that turned into a match by pinning James Storm. Wrestlers entered every 60 seconds. Other entrants were: Bobby Roode, Kazarian, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Lance Hoyt, Jimmy Rave, Petey Williams and Shark Boy. More Traci/Roode/Kazarian stuff. Pretty much a smaller version of the last PPV Gauntlet.

-TV Main Event: Samoa Joe, Junior Fatu & LAX d. XXX (Daniels & Senshi), Christian Cage, and AJ Styles. Match went about 15 minutes and was awesome. Crazy match. Hernandez did a suicide dive over the top rope onto AJ. Joe pinned Senshi clean with the Muscle Buster. First match with no run-ins.

Xplosion matches:

-Eric Young d. Jimmy Rave w/ Lance Hoyt. Nothing match. Fans left in droves when Rave came out.

-Black Machismo d. Havok. Good quick match. Devine missed the Frogsault and Lethal came off the top with the elbow for the win.

Quick thoughts: Every actual match on the Spike taping sans the main had run-ins, and funny enough, the main was by and far the best match of the taping. Hopefully it comes across good on TV even with the commercial break it's bound to have during it. It will be interesting to see how much backstage/Angle stuff there is, because it seemed like there was a lot of wrestling. It's kind of funny that the first wrestler seen on the first two hour show is going to be Black Reign, but that's TNA for you.

I think TNA finally gave up with keeping them heel. I think they're 'tweening now. Since the Duds went heel, I think LAX had to at least go 'Tweener, since they're in an ongoing semi-feud/squash tour with the Duds.

Did LAX turn face? When did this happen?

I think the main positive, and possibly the only one, is that TNA seems to have resisted the urge to cram four hours of stuff into their debut two hour show, which was a real possibility. Otherwise, it's the usual TNA, with a reliance on overbooking, run-ins and vignette's, which doesn't really make them stand out from WWE, and that's the main thing they needed with their two-hour debut. I think it's definitely a mistake that the first match people will see on a two-hour Impact will feature a bunch of run-ins and overbooking, when the better move would have been to feature a strong match featuring the X-Division Champion and hyping up that this is the type of action you can't see on other wrestling shows. I guess it was more important to make Jay Lethal look like a total goober and make his big win over Kurt Angle mean even less than it already did. Speaking of Angle, he really should have appeared live for this one, even if it were just to cut a promo. At the very least, they should have done something to emphasize their world champion and make him look like he was the best in the world.

You guys are acting like they are moving to some new channel or something and a lot of new viewers will tune in. I am sure they will get the same 1-1.2 they get every week. Why showcase the X-Division or Kurt Angle? Those people already know what X-Division is and watch Angle every week.