TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

WWE 24/7 October Discussion

I'm not surprised that WWE cut out that footage since Buffer owns the TM on his spiel, and in and of itself it's not much, but it just seems to fit in with WWE's "let's change things to save money instead of presenting an accurate depiction of history" mentality.

If Michael Buffer allows them to have his footage gratis in order to present accurate history, that's great. If you want to charge money, then WWE has no obligation.

Hardcore Heaven 1997 is freaking horrendous. And yeah, I reviewed it, so I'll get out my one and only shameless blog plug, cause it's in the sig...

Extremely disappointed to see how bad it was. The most uninteresting of carwrecks.

I was really let down with RVD vs Snow. My favourite match (which wasn't really much of a match) was Bigelow vs. Spike, but I have a soft spot for the Dreamer/Lawler match due to the Jake Roberts spot.

Guest krash9924

I really don't know why but the Snitsky Clips in the shorties section are pretty entertaining. The Sting-Vampiro match was bad but the annoucing made it seem alot worse. I rewatched the match with the sound muted and the match doesn't seem nearly as bad. (Why were they so shocked to see some get burned again? Wasn't that the point of the match?) The theme for the month is pretty good because the shorties section so far has been pretty fun. The Butcher-Brody Cage was fun till Fritz became Superman and ruined it. The Army of Darkness is always entertaining.

Guest bp2007

Didn't see this anywhere else but .com added October's first half of 24/7 Online. Similar theme to 24/7 on TV. They are calling it "Costume Brawl" so lots of matches with Rey, Undertaker, Kane, etc... Here's what they got:

Raw: Episode 3

January 25, 1993 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

Get ready because this episode of Raw features a double main event! Less than 24 hours after being the final man eliminated in the Royal Rumble, Randy Savage challenges The Repo Man. Then later, Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair square off in a "Loser Leaves WWE" Match. Check out what many fans consider the best Raw from 1993!

MSG: Undertaker vs. Jimmy Snuka

January 21, 1991 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

There have been countless historical WWE moments inside the confines of Madison Square Garden. None will go down as eerie as when Undertaker made his MSG debut against "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. Find out if The Deadman could secure his very first victory in NYC.

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: Great American Bash, Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk

July 23, 1989 | Approx. run time: 24 mins.

This month on J.R.'s pick, we're going to the vault to find a World Championship Match between Ric Flair and Terry Funk. Find out why J.R. compares Flair and Funk to a twin bill concert of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. After the match, watch another interview with J.R. discussing why his broadcasting partner Bob Caudle might be one of the most underrated announcers ever.

History of the Intercontinental Title: Part V

October 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 60 mins.

The Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat match at WrestleMania III is considered one of the greatest WrestleMania matches ever. This month, we don't feature one match between them, you get three! This includes a rediscovered gem from one of their earliest meetings for the Intercontinental Championship in Canada!

My Favorite Match: Chavo Guerrero - SmackDown, Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

October 20, 2006 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

It should come as no surprise that Chavo Guerrero find his first "I Quit" Match with Rey Mysterio his favorite match ever. Check out this new monthly 24/7 Online Series where WWE Superstars discuss their favorite matches. Want more? Then don't miss next month when Paul London stops by to discuss his favorite match.

Wrestling Challenge: The Conquistadors vs. British Bulldogs

November 18, 1987 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

Just who are The Conquistadors? Little is known about these masked superstars except for one thing: They are ready for all challengers in WWE. So how did these two golden Superstars fare against The British Bulldogs? Watch to find out!

o Mercy: Kane vs. Triple H

October 20, 2002 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

In a truly historic match, World Heavyweight Champion Triple H battled Intercontinental Champion Kane at No Mercy 2002 to unify the two championships. In the end, there was only one true champion. Watch to find out which man walked out with all the gold.

No Mercy: King Booker vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Batista vs. Finlay

October 8, 2006 | Approx. run time: 28 mins.

The odds of a champion retaining in a four-way match is only 25 percent. Would King Booker be able to come out on top against three worthy contenders despite the odds being stacked against him? Find out as we look back at the 2006 Main Event of No Mercy.

No Mercy: JBL vs. Undertaker

October 3, 2004 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

This Last Ride Match was extremely physical and hard-hitting, but what happened after the match was even more brutal. Either Undertaker or JBL will be locked in a hearse; you won't want to miss this match to find out who!

Halloween Havoc: Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko

October 27, 1996 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.

At age 21, Rey Mysterio was one of the youngest champions ever holding the Cruiserweight Championship. Dean Malenko, equipped with more than 1000 holds was ready for the rookie. Would Rey be fast enough to retain the championship, or did Dean Malenko catch Mysterio in one of his devastating holds?

Thanks bp. I was going to post that but the browser settings at work are awful and due to proxy and network admin priverlage issues there is nothing I can do about it. I suppose I could have just done a direct C&P but I like being fancy.

On that note, since I don't have the correct flash settings to view it until I get home, what's on tap for the second hald of the month?

Also, good call whoever pinned this (I'll just assume Al).

Halloween Havoc 1989 has won the October Pick Your Big Ones, and November's theme is called THANKSGIVING FEAST which will include Survivor Series 1990 and 1995 and the Pick Your Big Ones you can vote on are Survivor Series 1987 (Very First one) and 1994 and in an odd choice Starrcade 1987

Woah woah... 90 AND 95?! THANK YOU, 24/7 programming people. I have neither of those and love them both (1990 is more of a nostalgic love of old school Survivor Series). I recorded 1987 last year and 1993 in July, so now 90 and 95 will join Survivor Series events I actually have a copy of. I wish Cogeco would show the PYBOs but that's another issue (maybe I'd be able to get the 94 Series if they did).

Woah woah... 90 AND 95?! THANK YOU, 24/7 programming people. I have neither of those and love them both (1990 is more of a nostalgic love of old school Survivor Series). I recorded 1987 last year and 1993 in July, so now 90 and 95 will join Survivor Series events I actually have a copy of. I wish Cogeco would show the PYBOs but that's another issue (maybe I'd be able to get the 94 Series if they did).

90 is very historic due to the debut of The Undertaker. It also features the one and only time, if I remember correctly, where the survivors in each match met in an elimination main event. It was Warrior, Hogan, and Tito vs. a whole lot of heels.

Ooooh, 24/7 Online gets the Chamber of Horrors in a glorious 750k stream October 15th along with Wrestling Hotbeds: Mexico, Rock vs Hurricane, and other stuff. This episode of History of the IC title sounds really good, too.

I'm watching Raw #3 right now... it seems bizarre that it starts with a notice about it being pre-recorded. Why would Vince admit that? Almost all wrestling was pre-recorded, it seems a bit weird to just up and say it.

Guest bp2007
Ooooh, 24/7 Online gets the Chamber of Horrors in a glorious 750k stream October 15th along with Wrestling Hotbeds: Mexico, Rock vs Hurricane, and other stuff. This episode of History of the IC title sounds really good, too.

I'm watching Raw #3 right now... it seems bizarre that it starts with a notice about it being pre-recorded. Why would Vince admit that? Almost all wrestling was pre-recorded, it seems a bit weird to just up and say it.

The History of the IC Title was really really good. Probably the best thing WWE.COM has offered. I'm even starting to like that host Jack a little bit. I've only seen the Steamboat/Savage match from WM3. I think their match from Superstars and in Canada was really really good too. They are probably one of the few wrestlers who can have multiple matches and it never gets old.

I also checked out the My Favorite Match since I don't catch Smackdown often. It was a nice touch having an interview with Chavo Guerrero before the match. Hopefully Paul London picks next month one of his matches against Jimmy Wang Yang (whoever he was back in the day) from Velocity. Those were some of the MOTY in my opinion. He'll probably pick his match with Kendrick winning the tag titles which was pretty good too.

Oh and by the way, they say that introducing is the first casket match but didn't Undertaker wrestle Ultimate Warrior in casket matches earlier?

I know tons of questions but since I don't get VOD at my house this is my only outlet to old WWE shows!

Warrior and Taker did bodybag matches. Pretty much the same concept but technically not a casket match.

I wish Taker would bring back the bodybag part of his gimmick.

Didn't PG13 replace the Gangstas who no showed for Hardcore heaven 97? Either way, it's a horrible show but I marked first time I saw the Dreamer/Lawler match.

Has anyone brought up the fact that 24/7 has almost exhausted the entire run of Tuesday Night Titans? I'm not sure exactly how long it ran, but they're coming pretty close to the end probably by the end of this year. Hopefully they finally start airing 90's era Superstars or All American Wrestling in it's place.

random question with next month's theme, didnt they already have Piper in the Hall Of Fame a few months ago

watchin the MNW episode (3/24) after Malenko's match he dropped Benoit's name several times, thought I would pass that along

In 1997, I think I thought HBK called Bret a "marked man", but I had also just learned the term "mark" so I was questioning what he said. That is a bizarre promo, though. It is a good promo from Bret but it is a bit long and could have been cut down, though "I think it was a gay magazine" is still funny, but HBK's part is just plain weird. Who is he of all people to make a "shoot" comment about Bret refusing to job titles? I don't ever recall that being a problem with Bret around this time.

Didn't he make it clear he'd drop the title to anyone but HBK at some point prior to Montreal?

If I remember correctly, as we got closer to Montreal... Bret said he would have dropped the belt to Shawn... just not in Canada. Still, I remember others saying that was a bogus excuse because of how many American born champions have had to drop the belt in their "home" country.

Yes, last episode was the Unofficial Heel-turn Post Cage Match rant, now the post Mania offical "American fans are disrespectful" heel turn speech. I fell alseep after that promo (too many work hours this week!) and woke up to a Steiners / Amazing French Canadians match.

Eh I didn't mind HH 97. The production and lighting are bleh of course but at least the first half was a pretty fun show if you're into old ECW. Bear in mind with RVD that he wasn't quite The Whole F'N Show in 1997. But really though, I can't hate that PPV. It had RVD and Sabu beating the shit out of ICP, which was hilarious.

And yay, I am glad to get Survivor Series 1990 and 95 since I don't have either. I haven't seen the 1990 show in 15 years.