TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

WWE 24/7 October Discussion

Im glad for SurSeries 90 for personal reasons, being it was the first PPV i saw, hell the first wrestling show i really watched and it turned me into a lifelong fan. I bought it used on CHV a few years back but my vcr ate the tape.

I was hoping for havoc 91 just for the chamber of horrors match honestly.

yknow RAW was defin way better than Nitro at this point, though it would take a nother year for the ratings to reflect that. They had a better sense of anything can happen (with the ecw invasion, semi-shoot promos, bret harts character change, and Stone Cold of course)

Yeah, Cactus pulls the switch. It's hard enough to watch because the camera work sucks, so I'm not going to watch it on youtube. The cage is a serious obstruction on the broadcast, I could only imagine how bad it is on a streaming video. The match itself is strange, with El Gigante in it and all. WCW 1991 as a whole is awful, IMO.

The show sucks, btw. I haven't seen the Chamber of Horrors match in a LONG time, so I voted for Havoc '91 to win. I'm ok with it not winning.

God that match blows.

Halloween Havoc 91 wasn't all terrible though. I quite enjoyed Eaton/Taylor and Austin/Rhodes. And the main event of Simmons/Luger was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Rude squash is also fun. Everything else is pretty bad. Pillman/Ricky Morton was a huge letdown.

I have that on tape from 2 years ago when it aired on 24/7, so that's why I voted for 89.

Guest bp2007
If someone can find the Chamber of Horrors match on youtube, that would be preferable. The rest of the show is quite forgettable.

I think 24/7 Online is offering it starting the 15th. $4 a month you can watch that debacle all you want :)

what the fuck was Vince thinking with this AAA stuff in the WWF in 97? His audience was NOT ready for this shit. Hell, WCW's audience was barely ready for lucha action of any kind. I mean, he doesn't even take the time to develop any storylines, help us get a history on lucha and the stars he using. It's like he was trying to copy WCW and was doing a half ass job with it.

God that match blows.

Halloween Havoc 91 wasn't all terrible though. I quite enjoyed Eaton/Taylor and Austin/Rhodes. And the main event of Simmons/Luger was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Rude squash is also fun. Everything else is pretty bad. Pillman/Ricky Morton was a huge letdown.

I have that on tape from 2 years ago when it aired on 24/7, so that's why I voted for 89.

Isn't the 91 show where they had the "Ref Cam", which basically saw the referees wear helmets with cameras on top of them?

what the fuck was Vince thinking with this AAA stuff in the WWF in 97? His audience was NOT ready for this shit. Hell, WCW's audience was barely ready for lucha action of any kind. I mean, he doesn't even take the time to develop any storylines, help us get a history on lucha and the stars he using. It's like he was trying to copy WCW and was doing a half ass job with it.

Yeah, it's awful. During the 6-man match this time, it was never established which luchador was which.

I'm gonna do the WCCW show from this batch next, then I'm going to go back and review the shorties and legends sections, sans Parts 1 and 2 of the Undertaker set. It's much harder work than I thought it would be, but I'll do it until I don't want to anymore. And that'll be a long time from now.

They blow so many spots in that 6 man lucha match, it's embarassing. It's hard to match up but man, if that was going head to head with La Parka vs Juvi (which was Nitro's MOTN), that's pretty funny.

Dean Malenko calling out Chris Benoit is pretty weird given the effort that's been taken to remove his name. First Tony accidentally isn't edited last episode, now we have a promo about him. Maybe he's coming back.

well let's face it, deleting him from history is really stupid and will eventually catch up to the WWE sooner or later.

Oddly, the Wal-Marts out here never took the PPVs from earlier this year off the shelves. Odder still, in the toy section, there is a minuature playset with figures and a ring, Chris Benoit's name has been blacked out (I guess he's a part of the set) and the figure has been replaced with an extra HHH. Now how bout THAT shit? You just can't get enough HHH!

Deleting him from history wasn't stupid because they had to do it. I don't think they intended to do it forever, just until the whole story died down to where they don't have to edit it. They don't want fans who stopped watching to come back and hear his name and then stop watching again. It's a matter of time healing all wounds.

I was just checking out the Sept-Oct 24/7 Online vids after not having a connection for over a month. During the Brawler/Riggins match from SuperStars, the 'SuperStars of Wrestling' banner is blurred. Does anyone know why? Obviously, they weren't using the Attitude logo in 1989 but it does seem odd that it would be distorted.

Yeah, this has been brought up before because the banner is blurred on Primetime Wrestling on 24/7. It's because "Superstars of Wrestling" is trademarked by someone else. That's why it became "WWF Superstars" later.

Guest krash9924

Anyone know if 911 ever got a look from either of the big two. He seems to have the size that usually gets Vince drooling. Maybe he got a look and something happen? Anyone know anything? The Raven-Dreamer Feud was hot as anything else in wrestling around this time.

Big Al in WCW. He was a job boy. I believe the reason for him being a jobber is that WCW really believed at that time (1996) that a very large majority of ECW's roster couldn't work non-hardcore matches. And they are probably right, in that sense. You take away a lot of things that made ECW and make it vanilla like WCW was, what is ECW then? Crap. That's why Sabu never got his fair shot.

Sabu never managed to really stick around a minor promotion either though. WCW gave him a run but it was so abbreviated that I couldn't even blame politics.

911 just couldn't wrestle. All the years I watched ECW I only saw him in one real match (911/Rey Misterio vs. the Eliminators)

The Samoans vs. Murdoch/Adonis match is well worth watching. Murdoch/Adonis are such a tremendous, forgotten tag team.

Guest flairfan

I just got through watching WCW TBS 12-21-1985. It was a very good show. Nice buildup for next weeks HUGE Show .. 12-28-1985.(This show is generally considered the best of all the 1985 shows). Flair Vs Garvin, and Magnum TA Vs Ole Anderson.. I cant wait!!

I just got through watching WCW TBS 12-21-1985. It was a very good show. Nice buildup for next weeks HUGE Show .. 12-28-1985.(This show is generally considered the best of all the 1985 shows). Flair Vs Garvin, and Magnum TA Vs Ole Anderson.. I cant wait!!

It's all coming together nicely...

Landell is gone by this point... freeing J.J. Dillon to go with Tully Blanchard after he drops Baby Doll, which is the final piece of the puzzle.

If my calculations are correct, we should get the official formation of the Horsemen in either November or December as it took place in January 1986.

Guest flairfan

Landell is gone by this point... freeing J.J. Dillon to go with Tully Blanchard after he drops Baby Doll, which is the final piece of the puzzle.

If my calculations are correct, we should get the official formation of the Horsemen in either November or December as it took place in January 1986.

It would sure be nice if 24/7 started showing World Wide Wrestling..! Now that was a HOT show. The crowd was always into the matches bigtime!!

It would sure be nice if 24/7 started showing World Wide Wrestling..! Now that was a HOT show. The crowd was always into the matches bigtime!!

I just wish the WWE would give Bill Watts' ex-wife whatever see wants in order to secure the Mid-South library. I'd love to see those shows.

The Shorties section this time is (to be exact, since there isn't a listing that says exactly what, and since I get the updates early, I'll share)

Terry Funk vs. Dusty Rhodes from Florida in '79

Holy crap....Buzz Sawyer, Great Muta and Dragon Master vs. Ric Flair and the Andersons from WCW in 1990, cage match. That's like hitting gold, I've really been wanting to see that.

Killer Kowalski vs. Bruno Sammartino from the Garden on 4/29/74

Mad Dog Vachon vs. Joe Leduc, from AWA All Star Wrestling on 4/24/76

Missing Link and Bruiser Brody vs. Terry Gordy and The Great Kabuki, no date, but it's from World Class in 86.

Halloween Havoc 1991 had a fun main event with Luger/Simmons, 2/3 falls and the emotional quest of Simmons to become the first black World Champion over the pompous Luger.

Harley Race's "A negro like you used to carry my bags!" made it the reverse Apollo/Balboa. Sick match.

So I ordered WWE 24/7 for the first time today! Love it!

1 question, I don't see GAB 2007? Where is it?

Shit, gotta finish this Lanny Poffo/Mike Sharpe showdown before October 10th hits!

Also, what shows (PPVs?) generally have the "Pop-Up Video" facts? How frequent are they during matches?

What's incredible is that simultaneously you have:

ORIGINAL HORSEMEN KILLING SPREE, HART FOUNDATION Vs. STONE COLD, nWo Vs. WCW, and RAVEN Vs. DREAMER

In my opinion, the greatest angles of NWA, WWF, WCW, and ECW, respectively. All shown at once. Incredible.

Boston (85 show) hits first two matches with "BORING" chants...

During Tonga/Goulet, they cut to teenager in the front row, who you can audibly hear/see yelling "Goulet, you faggot!"

Yo guys, for Survivor Series 95, look for:

UNDERTAKER CHOKESLAMS "SIR" MO. MO NO-SELLS IT (!!!) AND RUNS OUT OF THE RING FULL-SPEED.

ALUNDRA BLAYZE PINS FAT BERTHA FAYE. FAYE NO SELLS THE PIN AND RUNS OUT OF THE RING IMMEDIATELY. And out of WWE.

The sir Mo thing is incredible. Towards the end of Taker's SS Match, I believe.

And holy shit the "Underdog" opener is awesome. Chris Candido gets HIT WITH the Top-Rope Powerbomb. In WWE. Perfectly.

Survivor Series '95 is a great, rarely seen PPV.

Rene Goulet is the worst wrestler ever.