TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

WWE 24/7 October Discussion

ECW's shows just do not hold up.

total agreement...Buelah may be the worst Diva I've ever seen.

"I'M PREGNANT!"

fuck off

I'm sure I've seen worse. Since I was 14 when I saw these for the first time, it's hard to dislike Beulah. She did a nude spread for goodness sakes!

On that note, bonus points to the poster who can get me a page with those pictures. My friend's been dying to see them and searches have proved fruitless.

It's not so much Beulah, it's looking at that storyline post-Crash TV and realizing that things like that are what brought Crash TV to the forefront a few years later. People like Heyman as a booker, but when it comes to things like the pregnancy angle, I don't want trash like that on my television. It's embarassing to watch with other people, and I'm always watching the stuff on 24/7 with my brother, or someone else.

It gets trashier too, since we find out later that Beulah is faking it to cover up for her lesbian antics with Kimona.

I have to admit that when ECW first aired in my area (I'm thinking Aug. 1996 or so) I didn't really care for it all that much. I became quite the ECW fan though during the 1998-99 period, in fact I'd say in 1999 ECW had the strongest in ring product considering WWF was Crash TV nonsense and WCW was falling totally apart by midyear.

It's not so much Beulah, it's looking at that storyline post-Crash TV and realizing that things like that are what brought Crash TV to the forefront a few years later. People like Heyman as a booker, but when it comes to things like the pregnancy angle, I don't want trash like that on my television. It's embarassing to watch with other people, and I'm always watching the stuff on 24/7 with my brother, or someone else.

I'll go along with that. ECW was really quite overrated in retrospect. I enjoyed it in 1995 when they featured guys like Guerrero, Malenko etc. getting match time. 1996 it became unwatchable, especially as WWF/WCW got their shit together.

Sorry to not contribute, but I've been meaning to get to a buddy's to watch Bret's heel turn on the Monday Night Wars (something I've longed for since my tape of it was erased in April 97).

When will it be taken down?

Edit: I have to see Repo Man steal, then Monsoon and Heenan's reaction.

Sorry to not contribute, but I've been meaning to get to a buddy's to watch Bret's heel turn on the Monday Night Wars (something I've longed for since my tape of it was erased in April 97).

I think this week... maybe next. The next episode, which should air late this month, is when he brings Bulldog and Owen into the fold.

I think this week... maybe next. The next episode, which should air late this month, is when he brings Bulldog and Owen into the fold.

Seen it a million times on YouTube. Holds a sentimentality to it due to a moment in my personal life (don't ask). Thanks for answering, I'm probably going over there tomorrow, but just making sure the ducks were all in a row.

ECW's shows just do not hold up.

total agreement...Buelah may be the worst Diva I've ever seen.

"I'M PREGNANT!"

fuck off

I'm sure I've seen worse. Since I was 14 when I saw these for the first time, it's hard to dislike Beulah. She did a nude spread for goodness sakes!

On that note, bonus points to the poster who can get me a page with those pictures. My friend's been dying to see them and searches have proved fruitless.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020805232603/...ulah/index.html

Edit: Sorry Al, looks like not all the thumbnail links work. Maybe just a few.

I'll go along with that. ECW was really quite overrated in retrospect. I enjoyed it in 1995 when they featured guys like Guerrero, Malenko etc. getting match time. 1996 it became unwatchable, especially as WWF/WCW got their shit together.

There are two things that were good about ECW in-ring during 96.

1. Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera

2. Chris Jericho.

After that, quality was REALLY lacking. I have no problem with garbage matches and I oftentimes find them entertaining, but when that's all a promotion has, I only have use for half their show and that's it. The angles are too poor to relive and rewatch. I'm not going to watch a full hour of junk and be entertained throughout. Most of ECW was way too overbooked. I could hardly follow how many people made appearances during the tag match that opened the show they put up this week.

It was 10. Rey, 911, Fonz, Taz, Pitbull #1, #2, Kronus, Saturn, Jason, and Francine. Damage Control too, but I didn't count them. That's far too much.

I quite enjoyed the initial RVD/Sabu feuding in 1996. Those matches at least bring some wild athleticism into the brawling. I loved that sick fisherman's buster from the top rope, with RVD targeting Sabu's injured neck. Psychology in those matches??

Am I alone in thinking that ECW's late 90s (1998-99) product is much better?

Guest sandwich

What makes the Repo moment great is that, the person who's watch he steals is Howard Finkel's wife.

Man, you guys are in for a treat if you've never seen Halloween Havoc 1989.

The pop at the end of Freebirds/Dynamic Dudes from the anti-babyface Philly crowd is something out of the Austin '98 books. Seriously. Plus great stuff like Luger/Pillman, and the blowoff to the awesome Bash '89 ending with Flair & Sting Vs. Funk & Muta in an f'n electrified steel cage with a rope swing and Bruno Sammartino referring. Oh and the Steiner Brothers tearing shit up, with Woman's big PPV match debut alongside Doom. Plus, Road Warriors Vs. Skyscrapers which Jim Ross sells as the biggest tag match of all-time, pretty much.

A shame we won't hear "Welcome to the Jungle", "Her Strut", "Rocket", Funk's theme, and countless other "real" songs but what can ya do?

I've never seen the full, non-Turner version of this show. I'm psyched.

The pop at the end of Freebirds/Dynamic Dudes from the anti-babyface Philly crowd is something out of the Austin '98 books. Seriously. Plus great stuff like Luger/Pillman, and the blowoff to the awesome Bash '89 ending with Flair & Sting Vs. Funk & Muta in an f'n electrified steel cage with a rope swing and Bruno Sammartino referring. Oh and the Steiner Brothers tearing shit up, with Woman's big PPV match debut alongside Doom. Plus, Road Warriors Vs. Skyscrapers which Jim Ross sells as the biggest tag match of all-time, pretty much.

A shame we won't hear "Welcome to the Jungle", "Her Strut", "Rocket", Funk's theme, and countless other "real" songs but what can ya do?

Throw in "Freebird" as the entrance music for the Birds.... I think that added to the pop they got in Philly. Man, that crowd HATED HATED HATED Douglas and Ace.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries
BTW on the subject of the raw opening video, I think the reaosn you saw austins bleeding face from wm 13 in the shows prior to the ppv- Raw started using that theme after a few weeks of beautiful people, infact IIRC the show the night after wm 13 used that new theme, so they probably just showed the opening video from after wm so they wouldnt have to dub in the thme over it.

anyhow im going to go watch the post wm 13 raw right now since I just watched wm 13 (original ppv I taped live and now I transfered it to dvd)

Beautiful People? That was SmackDown!'s theme in 2002!

BTW on the subject of the raw opening video, I think the reaosn you saw austins bleeding face from wm 13 in the shows prior to the ppv- Raw started using that theme after a few weeks of beautiful people, infact IIRC the show the night after wm 13 used that new theme, so they probably just showed the opening video from after wm so they wouldnt have to dub in the thme over it.

anyhow im going to go watch the post wm 13 raw right now since I just watched wm 13 (original ppv I taped live and now I transfered it to dvd)

And also Raw's theme for a little bit in 1997!

Throw in "Freebird" as the entrance music for the Birds.... I think that added to the pop they got in Philly. Man, that crowd HATED HATED HATED Douglas and Ace.

And the SST using the theme song from Halloween as their entrance music. That was freaking badass.

I'd be glad to watch Havoc 89 if they would put it up soon. I'm assuming it will be there on Wed.'s update? The amusing thing about that Philly crowd is that I think they went back there for Havoc 1992 and the crowd treated Zenk/Douglas/Gunn like crap and cheered on the Anderson/Eaton/Hayes team.

Heh?

And the SST using the theme song from Halloween as their entrance music. That was freaking badass.

Agreed...

Another great theme is Muta's. Muta's NWA theme is one of my all time favorites, and easily one of the most badass themes for a character ever done.

Heh?

yes, for the first few months when Raw debuted the new intro and set design.

Basically, Raw started to get good once it became "Raw is War" in February and used the Manson song.

LOL @

"C'mon, Vince! I thought I was gonna get SOME TIME! When do I get SOME TIME? Can I have SOME TIME?"

"Stop whining, Bret!"

"SHUT UP, LAWLER."

Ken Shamrock cuts the worst interview ever. "Yes I was the special referee and Austin was unconscious so I needed to get in there. You see when I was reffing, Austin was, uh, uh he was out cold so that's why I stepped in. When I saw that he was unconscious I stepped in because I was the guest referee. Uh. Uh."

Owen: "You're so selfish, Bulldog!"

Savio Vs. Ahmed on Post-Mania Raw does NOT suck.

Honky Tonk: "The Brooklyn Brawler told me earlier he wanted me to take a close look at him."

Honky Tonk: "Move, Lombardi!"

Sid: "Get in here, you chicken shit!"

Ahmed does the Rock Bottom, the signal for the People's Elbow, and the Rock spinebuster in consecutive order...

Bret: "I think it was really a gay magazine."

Ahmed: "IMAKEADEALWITYOUSEGUYZ."

On Primetime, it's worth pointing out that Paul Roma takes a CRAZY bump over the top, straight onto the concrete, landing on his face. Doesn't even touch the ropes. He also looks SERIOUSLY juiced in the match too.

Heh?

yes, for the first few months when Raw debuted the new intro and set design.

Well, there's some trivia for ya!