TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

Sooo.. I guess HE didn't return tonight? or at least haven't returned yet?

Nope...

There was a moment in the video that said X29, which most likely means 10/29... the night after Cyber Sunday when both Jericho and the WWE will be in Philadelphia.

It's almost gotta be a given that he will show up next Monday (given the 29 date in the latest vignette) or they could pull a fast one and have him show up at the ppv. It's starting to reach the point of enough already though, I really want to see this happen.

Found this on youtube. It is a video on of the promos run in slow motion.

Revelations 2:25 "Just hold on to what you have until I come."

Revelations 22:12 "I'm coming soon! I will bring my reward with me to pay all people based on what they have done"

How effective do people think this campaign has been? The most discussion that the ads garnered ocurred around the 1st one (I personally never could see the reference to "WWE the Music Vol 4"...where in the ad did it occur?), and people came up with lots of possible clue explananations.

But it seems as if ever since Cena got injured, the discussion of clues has tapered significantly. Do you think that they had to alter the plans to account for Cena's injury (and therefore let a new storyline play out some)? It's almost as if they put all their eggs into the basket of the 1st ad, and then Cena got injured, and oops, they don't have as much for the new ads that they have to come up with.

Also, do you think the form of the ads themselves are effective? Yes, they got people talking, but will the casual fan go and disect the ad on-line and read possible theories? Given the strong "Y2J" chants that have accompanied the ads, I think the percentage of net-savvy fans has been grossly underestimated, but is that who WWE is targeting?

Once the pay-off has occurred (and I'm still rooting for Jericho), I would love it if someone in WWE actually addressed the ads and explained the kinds of clues they were leaving.

And unless I missed it, I haven't seen any discussion of what the "229" (vs the old "222") is supposed to mean.

How effective do people think this campaign has been? The most discussion that the ads garnered ocurred around the 1st one (I personally never could see the reference to "WWE the Music Vol 4"...where in the ad did it occur?), and people came up with lots of possible clue explananations.

But it seems as if ever since Cena got injured, the discussion of clues has tapered significantly. Do you think that they had to alter the plans to account for Cena's injury (and therefore let a new storyline play out some)? It's almost as if they put all their eggs into the basket of the 1st ad, and then Cena got injured, and oops, they don't have as much for the new ads that they have to come up with.

Also, do you think the form of the ads themselves are effective? Yes, they got people talking, but will the casual fan go and disect the ad on-line and read possible theories? Given the strong "Y2J" chants that have accompanied the ads, I think the percentage of net-savvy fans has been grossly underestimated, but is that who WWE is targeting?

Once the pay-off has occurred (and I'm still rooting for Jericho), I would love it if someone in WWE actually addressed the ads and explained the kinds of clues they were leaving.

And unless I missed it, I haven't seen any discussion of what the "229" (vs the old "222") is supposed to mean.

229 probably refers to the 29th of October, which is the next Raw - takes place in Philadelphia, the same place as Jericho's book signing that day.

I think the ads are effective because they have a similar tone to the Y2J countdown teasers that initially introduced Jericho. I remember the ones they did for Tazz as well... pretty much everyone knew it was going to be him at the end, and he got a great reaction when he finally debuted against Angle.

Well.. Hopefully.. I remember His debtu and the momment he called himself Y2J. was a cue for Lawler to start that as a name.. later on summerslam it was the same..

Right now... at least down here in México.. when they show those promos.. the reaction from spanish announcers is.. ZERO.. in fact.. i think the dont even show the first ones.. i just saw the No mercy's promo and the next one.. both with zero comment about "what the heck is that?"

I just notead that change from 222 to 229.. and then 225 and back to 229....

Weird...

In the slo-mo video, there were a couple flashes of a face and a flash or two that looked like one of those hooded Christopher Daniels photos.

229 probably refers to the 29th of October, which is the next Raw - takes place in Philadelphia, the same place as Jericho's book signing that day.

X29 would've made more sense. Oh WWE...

With the talk regarding Stephanie being mad about the word of Jericho's return getting leaked, any chance they swerve everyone and reveal someone else as being behind the promos? Only problem is that I don't know of anyone else set to return that would make sense, unless they give a similar gimmick to a brand new call-up from OVW or something.

Only other thing I could think of is that it's not even a wrestler returning. Maybe they could have Shane come back to "save the WWE" from the insanity of his father. But, that's kind of "been there, done that."

I think its pretty much a lock it's Jericho.

As for the "X29" thing, that was on the video they aired on the ppv last night actually....

I think people are probably making a little too much out of the specific references in the video, but I agree that it's almost certainly Chris Jericho.

With the talk regarding Stephanie being mad about the word of Jericho's return getting leaked, any chance they swerve everyone and reveal someone else as being behind the promos? Only problem is that I don't know of anyone else set to return that would make sense, unless they give a similar gimmick to a brand new call-up from OVW or something.

Only other thing I could think of is that it's not even a wrestler returning. Maybe they could have Shane come back to "save the WWE" from the insanity of his father. But, that's kind of "been there, done that."

Everything in wrestling is "been there, done that," these days. :P

In the slowed down version there's text of "books, bookshelves"

i pointed that out a while ago. i even noticed it in the normal speed ones.

So count me out as thinking Jericho is save_us. I mean, I'm sure he's coming back eventually, but now probably due to Steph it'll be Funaki, D-Lo or Sid returning as save_us.

Pushing this back even further is making me no longer even care. Now it's launch 19...please, screw this. RAW is painful and I watched all the way through tonight for his return. This is "Snakes on a Plane" hype where you keep pushing back the release and all the hype just collapses.

There is no way in hell I'm missing another football game or hell even a George Lopez repeat to deal with the bs that was on the screen tonight.

Yeah, next week, it's Weeds and The Hills for me. Fuck this shit. If I really want to get a wrestling fix, I'll just watch Impact.

Found this on youtube. It is a video on of the promos run in slow motion.

Revelations 2:25 "Just hold on to what you have until I come."

Revelations 22:12 "I'm coming soon! I will bring my reward with me to pay all people based on what they have done"

So, I should be expecting some money for waiting for Jericho's return?

Raw is in Philadelphia. Jericho has a book signing Tuesday in Philadelphia.

Do the math.

Actually, he is going to be on Long Island on Tuesday. I'm going to try to make that signing.

Somebody would rather watch Impact than Raw? IMPACT?

What the hell, my friend.

Honestly, if your only watching for your boy Jercho, just don't watch.

I tried watching Impact for more than 3 weeks and it almost killed my interest in pro wrestling. WWE might be bad, but TNA is fucking horrible, and seems to be run by monkeys.

Jericho will be back eventually, I don't see anything wrong with a slow build, so long as the promos eventually have a pay off.