TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

The first step to righting the TNA ship: Get a new fucking announce crew.

Amen to that. No matter what is going on in the ring, those two idiots make it all completely unbearable. I can not fathom how anyone in tna management thinks for a second those two should be anywhere near the announce table. I literally can't stand watching tna because of them. They are that horrible.

Of course, the way tna is booked, I think the average IQ of those who run tna is about -50

The first step to righting the TNA ship: Get a new fucking announce crew.

Amen to that. No matter what is going on in the ring, those two idiots make it all completely unbearable. I can not fathom how anyone in tna management thinks for a second those two should be anywhere near the announce table. I literally can't stand watching tna because of them. They are that horrible.

Of course, the way tna is booked, I think the average IQ of those who run tna is about -50

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

The only noteworthy thing I remember Don West doing in TNA was his GO! RED! GO! moment from early TNA. I'll have to admit that had me marking the fuck out and getting behind Red.

Wait, why are we discussing the TNA announcers in the WWE folder?

The odd thing is that Mike Tenay used to be a good announcer back in WCW when he was more laid back and didn't constantly scream. In fact I think he's a major reason why the luchadores got over in the USA, since he could relate facts about the cruisers and put them over as a big deal (whereas witness the WWF's lame attempt at AAA cross promoting in 1997). He wasn't too bad in the early days of TNA either. I think it's mostly been in the Orlando studio shows where Tenay is way over the top.

I think it's mainly that someone on the production end in TNA insists on them calling the shows in that loud fashion.

Guest pennybomber

I have to agree with most of you. I was expecing jericho to return sunday or monday. He didnt return so i have just about given up on WWE. they dont seem to give a crap about what the fans want anymore

I'm a huge Angle mark so that's a big factor in me finding Impact watchable. I'll admit that the Cornette/Tenay/random hicks stuff keeps me from taking it seriously, but it's at least something diverting and I manage to stay entertained either because it's good (Angle segments, Tomko/Christian/Styles) or because it's so bad that it's funny.

WWE's just a bunch of boring filler. It's continually bad, but never quite dips into "so bad it's good" territory. During the whole two hour Raw, the only things I found remotely interesting were the HBK/Vince promo and Santino's promo where he did Stone Cold with the French accent. The whole rest of the show, you might as well have been watching commercials it was so pointless and boring.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of Impact or anything, but if I were going to watch one show a month for a couple hours, it would definitely get the nod over Raw right now.

Santino's promo where he did Stone Cold with the French accent.

Hmmm. Must have missed that. He always has an Italian accent on my TV set.

I know Vince hasn't technically advertised or promised Jericho's return, but what happened to his ethic of 'keeping his word when he promises/books a match'. This is the guy that paid out to Warrior and Jarrett because they were on a card, and here he is letting 'whoever' mess about with Jericho's possible return date again and again because we worked it out 'too quickly' or word was leaked.

I know Vince hasn't technically advertised or promised Jericho's return, but what happened to his ethic of 'keeping his word when he promises/books a match'. This is the guy that paid out to Warrior and Jarrett because they were on a card, and here he is letting 'whoever' mess about with Jericho's possible return date again and again because we worked it out 'too quickly' or word was leaked.

Who says anybody messed with Jericho's possible return date?

The angrier people get the funnier this is.

No kidding, I bet Vince and Jericho are laughing it up at the IC going crazy, and pulling their hair out of it's roots trying to figure out when he will return.

I doubt Jericho will return anytime until after his book tour.

WWE never promised shit about Jericho coming back, or the "save us" thing being revealed last night. People have to get a grip on reality around here. Yes, they're dragging it out, but it's not like this has reached "Blood Runs Cold" levels of length and absurdity.

WWE never promised shit about Jericho coming back, or the "save us" thing being revealed last night. People have to get a grip on reality around here. Yes, they're dragging it out, but it's not like this has reached "Blood Runs Cold" levels of length and absurdity.

Exactly. Whatever happened to a slow burn or letting something build up? It's been going on for what, a month? Everyone came up with their fucking dumbass interpretations of when he'd return based on shit in the video - "D00D IT SAYZ X29 THAT MEANS 10/29 ON RAW DURR". Don't blame the WWE because you people are morons.

Because people will get excited and find things more interesting IF YOU YELL A LOT AND CONSTANTLY!

Only if you don't know what's going on. Nobody wants to hear "TOPE DEL SUICIDO!" People eat up "What's this AWWWWHATTAMANOOVA!", "Where's he going, he's going up FROM THE TOPAWWWFUGEDDABOUTIT", and anything else that can be shouted by someone completely clueless to what a wrestling move is.

I think it's more a matter of "we know who it is, Vince, stop fucking with us and re-debut him already because we need SOMETHING better than the shit you're giving us now"

I think it's more a matter of "we know who it is, Vince, stop fucking with us and re-debut him already because we need SOMETHING better than the shit you're giving us now"

I'm inclined to agree with this. People are so unsatisfied with what's going on right now, that they're dying to see something with the potential to shake things up. The Jericho think has been latched onto as something that could do just that, hence people getting angry when it's being teased without being delivered. I think the reaction to Monday is a little OTT, but at the same time it's something that should have the trigger pulled very soon, lest people get fed up of waiting for it and stop caring. The fact that people are so upset is a good thing, because it shows that, for now at least, people still care. It's when people don't get worked up over Jericho not showing up that will show they've stopped caring and it's been teased for too long. The trick is going to be timing the re-debut of Jericho for the peak of interest. One more month should do it, because I think any longer than that and people really will begin to lose interest.

Think there is any chance they decided to bring him back next week with the (intended) spike in ratings with DX and Austin "returning"? In theory, it makes sense to assume by WWE/USA thinking that they'll have a larger viewership next week and that bringing Jericho back then would add more excitement for the future shows?

I think we'll see him at Survivor Series at the latest. I think a key factor in when Jericho returns depends on how much the powers that be are getting off on people getting angry over Jericho not showing up, both at No Mercy and on Monday. I'm probably not the only one, but I think Santino's line to Maria about not believing everything you read online was very likely creative, probably Stephanie or someone high up on the ladder, getting their dig in at people upset over Jericho not showing already. If that's the case, then it's possible they'll hold back on Jericho's return just to get that fix of screwing with online fans. Which, apart from highlighting a major insecurity, could backfire, if they do it for long enough and in a manner that makes people stop caring about the whole thing.

Earlier today on PWI, Dave said that WWE could stretch this thing out until December, and possibly into '08. Next RAW they'll have Austin, then Edge makes his big return for November, and they think they can get more out of it if they extend it even more, even though it was originally supposed to have already happen. They're very pissed about their news and surprises breaking on the internet before they happen. The comment on RAW where Santino mocked Maria for believing everything she hears on the internet was a direct jab at the wrestling fans who go online, specifically talking about the Jericho stuff and all of the videos they've been playing.

I think delaying Jericho's return until December would be stretching it out too far as it is, but delaying it until next year would be ridiculous. I think the fans are so much into the Jericho that delaying by much beyond Survivor Series risks people caring less and less each week. A sustained tease is great, but there's only so far you can tease people before pulling the trigger.

I think we'll see him at Survivor Series at the latest. I think a key factor in when Jericho returns depends on how much the powers that be are getting off on people getting angry over Jericho not showing up, both at No Mercy and on Monday. I'm probably not the only one, but I think Santino's line to Maria about not believing everything you read online was very likely creative, probably Stephanie or someone high up on the ladder, getting their dig in at people upset over Jericho not showing already. If that's the case, then it's possible they'll hold back on Jericho's return just to get that fix of screwing with online fans. Which, apart from highlighting a major insecurity, could backfire, if they do it for long enough and in a manner that makes people stop caring about the whole thing.

Well, I'm one of those "lost fans", i used to watch and don't anymore. I have on occasion caught 10 or 15 minutes but thats it. I still like reading abuot it on the internet tho. Still I was seriously considered specifically tuning in. i'm not even gonna bother next week (HHH, HBK, Vince? oh boy). Heroes ftw.