TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

I know that a shirt going on sale that day means absolutely nothing, but what would be the point of bringing Jericho back then? Is that the RAW before or after Survivor Series? (pardon my ignorance on this, I don't keep up too much on when PPV's are).

The Monday after the Survivor Series

Does anyone think their current strategy (especially after RAW) is to get some of the people who watched in 1999 and marked for Jericho's debut to tune in for his redebut so they can capitalise?

They need to pull out all the stops, that's for sure. I watched his WWF debut on youtube not too long ago, and it never fails to give me chills with how fucking loud the crowd pops when his name shows up on the titantron. They pop pretty well for the explosion after the lights go down and the deep bass chord ends, but holy crap the place goes nuclear when the word "JERICHO" is shown on the tron. One of the best debuts EVER, IMO.

I just watched Jericho's promo debut again and it's really amazing how spot on it is with the stuff that's going on now. The first transcript I found skipped a bunch of stuff, so I had to copy some of it down myself. Reading it though, it's almost eerie how relevant it is to the present day:

Now when you think of the new millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of a dawning of a new era. In this case the dawning of a new era in the WWF. And a new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs. What was once a captivating, trend-setting program has now deteriorated into a cliched, lets be honest, boring snooze-fest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor. And that's why I'm here. Chris Jericho has come to save the WWF!

Now let's go over the facts: Television ratings? Downward spiral. PPV buyrates? Plummeting. Mainstream acceptance? Nonexistent. Reactions of the live crowds? Complete and utter silence. And I know why you're silent. You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here. And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you. And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented "sports entertainers" who you're forced to cheer for and care for.

You can care less about every single idiot in the dressing room, and espically this idiot in the middle of the ring. (points to the Rock) You people have been lead to believe that mediocrity is excellence -- uh uh -- Jericho is excellence. And now for the first time in WWF history, you have a man who can entertain you. You have a man who is good enough for you. You have a man who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream 'Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go!' Thank you. The new millennium has arrived in the WWF and now that the Y2J problem is here, this company, from the front office idiots, to all the amateurs in the dressing room, including this one (points to the Rock), to everybody watching tonight will never, EHH-EHH-EHHHVER... be the same again!"

Also, if you want to watch the actual video, use this link as most of the ones on YouTube are the clipped version and are missing 1:30 including most of the stuff I listed in bold.

I just watched Jericho's promo debut again and it's really amazing how spot on it is with the stuff that's going on now. The first transcript I found skipped a bunch of stuff, so I had to copy some of it down myself. Reading it though, it's almost eerie how relevant it is to the present day:

Now when you think of the new millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of a dawning of a new era. In this case the dawning of a new era in the WWF. And a new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs. What was once a captivating, trend-setting program has now deteriorated into a cliched, lets be honest, boring snooze-fest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor. And that's why I'm here. Chris Jericho has come to save the WWF!

Now let's go over the facts: Television ratings? Downward spiral. PPV buyrates? Plummeting. Mainstream acceptance? Nonexistent. Reactions of the live crowds? Complete and utter silence. And I know why you're silent. You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here. And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you. And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented "sports entertainers" who you're forced to cheer for and care for.

You can care less about every single idiot in the dressing room, and espically this idiot in the middle of the ring. (points to the Rock) You people have been lead to believe that mediocrity is excellence -- uh uh -- Jericho is excellence. And now for the first time in WWF history, you have a man who can entertain you. You have a man who is good enough for you. You have a man who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream 'Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go!' Thank you. The new millennium has arrived in the WWF and now that the Y2J problem is here, this company, from the front office idiots, to all the amateurs in the dressing room, including this one (points to the Rock), to everybody watching tonight will never, EHH-EHH-EHHHVER... be the same again!"

Also, if you want to watch the actual video, use this link as most of the ones on YouTube are the clipped version and are missing 1:30 including most of the stuff I listed in bold.

Ahhh, good stuff. How times have changed from when the crowd would get excited over a PROMO.

Actually, if you want to see the crowd get excited for a Jericho promo, this is probably your best bet. I think this was about the absolute peak of his overness, but then HHH got hurt and they filled the month by letting Austin beat him and Benoit about 8 times each, before finally beating them both in a Triple Threat and basically killing both of their credibility for a good while.

Guest DCH

Jericho is an awesome performer, and deserves every push he can get. When he comes back after Sur. Series I want to see him get pushed straight to the top in a rivalry that culminates in Y2J winning the belt at WM24.

Anyone know what Jerico's come back will consist of? Will he mostly be a promo man, who does an ocassional match? Will he work a wrestling schedule, but only at televised events (no house shows)? Or will he be back full time with a full load (Already know the answer to this one, but if anyone has something that proves it other wise, fell free to elaborate)?

He might just work on Mondays. Who knows...?

I don't see him doing the full schedule at this point unless the money is great and he has some sort of creative control...

He has said in many interviews that when he comes back, he wants to come back as a full time, full on performer. He sounded like he wanted to come back main event, work all of his normal dates, and wrestle as if he never left.

Actually, if you want to see the crowd get excited for a Jericho promo, this is probably your best bet. I think this was about the absolute peak of his overness, but then HHH got hurt and they filled the month by letting Austin beat him and Benoit about 8 times each, before finally beating them both in a Triple Threat and basically killing both of their credibility for a good while.

Great promo, but maaaannnn, it also reminds me of how botched the Stone Cold heel turn was. Done right, it coulda been amazing, like hogan's nwo turn.

Ahhh, good stuff. How times have changed from when the crowd would get excited over a PROMO.

Still one of my favorite Raw moments of all time. Just curious - when did The Rock make the crack about "wrestling a guy named Juventud"?

I believe that was the during the same promo where Jericho made his fantastic debut.

Part of me would love it if Jericho wasn't the one coming back after all this Save_Us222 stuff.

I think it is because the shirts are being sold on the 19th that he won't be returning then. Its a red herring. Why sell a shirt for "SaveUs 222" when Jericho will be returning rendering the ephemeral "SaveUs" stuff kinda pointless. Wouldn't hey just have "Jericho" shirts. This angle's gonna be going for a long time

I think it is because the shirts are being sold on the 19th that he won't be returning then. Its a red herring. Why sell a shirt for "SaveUs 222" when Jericho will be returning rendering the ephemeral "SaveUs" stuff kinda pointless. Wouldn't hey just have "Jericho" shirts. This angle's gonna be going for a long time

If anything, start selling the saveus t-shirts now, then the Jericho t-shirts after he debuts adding more to your profit.

We weren't supposed to figure it out until they officially bashed us over the head with it. Just like Hunter being the father of Aurora.

Or until WWE magazine subscribers got their copies in the mail today.

cj.jpg

Anyone want to try to decipher what exactly the equations in the vignette meant? They were, I believe, X + 1 = Y, and J = 1 + 9. Somehow, I think that supposed to mean "Y2J" or something. Also, there was a weird file extension or something I didn't see before that was on tonight, but can't recall what it exactly said.

I'd love for every code that appeared to have meaning and get explained in some form from someone.

And WWE did the right thing by holding this out a bit and making it obvious he's going to be there next Monday so there is a clear timeframe to this finally. Plus, Jericho is done with his book tour this weekend to boot so its definately next Monday. Can't wait.

Jericho is an awesome performer, and deserves every push he can get. When he comes back after Sur. Series I want to see him get pushed straight to the top in a rivalry that culminates in Y2J winning the belt at WM24.

Agreed. I'd be happy if the main event of WM 24 was Jericho Vs. Orton

I wouldn't put much faith in Jerico main eventing Mania or anything, but as long as he can get some solid, upper-mid card fueds starting off to shake off the ring rust, I'll be fairly happy. Maybe Kennedy? Or if he wants to play the Heel, Jeff Hardy?

Anyone want to try to decipher what exactly the equations in the vignette meant? They were, I believe, X + 1 = Y, and J = 1 + 9. Somehow, I think that supposed to mean "Y2J" or something.

The vidoes have been saying save us X29. Add 1 letter to X and you get Y, add 1 to 9 and you get 10..J is the 10th letter of the alphabet. X29 = Y2J.

We weren't supposed to figure it out until they officially bashed us over the head with it. Just like Hunter being the father of Aurora.

cj.jpg

HAHAHAHAH! Nice job WWE.

I'd rather the WM main event be Jericho vs. Orton, cause I am so not feeling Orton vs. HHH. I'm not feeling Orton vs. much of anyone to be honest. Is there any doubt the real WM main event will be the SD title match?

cj.jpg

That is spectacular. I love the E.