TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL Sept/Oct 2007

The reeling Thrashers have taken another hit: Kari Lehtonen has left the game, re-aggravating his groin. Even so, they're up on the Rangers, 4-0. Sorry Mike.

Habs down 3-2 to the Sens. I've only been watching for a few minutes, but the Sens look to be outplaying them quite a bit. I was thinking about this earlier today, even though the Habs have a decent record against the Sens, something about last January's 8-3 seems really really really predominant.

A few random things....

The Thrashers are royally fucked now. Dreger has been saying that Fat Quinn is a leading candidate to take over the coaching job. Hedberg is not a very good goalie in his own right. The only positive is Ondrej Pavelec being called up from the AHL. He had very good Junior numbers and is rocking the AHL right now.

Leaf fans must be excited as all hell about Antropov's play so far this season. Just remember that it's October and the annual knee injury is looming on the horizon.

A shill for my own team but Andrew Cogliano has 6 points in 7 games. I can see him staying with the Oilers most of the year although Sam Gagner is starting to be non-existant out there and I can expect him to get sent back to London.

Hey, a road win for Columbus! That's encouraging. Another shutout for Leclaire, too. That's three on the year so far, already matching the team's total for all of last year. Their defense in their victories has really been remarkable, the best I've ever seen the team play.

Still a little annoyed that they let the home game against Dallas slip away two days ago, but I'll certainly take a record of 3-2-1.

Absolutely beautiful goal scored by Jonathan Toews against the Avalanche. Highlight of the night and goal of the year thus far (tough for anyone to top it, though). Sweet moves!

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Toews is something else. I'm a fan already.

I'm listening to the game over the Internet, just to check it out. This audio quality is horrible. I'm better off picking it up on 670, really.

Glad that they scored 3 in the first, but I have a bad feeling they drop this one nonetheless. It just seems like we're always on the penalty kill.

EDIT: ruutu scoooooooooooooooooooores 4-3 hawks wooooooooooo. Khabi's gotta give us one great minute here now.

EDIT2: oh they gave the goal to Ruutu, we thought it was Johansson's. Kane picked up an assist, his third point of the night.

EDIT3: Lang scores on the open net, 5-3. Hawks will beat the Avs. I'm having so much fun with hockey this year!

The Kings picked it up and beat the Nucks tonight. The notable thing is...they only gave up two goals. Just, wow.

Very surprising.

He played well tonight, that was the last of their issues. Scoring is definitely Vancouver's biggest problem.

I'd also like to say that there won't be a better goal than the Toews goal for the rest of the season.

Absolutely beautiful goal scored by Jonathan Toews against the Avalanche. Highlight of the night and goal of the year thus far (tough for anyone to top it, though). Sweet moves!

Wow, that was sick. Although it's very early in the season, Toews has looked impressive.

That was re-goddamn-diculos

And what's the deal with his fucking name?

My favourite team won a hockey game today. Beating a tired team playing on the road, two games, two cities, two nights. The Habs needed this. Not just the win, but rebounding from the blown lead was huge.

Bruins and Rags had a damn good 1-0 shootout game. Fernandez looked like the goalie that the Bruins paid dearly to get, Kessel closed another shootout (he's won five shootouts already in his career) and the defense looked very, very good at times.

Bruins v. Habs on monday on wonderful VSHD.

A few random things....

The Thrashers are royally fucked now. Dreger has been saying that Fat Quinn is a leading candidate to take over the coaching job. Hedberg is not a very good goalie in his own right. The only positive is Ondrej Pavelec being called up from the AHL. He had very good Junior numbers and is rocking the AHL right now.

Leaf fans must be excited as all hell about Antropov's play so far this season. Just remember that it's October and the annual knee injury is looming on the horizon.

A shill for my own team but Andrew Cogliano has 6 points in 7 games. I can see him staying with the Oilers most of the year although Sam Gagner is starting to be non-existant out there and I can expect him to get sent back to London.

I don't see them sending Gagner back as he's one of the few players you actually notice trying to do something out there on the ice. Sending him back to junior would be a mistake as I think he's too good for junior. Also, the Oilers are pretty bad and have pretty much little chance of making the playoffs so letting the young guys play and gain experience is really the best option right now.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Great win for the Black Hawks last night, though they need to stop letting up with leads, like they did Fridya night against the Avs. Then again, it was two games in two nights (and Pat Lalime was in net) so maybe there was some fatigue. Still, another fine evening for the Hawks, 5-3 on the season, and all of Canada got to see that these guys are something special.

Of course, I didn't see it. I was driving home from a bookstore, so I just listened to it. I don't even have Comcast, anyway.

Great win for the Black Hawks last night, though they need to stop letting up with leads, like they did Fridya night against the Avs. Then again, it was two games in two nights (and Pat Lalime was in net) so maybe there was some fatigue. Still, another fine evening for the Hawks, 5-3 on the season, and all of Canada got to see that these guys are something special.

Not quite all. I got to see Sens/Panthers in HD.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Oh, I was under the impression that all of anglophone Canada watches the Leafs on Saturday night whether they like it or not. Sort of like us with the Broncos and CBS late games.

As is mine. In standard def, I get eight (eight!) CBC feeds. Every single one of them yesterday showed Toronto. Fortunately, I got to see it in HD.

The Centre Ice feed of the Sabres-Montreal was on MSG, and I had to freakin listen to Jeannerete and Harry Neale. Ugggggggggh.

I'm from Kingston, and I would try to find an excuse not to watch CKWS whenever possible.

How bad (or more accurately, much different) could it be from any other CBC affiliate?

I'm with Treble - I'm so freakin spoiled by HD. I've got something like 300 channels on my ExpressVu, and outside of the Score, I never watch anything that's not in HD, and that's only about 30 channels. I'm reaching Marvin levels of love.