TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Cyber-Sunday Main Events

Does anyone know how many Hell in the Cell matches they've done per year since its inception? oldskool has me wondering if they do in fact store it somewhere. I always assumed that WWE was like a traveling circus, where outside of the "main office," where they do the paperwork, everything is on the road at all times.

Let's see...

HBK/Taker - 97

Austin/Taker vs. Kane/Mankind - 98 (match never officially started)

Taker/Mankind - 98

Kane/Mankind - 98

Taker/Bossman - 99

HHH/Cactus Jack - 00

Angle/Austin/Taker/Rock/HHH/Rikishi - 00

HHH/Jericho - 02

Brock/Taker - 02

HHH/Nash - 03

HHH/HBK - 04

HHH/Batista - 05

Taker/Orton - 05

DX vs. Vince/Shane/Big Show - 06

I don't know if you'd count the kinnel match between Bossman/Snow from Unforgiven 99. It did feature the cell.

Didnt the cell lower for Austin-Kane on KOTR 98 as well? (the 1st blood match)

Good idea forthem annoying for somebody like me who don't want to be bothered with it all. I'd would rather just see PPVs designed to be good and sell based on that not just gimmicks or name or try to sell it. It's gotta be a two way street. It can't just be them trying get money by selling something to us. It's gotta be us getting our money's worth buying something from them too. See that's the thing with Vince. He wants that whole road to himself. He thinks his business supporting is all about him. It's all about his money he gets from the fans don't matter what he sells.

It's just like these people I see working in the city. Many of em small business owners. They are always screaming at others "GET OFF WELFARE YOU LAZY BUMS!!". But let me ask youthis, if it weren't for their welfare WHERE WOULD YOUR BUSINESS BE?!? It wouldn't be there woudl it? You should grateful for that welfare these folks get cause if not for that your stall would not be standing.

THat's why Vince needs to take WWE fans into consideration when selling PPVS.

Does anyone know how many Hell in the Cell matches they've done per year since its inception? oldskool has me wondering if they do in fact store it somewhere. I always assumed that WWE was like a traveling circus, where outside of the "main office," where they do the paperwork, everything is on the road at all times.

Let's see...

HBK/Taker - 97

Taker/Mankind - 98

Kane/Mankind - 98

Taker/Bossman - 99

HHH/Cactus Jack - 00

HHH/Jericho - 02

Brock/Taker - 02

HHH/Nash - 03

HHH/HBK - 04

HHH/Batista - 05

Taker/Orton - 05

I don't know if you'd count the kinnel match between Bossman/Snow from Unforgiven 99. It did feature the cell.

Didnt the cell lower for Austin-Kane on KOTR 98 as well? (the 1st blood match)

It did lower for a few moments as Kane was trying to use it to bust Austin open. Still, it was already used at that PPV already, so I don't really know if that would technically count, but good call, none the less

It's just like these people I see working in the city. Many of em small business owners. They are always screaming at others "GET OFF WELFARE YOU LAZY BUMS!!". But let me ask youthis, if it weren't for their welfare WHERE WOULD YOUR BUSINESS BE?!? It wouldn't be there woudl it? You should grateful for that welfare these folks get cause if not for that your stall would not be standing.

Geez. Warped thinking much?

Guest frostdude1

Let's see...

HBK/Taker - 97

Taker/Mankind - 98

Kane/Mankind - 98

Taker/Bossman - 99

HHH/Cactus Jack - 00

HHH/Jericho - 02

Brock/Taker - 02

HHH/Nash - 03

HHH/HBK - 04

HHH/Batista - 05

Taker/Orton - 05

It looks like Taker and HHH have been in it the most. Weird how they have never fought eachother 1 on 1 in a HIAC

That should be WM24

Let's see...

HBK/Taker - 97

Taker/Mankind - 98

Kane/Mankind - 98

Taker/Bossman - 99

HHH/Cactus Jack - 00

HHH/Jericho - 02

Brock/Taker - 02

HHH/Nash - 03

HHH/HBK - 04

HHH/Batista - 05

Taker/Orton - 05

It looks like Taker and HHH have been in it the most. Weird how they have never fought eachother 1 on 1 in a HIAC

That should be WM24

The Hell in the Cell is basically Taker and HHH's "match". If one of them isn't involved in the match, you're not going to get a Hell in the Cell stipulation.

On WWE.com right now, you get to vote who Orton defends against. HBK, Jeff Hardy, or Kennedy. Looks like HBK wins the vote for the third time. I wonder if they're still doing a vote for match gimmick.

soooo the HHH/Orton fued must be getting the slow burn treatment....not a bad idea really.

I have no problems with a HBK/Orton program.

Orton/Kennedy would be a car wreck.

Hardy/Orton doesn't have legs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardy win that poll.

That is weird since they already announced on Sunday that the votes were for a stipulation or a referee. Of course they were never specific about what match got what, so maybe ECW gets the stip natch? Morrison vs Punk having a Cell match just seems odd though. I'm going to guess that HHH/Umaga gets the HIAC/FCA/SF gimmick vote.

Also, are we going to have a 4th year of everyone saying the voting is rigged and voters are all fools despite all credible sources indicating the voting for 2004, 2005, and 2006 was totally legit (however fans are "conditioned" on what they should be voting for).

Kane almost winning the vote in 2004 and Piper winning a vote that was "supposed" to be won by Rhodes are other indicators. Good thing Piper won, too.

Clearly, as with all the announced voting choices so far, the company has already picked the directions it will be going in. As with last year (when the expectation was Dusty Rhodes would be Ric Flair's partner but fans picked Roddy Piper), company policy for Cyber Sunday is to go with the real results.

It's obvious the booking plan is Orton vs. Michaels.

to be honest I'd actually like to see the title matches be booked like that here's my ideas for the title matches:

World Heavyweight Title:

Batista vs

A: Khali

B: Taker

C: Finlay

ECW Title:

CM Punk vs

A: Morrison

B: Big Daddy V

C: Dreamer

World Tag Team Titles:

Cade/Murdoch vs

A: London/Kendrick

B: Highlanders

C: Holly/Cody

WWE Tag Titles:

MVP and Matt Hardy vs

A: Deuce/Domino

B: Festus/Jesse

C: Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang

ECW Title match is Punk vs Fans Choice (Morrison, Big Daddy V, Miz).

That's weird, voting on what heel you want to wrestle a face champion. I know the idea is to vote for Morrison, but you'd think as a Punk fan I'd vote for Miz because it's doubtful he'll drop the belt to him.

SmackDown confirmed that the "pick the ref" match is for their World title match, which looks like Batista vs Taker or Batista vs Taker vs Finlay vs Rey based on the show last night. They also had a really good Jeff Hardy career video and assuming it airs on TV, it's almost as if they want to create an even vote between him and Shawn

Yeah because they didn't discourage multiple voting. I think they even went on Raw and said "vote as much as you want!". Not sure how they're rolling this year (though it's just a cookie deleting matter).

Guest clon3isnasty
That is weird since they already announced on Sunday that the votes were for a stipulation or a referee. Of course they were never specific about what match got what, so maybe ECW gets the stip natch? Morrison vs Punk having a Cell match just seems odd though. I'm going to guess that HHH/Umaga gets the HIAC/FCA/SF gimmick vote.

Also, are we going to have a 4th year of everyone saying the voting is rigged and voters are all fools despite all credible sources indicating the voting for 2004, 2005, and 2006 was totally legit (however fans are "conditioned" on what they should be voting for).

I hope they don't do a HHH/Umaga match as HIAC. The Cyber Sunday PPV's don't generally do well, so I could see them wanting to use the Cell gimmick on the card for the buys. I'd much rather see an Orton/HBK Cell match, but with Shawn just coming off the injury, and not 100%, I guess that won't be happening.

I wonder if the 2 losers in the RAW title voting will go for, and win, the RAW Tag Titles again this year?

Maybe Kennedy and Hardy can win the titles and feud over the IC title as well. We haven't seen a Hardy do that. Hell, they should just have Jeff/Kennedy Vs Matt/MVP for the hell of it.

Guest clon3isnasty
I wonder if the 2 losers in the RAW title voting will go for, and win, the RAW Tag Titles again this year?

Again, something I hope they don't do, since they are already doing the feuding Tag Champs angle on Smackdown. I just figured the two losers would wrestle each other. Thus WWE gets their Hardy/Kennedy match they'd like to have on the card.

Usually doesn't the IC Champ go up against someone the fans vote in? I guess that won't be happening now. You can really tell, more than any other year, that WWE is really trying to force votes this year. I mean logically, why is Hardy or Kennedy even up for voting in the title match. Logically, Triple H should be in there, but adding him into the mix could really screw up their plan of HBK/Orton because there's a decent chance HHH could win the voting.

Same goes for Kennedy/Hardy. If they put Hardy vs. ?Fan Vote?, they could push for Kenedy, but thats not at all a lock, as we've seen some weird results in the past, so, with this Main Event vote, they're really killing two birds with one stone, they get both the matches they want, and HHH gets the gimmick match.

Usually doesn't the IC Champ go up against someone the fans vote in? I guess that won't be happening now. You can really tell, more than any other year, that WWE is really trying to force votes this year. I mean logically, why is Hardy or Kennedy even up for voting in the title match. Logically, Triple H should be in there, but adding him into the mix could really screw up their plan of HBK/Orton because there's a decent chance HHH could win the voting.

There really hasn't been a set pattern for the IC champ, but voting the opponent comes closest.

2004 it was Jericho would fight anyone on the RAW roster voted by the fans not involved in the other matches.

2005 Flair had the title and the vote was for the stip in his match against HHH.

2006 was Jeff Hardy defending against limited choices of Carlito, Shelton and Nitro.

Guest Anti Establishment
Do you give Batista the clean win here to help his credibility after the Luger 2007 run he's had this year?

Possibly.

But Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania are all gonna come up fast so they are going to have to get the World Title around someone who can carry the belt into the biggest show (Mania).

I say Taker wins the title at Survivor Series. Edge wins the Royal Rumble and we get Taker vs Edge at Wrestlemania.

As far as Cyber Sunday maybe just maybe Batista goes over clean but I dunno, were gonna probably have Austin as the ref so I would imagine someone is getting a stunner and I cant imagine him calling a DQ on anyone so it looks like someone will go over clean....I will say yes Batista gets the win over Undertaker but Taker wins the title at Survivor Series! :headbang:

Eh, Cyber Sunday doesn't strike me as the PPV where they'll change the WHC. They can easily do a bullshit finish via special ref and have Dave go against Edge at Survivor Series. Give Edge the title there or Armageddon and they can do an easy build with him vs Taker at Wrestlemania.

If Batista needs something to do, turn and have him vs Rey around the same time.