TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

So everyone but King Booker (unless he's still "gone forever") is offically back on the roster now. Should be interesting to see where Kennedy stands on the card on Raw now. Hopefully Regal gets his GM job back from Coach, too. I didn't care for that hinting last week that Coach was going to keep it.

I'm still thinking that the 222 promo is Kennedy.

I mean, I don't want to get disappointed, so I'm not going to get my hopes up about Jericho.

I mean, I don't want to get disappointed, so I'm not going to get my hopes up about Jericho.

Do not be fooled:

01.jpg

Do not be fooled:

01.jpg

I think I'd shoot my TV.

I friend of mine that has regular contact with Hugo Savinovich told me that everything points to the return of Y2J, but get this: he might return just as "Jericho", since now the name "Chris" seems to be completely forbidden in WWE.

I friend of mine that has regular contact with Hugo Savinovich told me that everything points to the return of Y2J, but get this: he might return just as "Jericho", since now the name "Chris" seems to be completely forbidden in WWE.

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Let him stick with Chris Jericho. Hell, even when he was in the E for his first run, the announcers and everyone else pretty much stuck with Jericho to begin with, so what's the point of dropping the Chris?

I don't believe that for a second.

Yeah... Chris Masters hasn't become just "Masters".

There has been a growing concern regarding Michaels. Michaels, who the expectation was would return from knee surgery in November, has made it clear he's enjoying life right now with his family. He has young children and no financial concerns.

He's also having more time to devote to his religion, which is his passion right now and is largely disconnected from wrestling except regularly talking to HHH. HHH has been trying to talk him into coming back to television because of the depth issue regarding lack of stars, even if he can't wrestle yet. Michaels hasn't opted for it.

HHH brought him to OVW to talk to the talent and a lot of people were surprised he agreed to go. The feeling internally was that being around HHH and seeing the hungry young wrestlers would put the fire back into him to come back. Everybody was doing the "Once you get around the business again, you can't walk away so easily," maxim and were actually surprised he agreed to come with HHH to OVW a few weeks ago.

He's been telling HHH he's on the fence abut returning and he really doesn't know how much wrestling he wants to do. He said his family is his top priority, his knees are really bad and he feels his comeback in recent years has vindicated his entire career from his admitted past transgressions of the 90s. Those close to the situation surmise that one of the things he's wanted to do in recent years was to come back with a new attitude, make a new reputation within the business, and leave with a better legacy than he left with in 1998. Of all the various people out with injuries and other sabbaticals this years, even though Rey Mysterio came back and made the biggest difference in demos, the two people whose injuries seem to have left the biggest holes are Edge and Michaels, as their spots have never been adequately replace.

The feeling is that while the wrestlers of the 90s may have negative things to say about him personally, the modern wrestlers and people working in the company today look at him in a a positive light. It's also not like anyone is talking that he's retiring, but nothing is definite, and again, even if and when he comes back, a key may be getting an even more reduced schedule.

wrestling observer newsletter

Yeah... Chris Masters hasn't become just "Masters".

You are quite right. I also find it hard to believe, it's just so stupid. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Shawn served his purpose and really has nothing less to prove. He got that final main event run on his way out and was arguably at the top of his game. It's a good way to go. There isn't any true dream matches left for him anyways, outside of possibly putting over his former students. If he never comes back, it finally validates Orton's gimmick.

eh, I wouldn't mind seeing one last run, however he can't win the title and he'd have to put someone over on the way out. Some of the best free TV matches the past couple of years have involved him.

I know I know, I'm dreaming, right?

It's because he doesn't do anything long-term for WWE right now and because they have pretty much done every match they could. While Michaels against Burke, MVP, Punk, Mysterio (whom haven't had a real match, not counting the memorial match) would be moderately appealing, it doesn't do much for the company unless Shawn was dead serious about putting one of those guys over big time (not that Rey needs it, that match woud be "dream" match purposes only) and we know Shawn's track record with these things.

Shawn has every reason to leave the business. He can't give it anything else.

Cause he's happy, financial secure and his body is starting to break down to the point he could start to fall into a painkiller problem. I've always been for guys who if they really don't want to be in wrestling anymore and don't need the money to just walk away while they can still walk away without cringing in pain.

He has his family, his money, his body is still in reasonably ok shape and he's accomplished everything. There is nothing left for Shawn.

Kennedy vs Cena was announced on WWE.com for Raw. "First time ever" apparently. I don't recall them ever wrestling one on one on TV so I'll take this as truth.

There goes my theory on the save_us.222 or whatever was kennedy.

So this seems kind of cool.

CINCINNATI - Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson, notorious for his celebration antics, might put a post-score party to good use, thanks to WWE Diva Candice Michelle.

"It's really cool," Candice said, "If Johnson scores and celebrates with my Go Daddy dance, Go Daddy will donate $50,000 to charity."

Candice's Go Daddy dance became famous when everybody saw her Super Bowl commercial. If Johnson follows through with the celebration tonight when the Cincinnati Bengals take on the New England Patriots, Go Daddy will donate $50,000 to Feed the Children.

Feed the Children is a non-profit organization that provides food, medicine, clothing and other essentials to children and families worldwide, and Johnson has supported the charity over the years. Bob Parsons, chief executive officer for Go Daddy, sees Johnson as an "exceptional" representative of the company.

"He's fun, he's fast and he's at the top of his game," said Parsons.