TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

Rewatching ONS2, I guess this is the acceptable place to ask..

Was Mysterio and Sabu supposed to end on a draw?

That was the planned finish from what I understood. They weren't going to job Sabu in front of the ECW crowd, but there was no way that he was going to get the belt Since RVD was going to bring the WWE title to ECW

Guest shrevedude

Which Diva do you think is the best in-ring worker (outside of WWE too)?

No Mercy being on the weekend of Canadian Thanksgiving pretty much guarantees I won't find anyone available to watch it. Too bad too - I'm interested in the WWE title situation (though I'm sure Orton just ends up with it), Umaga vs HHH looks promising after the brawl on Raw, Finlay vs Rey should be good, and Khali vs Batista in the Prison has amusing trainwreck written all over it.

Did Snitsky get suspended for 60 days or is he injured? I do not recall seeing him since getting protected against Cena a couple of months back.

He's on Heat this week. He may have been suspended for 30 days, but not 60.

Latest issue of F4W says Snitsky was suspended for failing a drug test in the last month, and that he'd be returning this week. Which he did, in a dark match at the Raw taping.

Probably some Japanese worker. I don't watch Joshi, but it wouldn't take a lot to top what the WWE has to offer.

Joshi has been flat for awhile, at least for me. The best woman's wrestling is SHIMMER. I'd argue that Sara Del Ray (Danielson disciple) is the top female worker.

Val Venis(whom I voted for) is winning the who would like to see as next WWE Champion poll on WWE.com. Triple H is in second and I didn't check on what place Orton was in. I believe Mr. Kennedy is in third. Since Val Venis is only that high up because of the smarks I'm sure he'll get the Stevie Richards treatment if they mention the poll on tv.

Probably some Japanese worker. I don't watch Joshi, but it wouldn't take a lot to top what the WWE has to offer.

Joshi has been flat for awhile, at least for me. The best woman's wrestling is SHIMMER. I'd argue that Sara Del Ray (Danielson disciple) is the top female worker.

As someone who watches a lot of women's wrestling, I'd say Daizee Haze would be the best in the world right now. I like Sara too. Maybe Sara's the best wrestler, but Daizee is a better worker, if that makes sense. Can work the crowd better. I'm a big big fan of MsChif too.

From what I've seen of SHIMMER Cheerleader Melissa and MsChif are two talents to definatly keep an eye out for. They had a series of damn fine matches against one another.

Val Venis(whom I voted for) is winning the who would like to see as next WWE Champion poll on WWE.com. Triple H is in second and I didn't check on what place Orton was in. I believe Mr. Kennedy is in third. Since Val Venis is only that high up because of the smarks I'm sure he'll get the Stevie Richards treatment if they mention the poll on tv.

I, being the cynic, tend to believe the poll is fixed to show Val in the lead so they can do a humor spot with him on TV a la SR.

I don't believe for a second that SR was ever in the "lead" in the last poll and that WWE said "well, he's in the lead in our poll, so let's make a joke about it on RAW." The joke was planned ahead and the poll is fixed.

It's just too easy to fix a poll and let's face it. The WWE isn't in the business of listening to it's fans.

From what I've seen of SHIMMER Cheerleader Melissa and MsChif are two talents to definatly keep an eye out for. They had a series of damn fine matches against one another.

I've never met Melissa, but I know a lot of people who have worked with her.....don't be to surprised if you never see her really make it to either TNA or WWE.

I, being the cynic, tend to believe the poll is fixed to show Val in the lead so they can do a humor spot with him on TV a la SR.

I don't believe for a second that SR was ever in the "lead" in the last poll and that WWE said "well, he's in the lead in our poll, so let's make a joke about it on RAW." The joke was planned ahead and the poll is fixed.

It's just too easy to fix a poll and let's face it. The WWE isn't in the business of listening to it's fans.

Because it's unheard of for fans to vote for the jobber just to fuck with the poll?

I've never met Melissa, but I know a lot of people who have worked with her.....don't be to surprised if you never see her really make it to either TNA or WWE.

Do tell.

Do tell.

Basically, from what I understand, not a very good backstage person from my understanding. Like I said, I haven't worked with her before, but I know people who have and don't like working with her from previous experiances.

I know a lot of people who USED to work for APW.

Do tell.

Basically, from what I understand, not a very good backstage person from my understanding. Like I said, I haven't worked with her before, but I know people who have and don't like working with her from previous experiances.

Coke whore?

Do tell.

Coke whore?

Never heard anything like that...so I'm going with no.

I wonder if Hogan is on the phone with Vince trying to bury the current hatchet in the E's time of need / his chance to score a world title.

That would be horrifically bad if they bought him in to cover Cena's spot for a year.

Some local morning radio host just made a joke that caused me to laugh inappropriately in my office.

"*discussing Hulk Hogan being the host of the new American Gladaitors*"

"And I thought Chris Benoit ended his career on a low note"

I only saw the cheerleader as a valet of the ballard brothers (hockey playing twin brothers "Slapshot" gimmick) in the Socal indies back in the day. Have never seen her wrestle

anyhow anyone know why Tony Chimmel and Justin Roberts switched shows out of nowhere?

anyhow anyone know why Tony Chimmel and Justin Roberts switched shows out of nowhere?

I think it was something along the lines that they thought that Roberts was more TV friendly and would appeal to the younger demographics better than Chimmel.

odd thing the announcers didnt even make notice of the ring announcers switching. I mean when it first happened I assumed roberts was ill or something, but then he was on sd.

Well Vince won't hire APW workers so that isn't exactly a huge stretch....they have to get far away from APW and Roland Alexander in specific, he makes all his talent sign some deal where if they get a big money deal he gets a percentage, Vince pretty much thinks the guys a huge piece of shit and won't sign any of their workers until they get far away from him and aren't under that deal anymore.

Well Vince won't hire APW workers so that isn't exactly a huge stretch....they have to get far away from APW and Roland Alexander in specific, he makes all his talent sign some deal where if they get a big money deal he gets a percentage, Vince pretty much thinks the guys a huge piece of shit and won't sign any of their workers until they get far away from him and aren't under that deal anymore.

Actually a few APW workers were used a bit ago. One being used twice and that's Kafu. Kafu wrestled Big Daddy V a few months ago in a handi-cap match. Kafu wore the tarzan looking tights.

Actually a few APW workers were used a bit ago. One being used twice and that's Kafu. Kafu wrestled Big Daddy V a few months ago in a handi-cap match. Kafu wore the tarzan looking tights.

Sure, but they weren't signed to any written deals...

I can't believe they can actually get people to sign those deals these days with information being made readily available via dvd, internet, books, etc on how to break into the business.