TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

So did I miss something, or does the Cruiserweight title officially no longer exist? It's not on the Smackdown superstars page at WWE.com anymore.

So did I miss something, or does the Cruiserweight title officially no longer exist? It's not on the Smackdown superstars page at WWE.com anymore.

The WWE Title isn't on the page either because there is no champion. Guerrero stripped Hornswoggle of the title citing concern for his saftey. There is no official word that the belt is done but there has been talk of a X Title of sorts for Smackdown to replace the CW belt. In other words, they felt the CW name was holding things back, so they'll likely add what will amount to be a TV Title of sorts for SD.

that's actually a pretty good idea...fun times were had with the TV belt back in the day. Not saying the WWE would duplicate those fun times, just saying they were had.

Guest droptoehold

If they make a TV Title it should be something prestigious

because the champion has the hardest working schedule

having to defend the title each week on a different show.

One week ECW next week SD then RAW.

If they make a TV Title it should be something prestigious

because the champion has the hardest working schedule

having to defend the title each week on a different show.

One week ECW next week SD then RAW.

I think they should make it change hands a lot. Not necessarily pass it around the roster, but if it's a title that has to be defended at least once every week or two, it should be won and lost pretty frequently. No year long title reigns. You wouldn't have to even have multiple title-holders, you could just use it as part of a feud between two workers, have them trade the title between them a couple times.

World Heavyweight, US Title and now the TV Title on SmackDown? just rename it WCW already.

I like the idea of a TV Title though. make it so the cruiserweights could still win a title, and low card wrestlers like Palumbo and Kenny could have a run with a title to.

I'd rather them just move the Cruiserweight title over to ECW and re-name it the tv title. Vickie could even send some of the cruiserweights over to ECW as a deal with Armando.

--Lilian Garcia and her band will be performing on both Raw and Smackdown this coming week.

I understand WWE wants to market her out to the masses, but do they really think WWE fans will actually buy her shit? Well maybe some kids and little girls, I guess. This seems like a complete waste of airtime to me though, to say the least.

I should rephrase my post to be fair.....

Does WWE really think anyone is 1) going to pay tickets to see Lilian sing at a show they are paying $$$ to see wrestling and/or characters 2) going to tune in to each show, or keep tuned in, when she comes on and starts singing?

I'm fine with them doing commercials about her CD and plugs and all of that, but a live performance on one of the shows, much less two, is fucking ridiculous. I am looking forward to the fan reaction, though. It may be uber-brutal.

People like Lillian, though, so it won't be that bad. At least she didn't draw any heat for appearing on WWE Idol way back when.

Plus you just know one of the two performances is getting interrupted, so there's that.

CM Punk Involved In Backstage Altercation Earlier This Week

By Matt Boone on October 6, 2007 at 3:14 PM EST

Source: 1Wrestling.com

We're told that Tony Atlas and CM Punk had a verbal confrontation at the OVW taping on Tuesday night.

Atlas was apparently evaluating matches during the evening and approached Punk earlier in the day and told him that taping his hands and arms was "not the look the office wanted".

Punk came out during the taping with his hands and arms taped. Atlas was not happy that he didn't take his advice. After the show during a post-show meeting, Atlas made a speech about people with attitudes. He was staring at Punk the entire time. Punk finally lost it and asked Atlas why he was starting at him as he was giving his attitude speech.

The two exchanged words and Punk loudly asked Atlas, "Do you even watch our show? Do you even know who I am?".

--------------------

The office doesn't like taped arms and wrists? Someone better tell Triple H.

I wonder if Atlas didn't know who he was and thought he was a developmental worker. One would assume that some roadie from SD! or ECW would have relayed the "no tape" office edict to Punk if it exists. Still all of the old timers stick together and the roadies will probably have Punk lose to Striker this week in a non-title bout or something. Why is Punk working OVW shows anyways? Is there a message there in the first place?

If it was a developmental worker thumbing his nose at Atlas - assuming he was there on the behlaf of the wwe office - I could understand why he would take it as a slight.

I wonder if Atlas didn't know who he was and thought he was a developmental worker. One would assume that some roadie from SD! or ECW would have relayed the "no tape" office edict to Punk if it exists. Still all of the old timers stick together and the roadies will probably have Punk lose to Striker this week in a non-title bout or something. Why is Punk working OVW shows anyways? Is there a message there in the first place?

Punk lives in Louisville (I assume) and he makes occasional appearences. He isn't the only one. A few other SD workers and a couple ECW guys make sporadic appearences. Although, I don't remember seeing a Raw guy make one recently that wasn't a one-off deal such as Cena over the summer.

I don't think it was the fact that Atlas didn't know who Punk was, it sounds like Atlas as a vet was telling someone who hasn't been around as long as him something and thought Punk was going to do it because Atlas told him so. So when Punk didn't do it, Atlas got upset and made that speech because of it.

Next week, Butch Reed will tell Punk that tattoos aren't allowed in the company and he should wear a shirt during the match and that facial hair is a no-no.

Hey everyone i posted this in the cyber sunday main events thread as well but i am from the dc area and i am going to cyber sunday i was just trying to see if anyone else was going as well. send me a message if u are, thanks :-)

Next week, Butch Reed will tell Punk that tattoos aren't allowed in the company and he should wear a shirt during the match and that facial hair is a no-no.

Butch Reed had his say, haven't you seen Shelton Benjamin lately?

These are all the Last Man Standing matches I can think of, if anybody can remember any more, feel free to add.

The Rock Vs. Mankind - St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Chris Jericho Vs. HHH - Fully Loaded 2000

Chris Jericho Vs. Kane - Armageddon 2000

Shane McMahon Vs. The Big Show - Backlash 2001

Shane McMahon Vs. Kane - Unforgiven 2003

Shawn Michaels Vs. HHH - Royal Rumble 2004

Kurt Angle Vs. JBL - SD (forgot when though)

Edge Vs. ----- ------ @ Backlash 2005

Ric Flair Vs. HHH - Survivor Series 2005

The Undertaker Vs. The Great Khali - Final SD before SummerSlam 2006

John Cena Vs. Umaga - Royal Rumble 2007

Batista Vs. The Undertaker - Backlash 2007

Randy Orton Vs. HHH - No Mercy 2007

How many Last Man Standing matches have there been?

John Cena Vs. Umaga - Royal Rumble 2007

Batista Vs. The Undertaker - Backlash 2007

Randy Orton Vs. HHH - No Mercy 2007

Wow, three in less than a year. I think that's over using the gimmick a bit.

It does not spin anymore. I didn't really notice that last night but others did (and just by looking at that picture, if Cena were to hold the belt like that the WWE logo would have moved).