TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

You really don't know who Missy Hyatt is?

Basically, she broke into wrestling in the mid '80s in some of the Southern territories, going with guys like Eddie Gilbert. Eventually, she made it into WCW as a "reporter" on-screen, and as a manager. She was also in ECW for a bit, managing the Sandman, IIRC. Since then, she's been in a bunch of indy promotions as a manager and sometimes wrestling. Pretty much she's been known for dating a bunch of people, including Jason Hervey (played the older brother in the Wonder Years), Scott Putski, and a slew of others. She also ran a sleezy wrestlingvixxxens website with Tammy Sytch a few years back.

WWE.com has learned that several meetings have taken place between Acting SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero and ECW General Manager Armando Estrada that, if ratified, would allow SmackDown and ECW Superstars to compete on Tuesday and Friday nights.

WWE.com has learned that several meetings have taken place between Acting SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero and ECW General Manager Armando Estrada that, if ratified, would allow SmackDown and ECW Superstars to compete on Tuesday and Friday nights.

I'm getting an old NWA/UWF vibe here. This news seems like either a last ditch attempt to save ECW on Sci Fi or the first step towards shutting it down.

that could be good for the WWE overall, correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the ECW contract with Sci Fi end in December

that could be good for the WWE overall, correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the ECW contract with Sci Fi end in December

It does. Ratings have declined there too to the point that a new deal may not necessarily happen.

If the ECW/Smackdown roster merge means that ECW will become Velocity-like, with a lot of Smackdown cruisers, or that rumored WWE version of the X Division (with maybe no DQ/no countout) is featured heavily on ECW, I'm all for it. I was all for ECW being it's separate brand/identity but it's obvious that they f'd it up to the point of no return. Kevin Dunn wanted it to look like every other WWE tv show and that's what we have. It became Velocity so it might as well have the good matches that Velocity had. Too bad London/Kendrick are on Raw now. I'd rather tune in on Tuesday nights and see CM Punk vs. Jamie Noble, John Morrison vs. Jimmy Wang Yang and Elijah Burke vs. MVP - this works. If this means that ECW will be Batista vs. Big Daddy V, Chuck Palumbo vs. Stevie Richards and Mark Henry squashing CM Punk en route to a PPV main event - not so good.

There's a Sunny interview floating around where she explains the "Sunny Days" HBK vs Bret Hart feud. Basically she says that nobody knows this but she and HBK were together for nine months and broke up shortly before the comment and Shawn thought she and Hart had something going on as the reason for their break-up, which Sunny flatly denies. Sunny explains that she was the only tourning Diva at the time so she got her own dressing room and Hart was an extreme loner and asked her if he could use her dressing room when she wasn't in it because he didn't want to be around the rest of the boys. She said it wasn't a big deal as she was hardly in the DR, and her and Bret were friends( just friends), and when she needed it he'd leave sorta deal.

Anyways that's the story, at least her side of it.

Speaking of slutty former Diva's - Sunny got around quite a bit in the old ecw lockeroom. Sandman tells stories of walking in on her and Sabu on a few occasions, with Sabu usually trading pain killers for a BJ, one time with Joey (Mercury) Matthews there watching, and all the while Chris Candido was running around asking anybody if they knew where Tammy(Sunny) was.

There's a Sunny interview floating around where she explains the "Sunny Days" HBK vs Bret Hart feud. Basically she says that nobody knows this but she and HBK were together for nine months and broke up shortly before the comment and Shawn thought she and Hart had something going on as the reason for their break-up, which Sunny flatly denies. Sunny explains that she was the only tourning Diva at the time so she got her own dressing room and Hart was an extreme loner and asked her if he could use her dressing room when she wasn't in it because he didn't want to be around the rest of the boys. She said it wasn't a big deal as she was hardly in the DR, and her and Bret were friends( just friends), and when she needed it he'd leave sorta deal.

Speaking of slutty former Diva's - Sunny got around quite a bit in the old ecw lockeroom. Sandman tells stories of walking in on her and Sabu on a few occasions, with Sabu usually trading pain killers for a BJ, one time with Joey (Mercury) Matthews there watching, and all the while Chris Candido was running around asking anybody if they knew where Tammy(Sunny) was.

I think Candido was still technically "with her" when she was having her fun with Shawn too. Poor guy, in hindsight.

If anyone needs proof Tammy and Michaels were definately having some fun together, watch the One Night Only ppv from England from 97 - there was an interview she did backstage with Michaels in which he was basically feeling her up during it.

Is Missy Hyatt one of those XPW whores?

.............................................I'm stunned by this question.

Batista's a douchebag, but its good to know that he's man enough to realize and admit when he's wrong.

Is Missy Hyatt one of those XPW whores?

.............................................I'm stunned by this question.

It happens.

My knowledge of wrestling starts at about '98 and goes to about '01.

Then I got into it again around... I dunno... '05?

So, please.. excuse my ignorance.

I think Candido was still technically "with her" when she was having her fun with Shawn too. Poor guy, in hindsight.

If anyone needs proof Tammy and Michaels were definately having some fun together, watch the One Night Only ppv from England from 97 - there was an interview she did backstage with Michaels in which he was basically feeling her up during it.

If I remember the interview correctly, her and Chris were at a point where they had broken up, so that's why she went to Shawn. When Shawn wanted to get married, Sunny called it off, and Shawn got ticked. She gave the impression this was a reason Shawn never liked Chris - before and after the affair with Sunny.

Federal Court rules on Warrior vs. McMahon Case

It has been ruled by The United States Federal District Court of

Arizona that the complaint filed by Ultimate Creations, Inc. against

Vince McMahon; Titan Sports; and the WWE will not be dismissed and

will go to trial.

"To survive the motion to dismiss his defamation claims, Warrior must

establish that the statements 'are reasonably capable of sustaining a

defamatory meaning,' and that the statements 'are not mere comment

within the ambit of the First Amendment.' Knievel v. ESPN, 393 F.3d

1068, 1073-74 (9th Cir. 2005) (quotations omitted). Defendants

believe that Warrior has failed to establish either of these

requirements. The Court does not agree. After examining the totality

of the circumstances in which the Defendants statements were made,

the Court finds that Defendants allegedly made statements about

Warrior that can be reasonably interpreted as factual assertions that

may have brought him 'into disrepute, contempt, or ridicule' or

impeached his 'honesty, integrity, virtue, or reputation.'

Consequently, Warrior’s claims against Vince and Linda McMahon will

not be dismissed."

In a statement made by Bernie J. Gernay of PSI Marketing Group whom

represents Warrior, he stated, "There is no denying the legitimacy of

this complaint, just as there's also no denying that there is the

illegitimate, choreographed world of professional wrestling and then there is

the legitimate rule of law in the real world. Warrior lives in the

real world. WWE and the McMahons apparently do not. Warrior has made

another successful, 'constructive,' not 'self-destructive,' life

outside his former successes creating and performing the one-of-a-

kind Ultimate Warrior character. The McMahons seem to have problems

with that, both acknowledging it and letting it go. They can run

their company any way they wish to, but they have no right to discredit

the integrity or try to ruin the life of any former talent who

chooses to no longer be a part of their entertainment act, let alone

do so as they have outrageously seen fit to do in this instance,

through a film project that both defames my client and obscenely

profit. They can script their characters in provocative storylines

where common sense, decency and justice may never prevail, but none

of that will play very well inside a real court room in the real

world before a jury of real people. My client looks forward to that

day."

Good for him.

Didn't WWE say on that ultimate warrior DVD that he didn't care when his dad died and just wanted time off? I don't like warrior, but that was a crappy thing to say (and probably slander because WWE can't prove that)

Warrior lives in the real world. WWE and the McMahons apparently do not.

wow.....I've been completely blown away with that statement. I never ever thought I'd hear (or read) something like that.

Shouldnt this have its own thread?

WWE sent Mick Foley to Florida and Kentucky this week to help out with the developmental talents in FCW and OVW.

Sci Fi is not happy with the low ECW ratings. Vince as well is not pleased with the results. But when you have only 10 guys on the roster. What was the best you could hope for..

WWE has decided to start having ECW and Smackdown talent appear on both ECW and Smackdown starting soon. With ECW ratings dropping, WWE is hoping that having Smackdown talent appear on the show, as well as having ECW guys get more exposure on Smackdown, will improve ratings. The thinking is that talent is being wasted since both brands are at the TV taping anyway.

If they lose the timeslot on Tuesday. This gives them a built in excuse to just blow up ECW. Then just dump those guys into the Smackdown roster.

Shouldnt this have its own thread?

WWE sent Mick Foley to Florida and Kentucky this week to help out with the developmental talents in FCW and OVW.

Sci Fi is not happy with the low ECW ratings. Vince as well is not pleased with the results. But when you have only 10 guys on the roster. What was the best you could hope for..

WWE has decided to start having ECW and Smackdown talent appear on both ECW and Smackdown starting soon. With ECW ratings dropping, WWE is hoping that having Smackdown talent appear on the show, as well as having ECW guys get more exposure on Smackdown, will improve ratings. The thinking is that talent is being wasted since both brands are at the TV taping anyway.

If they lose the timeslot on Tuesday. This gives them a built in excuse to just blow up ECW. Then just dump those guys into the Smackdown roster.

Expect Smackdown to loose Undertaker to RAW shortly in order to appease Bonny Hammer.

Realistically I think this makes sense due to the amount of injuries sustained lately and the roster being so thinly spread. Do you think the ECW title will become the equivalent of the TNA X Belt?