TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

Many wrestlers within the company see this as WWE hanging them out to dry, Booker T naming this as one of the reasons why he left, along with their lack of support during the media bashing.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time....SUCKA!

This is on wwe.com's 'List This' for Wildest Stars.

Number 2 is Umaga, I thought the capital letter was humourous.

Hailing from the Isle of Samoa, WWE.com’s No. 2 Wildest Superstar is far from any average Joe; he’s a savage of the highest order.

I've never quite understood why most Samoans in wrestling are savages. Samoa is an American island, so I would think they would be civilized.

As far as Austin goes, what is this one dream match for him? The only one is Hogan, but that one isn't very likely to happen at this point. So basically Austin just shows up and stuns a young guy like MVP or Santino (in the near future). Yes it will get a pop from the crowd, but is getting a pop really worth having a washed up hasbeen beat down guys who could be the future of the company?

Guest stringerbell
- WWE.com had two videos up earlier of what happened to Candice Michelle following her injury and featured Stephanie McMahon telling people to give her water and eventually giving her water even though you aren't supposed to give people water in that situation. Candice gagged on the water and started to panic. WWE.com has removed those two videos. One video ended up on YouTube today that featured a medic telling Stephanie to "let us do our job." That video has been removed from YouTube by WWE.

Daily WO.com update about a Hardy injury:

-- Matt Hardy suffered a 7 inch gash that required 35 stitches last night in Kansas City at the TV tapings. He was giving

Rey Mysterio a splash mountain and Mysterio's

knee brace caught him in the head. He was bleeding buckets and they had to stop the show to change the mat because of all the blood. At this point, his status for Cyber Sunday is uncertain.

Hardy/MVP isn't meant to happen.

Actually the latest was Hardy will be wrestling/moxing/MMAing this Sunday, so hooray.

(THIS is what I used my 5,000th post on? Not that I care about post numbers and such...)

- WWE.com had two videos up earlier of what happened to Candice Michelle following her injury and featured Stephanie McMahon telling people to give her water and eventually giving her water even though you aren't supposed to give people water in that situation. Candice gagged on the water and started to panic. WWE.com has removed those two videos. One video ended up on YouTube today that featured a medic telling Stephanie to "let us do our job." That video has been removed from YouTube by WWE.

You know, it makes me wonder how long it will take Steph to BUTT out of situations where she's out of her league. It's one thing to be ignorant, but it's quite another thing to be clueless to just how ignorant you really are.

I've never quite understood why most Samoans in wrestling are savages. Samoa is an American island, so I would think they would be civilized.

As far as Austin goes, what is this one dream match for him? The only one is Hogan, but that one isn't very likely to happen at this point. So basically Austin just shows up and stuns a young guy like MVP or Santino (in the near future). Yes it will get a pop from the crowd, but is getting a pop really worth having a washed up hasbeen beat down guys who could be the future of the company?

Actually, there is Samoa (Western Samoa) and then there is American Samoa (Eastern Samoa).

Actually, there is Samoa (Western Samoa) and then there is American Samoa (Eastern Samoa).

Is that like the split between Good Imagination Land and Bad Imagination Land?

So basically Austin just shows up and stuns a young guy like MVP or Santino (in the near future). Yes it will get a pop from the crowd, but is getting a pop really worth having a washed up hasbeen beat down guys who could be the future of the company?

Santino is hardly a candidate for "future of the company", and as such, Austin Stunner'ing him isn't going to hurt anyone.

So basically Austin just shows up and stuns a young guy like MVP or Santino (in the near future). Yes it will get a pop from the crowd, but is getting a pop really worth having a washed up hasbeen beat down guys who could be the future of the company?

Santino is hardly a candidate for "future of the company", and as such, Austin Stunner'ing him isn't going to hurt anyone.

I don't think he means from the aspect of being the top heel or anything, but once all these older guys start retiring (or dying, in the WWE's case), we'll need new blood in there to keep storylines moving. I'm not saying Santino will eventually become that guy, but you just never know. Stunnering him back to OVW won't help that. Personally I don't mind, I don't care for the guy, I'm just saying...

Marella still hasn't shown me anything in the ring, but then he's mostly either been having goofy comedy matches with Ron Simmons or has been getting stomped by Umaga. That said, he has become one of the best guys on the mic in the entire company.

Let's face it, you never know who will eventually carry a company. Who actually thought in 1995 that Connecticut blue blood Hunter Heart Helmsley would end up an 11 time world champion? Or that The Ringmaster would become the biggest draw in the company? Or that Justin Hawk Bradshaw might one day be WWE champion? Hell, I can't say I ever thought Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels would ever be major singles stars when they were in the Hart Foundation and the Rockers (Bret perhaps more than Shawn though).

If only the back was a picture of a vagina, instead of the skull.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/hi...1992/mainevent/

What the fuck is up with that page?

JERICHO STRIKES AGAIN~!

Now how will people that get results from WWE.com and WWE.com only know that HBK submitted once in 1992!? (though I guess since Backlash 2004 they can't pretend he's never submitted).

Also, I should have wished you Happy Birthday yesterday Faz. We used to compete in WWE Fantasy!

Who's the source of this? I have a hard time believing WWE.com would ever put up a video of Steph being told off in the first place.

Marella still hasn't shown me anything in the ring, but then he's mostly either been having goofy comedy matches with Ron Simmons or has been getting stomped by Umaga. That said, he has become one of the best guys on the mic in the entire company.

Let's face it, you never know who will eventually carry a company. Who actually thought in 1995 that Connecticut blue blood Hunter Heart Helmsley would end up an 11 time world champion? Or that The Ringmaster would become the biggest draw in the company? Or that Justin Hawk Bradshaw might one day be WWE champion? Hell, I can't say I ever thought Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels would ever be major singles stars when they were in the Hart Foundation and the Rockers (Bret perhaps more than Shawn though).

Santino has Piper potential. I don't think he has what it takes to be a main eventer but he should at least have his own weekly interview segment. I'm talking old school. Not in the ring. Build the guy a set that looks like an Italian restaurant with pictures of Bruno Sammartino, Tony Soprano and Frank Sinatra. Let him be the antagonist that starts all the feuds. He could try to turn HBK and HHH against each other or London/Kendrick. He could abuse lower tier talent. Find some big Italian guy to be his enforcer/bodyguard. Build him a little Soprano's like cartel that includes Little Guido as his stooge. The guy has proven that he can deliver on the mic, be entertaining and get heat. Do something where he helps you make money guys!!!! Instead they will just say, "Oh, he can't really deliver in the ring, no need to do anything special with him, let's feud him with Ron Simmons and then have Austin stun him, flip him off and that's it."

How funny could Santino plotting revenge on Stone Cold Steve Austin, forming a mob of hitmen, putting bounties on Austin, etc. be? Santino brings in Big Pussy to get stunned. Boom Boom Mancini to get stunned. Whatever. Fun shit.

If they did all that correctly like you listed, he'd end up being a main event level talent.

Who's the source of this? I have a hard time believing WWE.com would ever put up a video of Steph being told off in the first place.

I watched both of them when they were up, and the descriptions are spot on. Candice is being wheeled to a back door, still strapped to a gurney with a neck brace, and Steph runs up with a bottle of water saying "Give her some water!" Shortly thereafter, Candice freaks out and sits up, ripping the brace off. Steph then says, "Leave her alone, she can't breathe!" Then, at the very end, you hear a (female I think) medic say, "Just let us do our jobs, all right?"

People here are severely overreacting on Santino's so called vaunted mic skills and it needs to be stopped. He's average, that's it.

I don't think anyone is saying that he can cut Ric Flair or Dusty Rhodes money promos but he can be the hysterical, annoying antagonist that either sets feuds up between other guys or gets his ass kicked all around the building when he crosses the wrong person. Average would mean that he doesn't stand out in the crowd and well, um... he's standing out from the crowd right now and it's not because we're blown away by his in ring so it's gotta be the character and what he's done on the mic.

I watched the video on WWE.com the morning after RAW. I can see why it was pulled. Steph looked like a complete idiot

It's because it's different. Not because it's good.

With the condition WWE is in right now, different and good aren't....well, different.

How can you not laugh at "The Rock, The Undertaker, The Bret Hart"? "Mantaur. Seriously, Mantaur, go to page 24!"? and my personal favorite; "Maria, let's go, actually, (Italian for "excuse me a moment")........DAM-A!"? He's hilarious and he's not a horrible worker. He's a classic, smarmy, coward-but-still-better-than-everyone heel in the day and age of cocky run-in-happy heels. Him and Matt Striker could step up and be the top two heels on their brands for the sole reason of them being totally different than any heel currently receiving any sort of push on the roster.

Right now I'm more entertained by guys like Santino, Striker and Kennedy then anybody else on the mic. Everyone else is stale, sucks or isn't allowed to cut loose.

It's because it's different. Not because it's good.

Yeah, he stands out from a sea of blandness which is good. I imagine a big part of it is the fact that they like writing for him but you really can't tell that he's going by a script. His delivery seems natural and that's why a lot of people think he's good on the mic and in his role. For all we know, there may be other guys in the locker room that could do the same thing as him but don't get the opportunity but you can't deny that he's made the most of the opportunity given to him. His character was dead in the water when he was getting squashed by Umaga and he's reversed that.

Yeah I don't think Santino is the greatest thing since sliced bread, nor do I think he'll be a main event level talent. But if they gave him a role like the one suggested he has enough timing and charisma to give it a shot, and possibly surprise everybody with where he ends up. Whether or not he gets something like that is the key.

I think it's hilarious that Santino was IC Champ for all those months and was a total joke with no personality, but right when he lost the belt, the switch flipped that allowed him to reach a comedic heel level that hasn't been seen since Kurt Angle in 2000.

This annoys me more than any of Steph's stupid creative blunders over the past few years.

This might be a case of blaming the writers for the crap, but not giving them credit for the good, but I always figured that when Santino's underdog face character floped the writers lost interest and turned him heel as an afterthought with much less direction and Santino has run with the chance. There is a lot of little things he does and says that you can tell isn't scripted and I think that initial freedom came from the bookers not giving a damn, and now that it's working they're letting him run with it.

Rocky Miavia and Kurt Angle were both bland babyfaces who took off when they turned heel, though to be fair that was the plan for Angle all along.

I also would stay away from the Mafia storyline route - they tried that with Nunzio, Vito and Stambouli/Palumbo. Eventhough every Italian thinks they have Mafia connections, most don't. I think Santino could threaten it, but it would never materialize and he's have some excuse all of the time. Santino's playing the other Italian stereotype...the sleazy womanizing douchebag big talker.