TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

all i'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me if Cena was on something.

it wouldn't surprise me if everyone in the WWE was on something...

This is terrible news if he's out for any length of time and that's why he loses the belt. The person who takes it from him should be built up strong for a few months, and not be Randy Orton.

I don't want to wish an injury on anyone. I've been ready for a LONG time for Cena to drop the belt, just so we can go back to having an actual title belt, and not Cena's "Pimp my Belt". I would rather it not be Orton that gets to end Cena's near 13-month reign, but WWE has more or less painted themselves into a corner again. What other heel on RAW is ready for a title run? Snitsky? Umaga? (maybe, but they dropped the ball on him at the Rumble) Vince McMahon? SANTINO :lol: ? Carlito?

Orton is the only heel they have that's primed for a run at the top, if only to be another transitional champion like he was in 2004. They spent all Summer having him "end people's careers" and now is the time to pull the trigger and put him at the top. It's just a shame that after all that build, he will more than likely just drop the title to whomever the top face may be at the next PPV.

Another shame is the example that this sets for the other wrestlers. If you openly walk around the back smoking a joint, and shit in peoples gym bags, then YOU TOO may one day reign as champion.

Right, because no one has ever torn a muscle unless they're on steroids.

And just about everyone in wrestling who has was on steroids at the time, often doing relatively mundane things that would not tear the muscles if steroids were't involved.

I forget where on the continuum of muscle tears pec falls from between "possible without steroids but a complete tear off the bone would be from steroids" like torn groin muscles and "steroid injuries" like torn quads, but there was a story explaining them in the WON after (I think) the Undertaker injury this year.

This is terrible news if he's out for any length of time and that's why he loses the belt. The person who takes it from him should be built up strong for a few months, and not be Randy Orton.

Orton might have to get the belt at the PPV but a hotshot title change on Raw the next night wouldn't surprise me. If nothing else, it would give fans something to focus on other than Cena not being there.

What I always wonder is why the WWE never lets injured wrestlers be involved in storylines just by talking and not wrestling. Cena is a big draw, he's the reason a lot of kids watch RAW, so why not instead of having him fight cut promos and shit, let him stay involved with RAW.

Someone mentioned going back to the normal WWE Title. How awesome would that be.....but sadly it will not happen for a long time I think. I also have this feeling Orton won't win the belt Sunday.

And just about everyone in wrestling who has was on steroids at the time, often doing relatively mundane things that would not tear the muscles if steroids were't involved.

I forget where on the continuum of muscle tears pec falls from between "possible without steroids but a complete tear off the bone would be from steroids" like torn groin muscles and "steroid injuries" like torn quads, but there was a story explaining them in the WON after (I think) the Undertaker injury this year.

If someone ever says that a complete tear from the bone of a pec muscle or any muscle is definatlely the result of steroids, throw that report out the window because it is completely, and without a doubt, full of shit.

Well, it was just a matter of time before this happened. I did find the finish of that match really bizarre last night, it was like Kennedy just sorta tapped without any struggle.

Yeah I noticed the ref was on his headset ALOT and that Cena couldn't even get his arm up for the STFU.

If someone ever says that a complete tear from the bone of a pec muscle or any muscle is definatlely the result of steroids, throw that report out the window because it is completely, and without a doubt, full of shit.

So you're saying that HHH's full quad tear (maybe tears, I forget what the second one was) could theoretically be from something else?

I am saying that it can't be any type of accurate medical report that would say anything as irresponsible as "Injury A is possible, but Injury B is a steroid injury".

I am not saying that steroid use isn't the likely cause, I am saying that there are other waysways to get complete clean tears of muscle. Overworking muscles(and it usually happens while lifting weights) or a blow directly to where the muscle connects. Taking alot of blows there could actually lead to a tear happening during a mundane movement. The likely cause in alot of the wrestling cases is indeed the use of steroids, but clean tear of a muscle from bone is not a exclusive "steroid injury", and anything that says it is bullshit.

I fast forward and erased Raw right after I watched it, which is the norm these days. Was it a blotch on Kennedy or Cena's part?

It was kennedy. It looked like Cena was actually having to hiptoss him because Kennedy didn't do his part.

Yeah, I tore a muscle in my back(not from the bone or anything but a slight tear) because I was helping a friend move and a box labelled "cups" was a fucking box of books. Asshole.

I'm betting he's going to be out a good 6 months, at least. He was in serious pain there and wasnt doing himself any favors finishing the match and working the post-match angle either.

So Orton will get the belt, then what? Either HHH manuevers into a feud with him and gets the belt (hopefully not) or we get Jericho showing up at the end of the show after Orton beats Cena to challenge him for the belt.

One would think that the company would have a contingency plan for when their top babyface (that has wrestled non-stop since he came on Raw two years ago), who they have fed so many heels to and put so many effort in establishing, gets injured.

Something tells me they don't.

Guest joshtothemaxx

I've been hearing that Lashley has lost a ton of muscle match. Anyone have a picture?

Some people really are desperately wanting to believe that Cena isn't on something.

The injuries you see in wrestling that are commonly associated with steroid use, or the use of other muscle building drugs, include pectoral tears, as well as tearing of the triceps, biceps and quadriceps. Not everyone who suffers these injuries are on steroids or other such drugs, but far more often than not, if one of these muscles gets torn, especially torn clean off the bone, then it's very likely they're on something and as a result have overdeveloped the injured muscle to the point that injury is likely.

Of course, you can be clean and still overdevelop the muscles, but it's not often you see someone clean overdevelop the muscles to where they can tear right off the bone.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but given that Cena's physique has remained pretty much unchanged even while having an incredibly grueling schedule, which itself should have raised eyebrows, and then he suffers an injury that is typically a sign of the use of muscle building drugs, it's a pretty safe bet that he's on something, or many things, and it's finally caught up with him.

Okay, first of all it would take a month before you start to lose the muscle mass and thats if you don't do any weight training at all, so all the "he maintained his physique thing" is out the window.

Second, the guy has demostrated how he keeps his weight. Something that can't be said for almost any other wrestlers. they alway show this little diet they are on and protein shakes and its bullshit that they could maintain that kinda muscle mass with the diets they claim to be on. Then you have 20lb of steak per week eating Cena, and i have said this over and over, if you and I did that and worked out with any type of regularity, you too would have a amazing physique, (and high cholestrol and blood pressure). And as I keep saying, he isn't really that muscular. he just has no body fat which makes him look bigger because he is so defined. and has huge traps and triceps, also ways to make yourself look alot bigger. Once again, not saying he isn't on something, but he has actually outlined a regimine that if you legit followed his results would not only be attainable, they would almost be expected.

Third, the thing is Cena sustained his injury in a way that would actually cause that injury. Running across a ring and tearing ones quad off the bone...not so normal. Unexpectantly trying to lift a 250 lb man with one arm WOULD cause that kind of injury just as much as a very stiff shot in the muscle could. Or he could be roided up and his muscle tendons are gone to crap.

Honestly, if it came out tommorrow that he was on everything under the sun from horse steroids to having them pumped in his veins on a nightly basis, I wouldn't be SHOCKED. But at the same time, people pretend it is out of reason and completely unbelieveable that he could look like that without being on something when it is really really believeable. This isn't a statement to if he is or if he isn't at all. I have no idea.

But you can't point at this injury and say "well, he is obviously on something now" because he got injured in a way that would actually cause this type of injury to anyone, steroids or not.

Of course, you can be clean and still overdevelop the muscles, but it's not often you see someone clean overdevelop the muscles to where they can tear right off the bone.

See this is simply untrue and misleading. Tubby McFatterson could tear the muscle right off the bone right now if he takes a hard shot in the wrong(well..right) place. Or a extremely violent movement could do the same. The way you are saying it is that overdeveloped muscles are what will cause stuff like this when in actuallity, injuries like this happen alot to people that are starting to work out and over work themselves, before any real muscle mass is built.

Yes, most and maybe all of the muscle tearing injuries in wrestling have something to do with what they were taking to get that mass, but its irresponsible to state it as fact when a guy gets a injury that one would legitimately get under the circumstances, steroids or not.

From WWE Mobile:

John Cena suffered a complete right pectoral tendon tear. Surgery is required. He'll be out 6-8 months. Officials vow there'll be a title match at No Mercy.

From WWE Mobile:

John Cena suffered a complete right pectoral tendon tear. Surgery is required. He'll be out 6-8 months. Officials vow there'll be a title match at No Mercy.

Looks like Cena is out of Wrestlemania then.