TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

Cena Injury Update

Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship

Written: October 2, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and that there will be a new WWE Champion.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

from WWE.com...

Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship

Written: October 2, 2007BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and that there will be a new WWE Champion.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

---------------------------------------

Wow, what exactlly are they going to do at No Mercy I wonder.

I think they'll go with Mr Kennedy against Randy Orton, and put the belt on Orton.

Orton is in the match because he's in line for a title shot, and Kennedy gets the nod because he'll be credited as having injured Cena, and claim that means he should be the one to face Orton.

Either way, this fucking sucks.

They should find some way to let Cena wrestle. It just looks really bad when title after title after title has to be forfeited. Especially on a reign as long as Cena's.

How about Orton vs. either a returning HBK or Jericho, whoever those videos are all about?

I don't think either of those is likely, for a number of reasons, but if it is one of those options, it'll be Jericho, if only because it's something they've at least hyped up. Giving away HBK's return with zero build would be stupid.

wow, how many titles have been forfeited due to injury (and the same goddamn one at that)?? Real bummer for Cena, but it's a blessing in disguise. With time away he just might be able to return and be more himself.. or the Cena we all enjoyed on Smackdown. meh

I simply said HBK because some people have mentioned him having something to do with those videos as well, although I find it highly unlikely.

Imagine the pop if Orton comes out, no Cena, the lights go down and then one of those videos starts to play, then out comes Jericho to fight for, and win, the WWE title. That would be the best moment in wrestling in years.

Although it's not likely, so meh.

Man Kennedy has the worst luck in the world.

As for Jericho coming back, I'm not sure the company wants Chris, a guy who hasn't wrestled in over two years immediately wrestling the top talent, if just for for fear of even more injuries thanks to rust.

I don't hate the man John cena but I do hate the character so I'm not unhappy at all he is going to finally be off tv for a while and finally someone else can have a run with the title.

With that said, this year has been so bad for the wwe that its to the point of being laughable. I mean if you think about all the crap that's gone down for them from the benoit thing, to the steroids, to the suspensions and to all the injuries, it just couldn't be much worse for them at this point.

The No Mercy problem simply brings up the question of what other faces (through talent moving or turning) will be on Raw. HHH and Jeff can't completely fill the void until Lashley returns and even then, they're still running short.

Not to mention HBK not even really wanting to come back/

Hey, maybe the can do a repeat of Vengeance and stick John Morrison in the match (who inexplicably wins that one too).

Again, not great as far as buyrates and profits go, but I'd mark out like a ten-year-old if Jericho came back at No Mercy and won the belt. I also don't see it happening, but man it would be awesome.

I'm not much of a fan of the Cena character, but this sucks. A 13-month title reign and THAT is how it ends? It's bad enough when shorter reigns like the ones by Taker, Edge and Batista get cut short, but after all this time of wondering how they were finally going to take the belt off Cena, this is totally deflating.

On the other hand, it's kinda crazy to realize I witnessed the longest title reign in 20 years end and I didn't even know it as it unfolded.

As for who gets the belt now, I can't see Jericho getting the title because if he's supposedly still doing a book tour and just making himself available for wrestling on Mondays, they're not going to have a part-time WWE champion. If Orton can't get the belt out of this, he's never getting it.

Again, not great as far as buyrates and profits go, but I'd mark out like a ten-year-old if Jericho came back at No Mercy and won the belt. I also don't see it happening, but man it would be awesome.

I'm with you on that one... this year has been so fucked for WWE...

Man Kennedy has the worst luck in the world.

As for Jericho coming back, I'm not sure the company wants Chris, a guy who hasn't wrestled in over two years immediately wrestling the top talent, if just for for fear of even more injuries thanks to rust.

Kennedy's so called bad luck has been almost entirely Kennedy's own fault. I have no sympathy for a wrestler incompetent enough to get WWE's franchise star hurt.

How many things have Kennedy screwed up? He was in line to get a big push last year and got hurt before WM. He gets MITB and gets hurt and throws both brands out of whack. He gets in line for mega push with McMahon and blows that. The night he returns, he causes the injury of the top star, ends a 13 month reign and kills a long running angle before it could be blown off.

I say give the title to Jeff Hardy.

Yes. I am serious.

And why wouldn't they say Orton hurt Cena anyway? (kayfabe of course)

Kayfabe-wise, this is gonna come off SO bad. Cena's dad volunteers to get the shit beat out of him a few weeks ago so that Cena won't get stripped of the title, and now Cena has to come out and go "sorry dad. I'm hurt. I'm just gonna give up the title voluntarily."