TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Cena Injured Tonight (Out 6-12 Months)

But from a kayfabe standpoint Vince putting HHH in the title match for no reason makes zero sense.

He can be so sure (i.e do everything he can to prevent/run in) that Umaga will crush HHH, that won't be an issue. Regardless, Orton can't just walk out and say "I'm the #1 contender, give me the title" and Jericho shockingly shows up. They need to show they had something planned.

With all this save stuff, Jericho makes the most sense. McMahon can give it to Orton, Jericho comes and saves the WWE by challenging him for the belt (Jericho can convince McMahon by saying that it would draw major ratings), he wins the belt, and goes on a run through WrestleMania, saving the wrestling world.

But from a kayfabe standpoint Vince putting HHH in the title match for no reason makes zero sense.

He can be so sure (i.e do everything he can to prevent/run in) that Umaga will crush HHH, that won't be an issue. Regardless, Orton can't just walk out and say "I'm the #1 contender, give me the title" and Jericho shockingly shows up. They need to show they had something planned.

All he would have to do is say in the beginning of the show that Orton will be facing a "former champion" and then the announcers can spend the next 2 and a half hours speculating which champion on the roster (Raw and SD) it will be.

I expect a face to win the title and send the fans home happy because I fully expect Big Daddy V to beat the hometown boy for the ECW title.

I expect a face to win the title and send the fans home happy because I fully expect Big Daddy V to beat the hometown boy for the ECW title.

I actually just think we'll see Morrison return to run-in and he joins BDV in the beat-down. Morrison invokes his rematch clause for tuesday night with the idea that Punk is damaged goods after the beat down. Morrison likely wins the title to make things right in WWE land again.

A Jeff Hardy reign to Survivor Series won't hurt....

Or make it a screwy finish to set up Deadly Game II at Survivor Series

I don't understand recent WWE logic that when a champion vacates the title due to injury, that there must be a NEW champion crowned ASAP.

When Batista went down Angle was quickly moved over from RAW and won a battle royal.

When Edge went down Khali won an immediate battle royal.

Even when Kennedy was (supposedly) going to be out long term they took the MITB off of him immediately.

I can understand Shawn losing his smile/ Final 4 becoming a title match--they had to build to something at WrestleMania then, but why can't they just start a big, WrestleMania IV-type tournament over the next month or so, or just have a bunch of qualifing matches this Sunday to set up Deadly Game II at Survivor Series in a month? Instead, they'll hot shot someone and give them the belt, and it'll be even more difficult to build them up. If they win 3 or 4 matches to win a tournament for the belt, it adds credibility.

I just don't understand the PANIC mode they've gone into. They've been fine with the same champ for basically the last 2 years, so why can't the title be vacant for more than 5 days anymore?

I don't understand recent WWE logic that when a champion vacates the title due to injury, that there must be a NEW champion crowned ASAP.

When Batista went down Angle was quickly moved over from RAW and won a battle royal.

Even when Kennedy was (supposedly) going to be out long term they took the MITB off of him immediately.

I can understand Shawn losing his smile/ Final 4 becoming a title match--they had to build to something at WrestleMania then, but why can't they just start a big, WrestleMania IV-type tournament over the next month or so, or just have a bunch of qualifing matches this Sunday to set up Deadly Game II at Survivor Series in a month? Instead, they'll hot shot someone and give them the belt, and it'll be even more difficult to build them up. If they win 3 or 4 matches to win a tournament for the belt, it adds credibility.

I just don't understand the PANIC mode they've gone into. They've been fine with the same champ for basically the last 2 years, so why can't the title be vacant for more than 5 days anymore?

i agree..

Before the Deadly Game Tournament at Survivor Series 98..The title was vacant for nearly 2 months

Im sure they could come up with something and set up Deadly Game II at Survivor Series this year...

Plus the timing actually gives it some merit since Deadly Game has been done under similar circumstances before when Vince vacated the title

ugh...there's TWO of them...

Oh Jingus you know I'm just giving you shit...I LOVE your totally biased hatred of Cena! :P

Oh ok, i see how it is.

Oh Jingus you know I'm just giving you shit...I LOVE your totally biased hatred of Cena! :P

Oh ok, i see how it is.

i'm just giving you shit as well...I was figuring you'd know what movie I was referencing when I said "there's TWO of them"

Why would they ever have a PPV without a WWE Title match (or the WWE champion in another major match)? They aren't gonna sell No Mercy on Batista vs Khali.

Oh ok, i see how it is.

i'm just giving you shit as well...I was figuring you'd know what movie I was referencing when I said "there's TWO of them"

I'm positive I heard that movie quote before, but dammit I can't remember where. I want to say that Van Damme movie where he played twin brothers...?

Oh ok, i see how it is.

I'm positive I heard that movie quote before, but dammit I can't remember where. I want to say that Van Damme movie where he played twin brothers...?

That's the one, "Double Impact"...Van Damme cheesiness at its finest!

But one of them frowned and smoked cigars. The other smiled alot. They obviously were two different people.

The Acadamy robbed him on that one.

LOL.

I always said that meant that the blonde was their long lost sister. That movie was more twisted than people know.

Oh ok, i see how it is.

That's the one, "Double Impact"...Van Damme cheesiness at its finest!

Yay, cookie for me. I think I saw that movie for former Ms. Olympia Cory Everson. I had a huge crush for her back then and I hoped she'd show some skin in that flick, but it was not to be.

I guess this means the match will be HHH/Umaga/Orton like some said.

Well if you click on the WWE Championship match preview, it gives a whole background of who will be in the match, making claims Kennedy and Jeff Hardy could be in the match. But yes, it gave me a scare as well.

I honestly have been thinking that the entire freakin time but wanted someone else to say it first.

Fans would eat him up as the champ, and besides Jeff Hardy, I don't honestly see who else you would want at the top spot now. Hotshotting the title to HHH just doesn't seem like the way they would want to go.

So besides giving the title to room wrecking bag shitter, Punk was my honest choice as the guy they give the title to.

I honestly have been thinking that the entire freakin time but wanted someone else to say it first.

Fans would eat him up as the champ, and besides Jeff Hardy, I don't honestly see who else you would want at the top spot now. Hotshotting the title to HHH just doesn't seem like the way they would want to go.

So besides giving the title to room wrecking bag shitter, Punk was my honest choice as the guy they give the title to.

Hah! You expect the E to engage in some honest, rational, and potentially ground-breaking booking? While I and just about everyone else on the internet would blow a collective wad should that scenario take place, I cannot see it happening in any world where WWE wrestling is basically controlled by anyone with McMahon in their ancestry.