TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Series Thread

Guest Smues
So which line from the FrankTV ads is going to be this year's "He's risking his father's life who is the district attorney in a cold heartless man's world"?

FABRIC!

or turducken

-How the mighty of fallen for Kerry Wood. Whatever you blame it on, the fact that he's mopping up the potential final game of this series as his only appearance in the series is quite sad.

-How does that decision to take Zambrano out of Game 1 look now with three outs to go before Game 1 turns out to be the LAST game Carlos played in 2007.

-Sorry, but the song 99 Bottles of Beer comes to mind right now...

99 Years without a Championship on the wall

99 long gut wrenching years...

Okay, no more taunting lyrics.

So Cubs fans. Do you consider the season overall positive or negative?

The season I am happy with. They actually tried during the season, kept fighting back, refusing to go down quietly when they had a chance. Found a possibly decent catcher in Soto, a good but not great second baseman in Theriot and some stability in the pitcher staff 1 through 3.

The Post Season? Christ, they could have bloody well bothered to show UP for the damn thing. They left more runners on base than I think the D-Backs even put on. Damn embarrassing to go out like they went out. Usually it takes something weird for them to give up in a series but this time they apparently figured they would cut out the middle man and save everyone the trouble.

The only thing I really don't like about the Rockies are their jerseys... I'm not a big fan of the sleeveless jersey, and most definitely not a fan of the black jersey outside of South Chicago, and you combine the two with a black undershirt, and it doesn't look good

Steve, I thought we were done with you until April of 2008.

That post was too long a taunt. You need something short and concise.

So the NL Central's stranglehold on WS appearances ends after 3 years. The Cubs couldn't have come out any more flat for that game if they tried.

Steve, I thought we were done with you until April of 2008.

That post was too long a taunt. You need something short and concise.

I was talking TO the Mets, and I believe it was See you in Port St. Lucie.

Okay, is this better?

"We're in the dark right now" Don? That scoreboard is so bright they probably could play just with that thing on.

Given last year, this season was a success. The postseason was embarrassing, but not entirely surprising. I don't think Lou should catch flack for the Zambrano thing because:

1) Marmol had been lights out all year

2) The Cubs were not winning when the move was made

3) Soriano, Ramirez, and Lee had a grand total of zero RBI in the entire series; sorry, but what he did with Zambrano's irrelevant when your top three don't do a damn thing. Soriano and Ramirez were just horrible looking in the series.

Anyway, I eagerly await the Rockies' stomping of the DBacks.

-How the mighty of fallen for Kerry Wood. Whatever you blame it on, the fact that he's mopping up the potential final game of this series as his only appearance in the series is quite sad.

-How does that decision to take Zambrano out of Game 1 look now with three outs to go before Game 1 turns out to be the LAST game Carlos played in 2007.

-Sorry, but the song 99 Bottles of Beer comes to mind right now...

99 Years without a Championship on the wall

99 long gut wrenching years...

Okay, no more taunting lyrics.

Or you could go with a more recent spoof, sucb as

"If you're still a Cubs fan, I feel bad for you son

It's been 99 YEARS since the Cubbies won."