TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 10/4 Impact Thread

RATING FOR THE TNA TWO HOUR IMPACT EXPANSION

by Mike Johnson

The initial rating for last night's two hour expansion of TNA Impact on SpikeTV saw the show do a 1.1 rating with 1.5 million viewers tuning in. We hope to have more details on the rating, which was slightly up on a week where Monday Night Raw and ECW were both slightly down, later today. If you didn't catch the show, you should go out of your way to catch or tape the replay, specifically for the excellent eight man tag team main event.

RATING FOR THE TNA TWO HOUR IMPACT EXPANSION

by Mike Johnson

The initial rating for last night's two hour expansion of TNA Impact on SpikeTV saw the show do a 1.1 rating with 1.5 million viewers tuning in. We hope to have more details on the rating, which was slightly up on a week where Monday Night Raw and ECW were both slightly down, later today. If you didn't catch the show, you should go out of your way to catch or tape the replay, specifically for the excellent eight man tag team main event.

the rating will increase in the coming months im sure... but hey.. It's a start!!

I thought the show was wonderful. Pacing was good, and SO many people got time. The opener was pretty decent, the gauntlet was bad ass for the 1st half and finished OK, the 8 man was awesome and I thought the Sting/Angle stuff was well done other than the "I'm going to slap him on the ass in private" line. Well shot segments with decent enough acting/promos, and the buildup was well paced. It hyped me up for TNA for the first time in a while. Great show.

Once again Impact proves to be a clusterfuck of bad with a sprinkling of good. Expect it's now twice as long.

Some thoughts/questions:

- Since when has Black Reign been associated with James Mitchell?

- Five run-ins in the opening match?

- How the Hell did Kurt Angle hear Sting? He didn't even have a fucking ear piece. Why can't they just sell the match between Angle and Sting as being two big names fighting for the TNA World title as opposed to adding this shitty storyline?

- Way to make your X Division Champion, who has a title match at the next PPV, look like a jobber by having two WWE rejects beat the crap out of him.

- More time for Robert Rhoode, why? He's not over. His gimmick is not over. This has been going on for a year and nobody gives a shit.

- When did Traci become Virgil?

- Why didn't Gail Kim face Roxxi Laveaux instead of Jackie? I mean, it was Roxxi who beat down Gail last week. Simple booking would dictate a match between the two. In fairness that's only a small problem but it still baffles me.

- Why the fuck is Pacman Jones a champion when he can't fucking wrestle?

- On the plus side, the tag match main event was very entertaining.

After watching the Gauntlet, I'm wondering when they're going to do anything worthwhile with Kaz. If nothing else, I'd love to see him team up with the MCMGs for some 6 man tag matches or something. Give him something, ANYTHING to do.

I wasnt too overly impressed with the first show, seemed to be a paced maybe a tad better, but those Angle/Sting segments during the show were pretty weak. They were cutting in and out of the Sting/Angle vignettes so fast that, like seems to be the norm with TNA, it doesnt mean it as big of a deal as it should be presented. Same with the ending of the show, just kind of like "eh?" Angle beats up Sting's kid.....

But the main event was pretty good. Christian took a nasty bump after he lost it going backwards off the top rope to the floor though, did anyone catch that? He's lucky he didnt break his neck.