TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Kurt Angle Arrested

WPXI in Pittsburgh is reporting that TNA superstar Kurt Angle was arrested last Friday in Moon Township, PA on a DUI charge. After getting a report of an erratic driver that matched Angle and his vehicle, police went to his home. The story stated that Angle admitted driving his car home from a local bar. They said that Angle failed a field sobriety test but refused a blood test. Angle was the charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.

- PW Insider

.....as long as he can go to San Fransisco for the WrestleFanFest, I'll be happy.

Oh for the love of all that is good and decent in the world I hope so. Sorry...I was just disappointed by the quickness of the Sting run last year, and would like a title reign that actually amounts to more than one month.

Can we mark this as the beginning of the Kurt Angle Downward Spiral World Tour? I mean, sure he was already on his way down during the end of his WWE stint, but I think this is the first bit of shit that's happened with him since arriving in TNA, no?

TNA is just thanking their lucky stars it was merely a DUI and not part of a drug scandal.

Yeah, thank god for Kurt's ability to swallow his pain pill stash before they searched the car.

From TMZ.com

Wrestling Star Popped for DUI

Posted Oct 3rd 2007 6:35PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice

Kurt Angle, the former WWE and current TNA wrestling star, was charged with DUI and careless driving after being pulled over on the afternoon of September 28.

Angle was arrested at his home in Moon Township, Penn. after a witness spotted a white Cadillac Escalade driving erratically after pulling out of a local bar. The registration of that vehicle led police to Angle's home, where cops say he admitted to driving the vehicle and that he had just left the bar in question.

Officers then say Angle showed "signs of intoxication," and they administered a field sobriety test, which he failed. Angle was then placed under arrest and taken to a local hospital where he refused to take a blood test.

No future hearing has been set.

Angle won an Olympic gold medal in freestyle wrestling in 1996. Calls to Angle's reps were not immediately returned.

Not trying to excuse him by any means, but he must not have been that drunk. After all, he had the wits about him to refuse a bloodtest. Lord knows what that would have pulled up.

That said, he's an idiot.

Not trying to excuse him by any means, but he must not have been that drunk. After all, he had the wits about him to refuse a bloodtest. Lord knows what that would have pulled up.

That said, he's an idiot.

More than you know. In Pennsylvania, refusal to take the blood test brings a one year drivers license suspension even without a criminal conviction.

I think he would be more open to jobbing the title if he didn't think that TNA would have the guy getting squashed by Sharkboy 15 minutes later in a skit.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the other shoe dropping:

Police received a report of erratic driving from someone in a Cadillac Escalade. The eye witness wrote down the license plate, which police traced to Angle.

KDKA reports that Angle visited The Sea Shell. A woman told police Angle nearly hit her as he drove out of the parking lot. The same woman, who remains unidentified, swerved across the double yellow line twice and nearly hit a traffic sign.

When police tracked Angle down at his home, they smelled liquor on his breath. He was arrested and taken into custody. When he was taken to a local hospital for a routine blood test, he refused, which means he will face an automatic one year suspension of his driver's license.

Police said Angle had pills in his mouth as officers were interviewing him - anti-inflammatory meds according to a police spokesman.

The KDKA TV reporter knocked on Angle's front door, but when it was opened a crack, it was quickly slammed shut.

credit: PWTorch.com

Now they can make an angle out of it, with Rhino counseling Angle on his problem

And James Storm can go to bars and AA meetings hunting for Angle. That would be gold.

I envision Storm shooting Angle with a tranq gun and Angle enjoying it so much that he asks for another dart... :P

"You call this a tranquilizer? Big deal. I got shot with an elephant gun this morning, and I'm fine."

Angle set for trial on DUI charges

Pittsburgh District Court Judge Mary Murray ordered TNA's top star, Kurt Angle, to stand trial on charges of driving under the influence and careless driving after a preliminary hearing earlier today.

According to a report on WTAE television, Angle's attorney, Mike Santicola, argued Angle shouldn't have allowed the caes to continue based on the testimony of a witness who herself is facing a DUI charge.

I bet Angle's attorney gets an on air role as a member of the Angle Alliance. He'll then have a suspected affair w/ AJ Styles which causes Kurt to fire them both and turn face. Karen will be caught in the middle.

You know, I bet TNA does absolutely nothing about this.

Nice prediction.

Could you see Vince keeping his most important championship on someone who's up on charges for driving drunk?

You know, I bet TNA does absolutely nothing about this.

Nice prediction.

Could you see Vince keeping his most important championship on someone who's up on charges for driving drunk?

Three words. Randall Keith Orton. He could kill an old lady who was giving money to charity and still keep his place.

Not necessarily. Orton gets away with a lot of shit, but the two cases aren't good comparisons.

Randy Orton: is at least temporarily punished after his indiscretions, and none of them became publicly well-known. He was supposed to win the title at Wrestlemania 22, at least according to Meltzer and others. Then he walked around the locker room smoking a joint, and ended up getting pinned to start the title reign of the smallest world champ in history.

Kurt Angle: got arrested for DUI, with every news outlet in the country doing a story about it. Supposedly had prescription pills in his mouth when the officers confronted him at his house. Is still up on charges. Looks incredibly guilty. Yet TNA has kept him as their heavyweight champion for this entire time. EDIT: actually, I'm partly wrong. Sting beat Angle for the belt at the next PPV, but Angle won it back the next month and has had it ever since.

A better comparison would be Rob Van Dam. After he got popped, the very next week he instantly got pinned in consecutive matches to lose both of his titles, was suspended for a month, and never even got near the titles again. He's the only other heavyweight champion who was arrested for something like this while he was still champion. What does that say about TNA when they're actually LESS strict about this kind of stuff than the WWE is?