TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Today marks 10 years of Kane and Hell In The Cell

October 5th, 1997 marked the debut of Kane, and the Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood.

Happy anniversary to both things.

Discuss your best memories of the most demonic wrestler in sports-entertainment history, and the most demonic structure in sports-entertainment history!

October 5th, 1997 marked the debut of Kane, and the Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood.

Happy anniversary to both things.

Discuss your best memories of the most demonic wrestler in sports-entertainment history, and the most demonic structure in sports-entertainment history!

10 years since... and the 1st Hell in the Cell is still probably the best match in the series.

Granted, the 2nd is pretty memorable as well.

In regards to Kane, I can't decide whether to give the guy props or just be baffled that he is actually still around 10 years later. I figured he would hang around and put over UT and then vanish like so many giant jobbers.

Guest Smues

I love Kane. He's certainly not the best worker in the world, but I've always found him entertaining, and he's probably my favorite "big man" wrestler ever. It's a crying shame he's never been the champ for more than his 1 day Russo reign, and yes I'm still pissed about No Mercy 2002. I still enjoy Kane to this day, but I prefer suited and masked Kane to unmasked shirtless Kane. The voicebox was pretty cool too.

Some Kaneage:

Kane-a-roonie

Kane, The Rock, and Hulk Hogan

Kane's one world title

"was that where Taker was in the cage with Bearer with Kane trying to get in?"

Stunner to Kane on top of the cage by Austin! Followed by lots of chairshots! Mankind gets launched into the cage down the ramp while on a stretcher.

Yeah, Taker sneaks in and pummels Bearer to a bluddy pulp. Man, what a hot time for Raw.

I love Kane too. He's always been good as a big man and is definitely one of the best ever. He really does deserve another title run. After all the shit he's been through, all the stupid angles, he still remains one of the most consistently over guys in the company. That says something.

Ah, memories of Steve Austin and Kane putting (Kane's father) Paul Bearer down a drain.

And also, (I think) Kane turning his back allowing Taker to beat up Bearer (or vice-verca)

Good old Paul.

"was that where Taker was in the cage with Bearer with Kane trying to get in?"

Stunner to Kane on top of the cage by Austin! Followed by lots of chairshots! Mankind gets launched into the cage down the ramp while on a stretcher.

Yeah, Taker sneaks in and pummels Bearer to a bluddy pulp. Man, what a hot time for Raw.

It was a forgettable match, as said earlier, because the match never even started. I'd go so far as to call it one of my two or three favourite Raws ever.

Here you go

"Granted, the 2nd"

Actually, the 2nd HIAC Match is Steve Austin & The Undertaker Vs. Kane & Mankind from Raw is War. The week before KOTR '98.

You're right... I couldn't remember if that happened the week before KOTR or the night after.

To be fair, on that RAW, I think they billed it as a sort of "Hell in the Cell preview", rather than an actual match. Kind of tricky, but I don't think they ever said it would be an actual in-ring contest.

Guest the_last_rites

Other Kane moments

The coffee spilling

Royal Rumble Tour De Force

Pete F'n Rose (all three versions v98, v99, v2000)

Kane and Taker double pin on Austin

Asking i believe the Corporate Ministry ( or Taker I am not really sure) to shove it with the appropriate hand gesture. I remember it got a huge pop

Brothers of Destruction vignettes

Kane dressed as Taker assaulting Austin

Kane/Mankind Love-Hate tag team

The sad thing is, that I don't think there's much point to Kane being in WWE anymore. He's done basically everything he can, aside from an extended World Title reign, which probably won't happen. I wonder how close Glen Jacobs is to retirement at this point, anyway.

Guest the_last_rites
The sad thing is, that I don't think there's much point to Kane being in WWE anymore. He's done basically everything he can, aside from an extended World Title reign, which probably won't happen. I wonder how close Glen Jacobs is to retirement at this point, anyway.

pretty close i'm assuming considering the fact that he once threatened to walk out in Jan this year because of the shitty angles the creative offered. I for one think its salvageable. They should just have something happen that triggers the psycho in him and he should go on a rampage. We can have the commentators put over how the monster in him has resurfaced or something.

Actually, Abyss would be my choice for most demonic wrestler, and I'd qualify the Elimination Chamber as the most demonic structure as well.

The WWF completely ruined Kane.

* One day title reign

* Continuously jobbing to the Undertaker - Kane should have ended the streak at WrestleMania

* Making him start talking (it ruins his gimmick and he's awful on the mic)

* Being partners with countless performers - he should be a loner

* Losing his mask - made him, and the WWF look like complete morons

* Katie Vick

* Wearing face paint to look like scars

* Having hair on half of his head

* "VOICES"

TNA is starting to do the same with Abyss.

Yeah, but even though a lot of his storylines have been pretty terrible (the Katie Vick storyline, his feud with Shane McMahon, getting used as Bischoff's perennial cliche enforcer) he's always been booked as very dominant, and often unbeatable. It's hard not to stay fairly over with that kind of character, coupled with him being a solid big man worker, at least in terms of WWE.

He has pryo and is still put over as an intimidating force.

Kane has really changed how he looks over the years. I think he should go back to using the mask. Have him hallucinate that there are scars on his body and he'll turn into a monster again.

Also, Kane's character has been hurt by the numerous times that he has tagged and turned on the Undertaker.