TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 2007 No Mercy Thread

WWE Championship Match

? vs. ?

Well, your guess is as good as mine. It's been a LONG time since this thread has not included Cena in the World title hunt.

Prediction: Orton walks out the champion.

Punjabi Prison Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Batista © vs. The Great Khali

Batista over Khali. No way Batista drops the strap already, I guess this will be the end of Khali's run as a title contender.

Triple H vs. Umaga

Duh, no longer fun to predict Triple H's matches. He wins of course and him and Orton will collide down the road.

ECW Championship

CM Punk © vs. Big Daddy V

CM Punk over Big Daddy V via DQ. He'll probably just pound him and get disqualified.

Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio

Double DQ. I clearly don't see either guy getting the win here. Feud will probably continue.

Women's Championship Match

Candice Michelle ©vs. Beth Phoenix

Candice def. Beth. I truly think they want to make Candice the female version of Cena and just have her defeat everyone.

So six matches and 3 hours. Unless the title match goes 30 minutes plus, this might be missing something.

Oh yeah, and:

save_us.222

I think whomever this is, it will not be revealed on the show. It will drag on.

save_us.222

I'm going to have to agree with you here, even though I want Jericho to come back on this PPV.

save_us.222

I'm going to have to agree with you here, even though I want Jericho to come back on this PPV.

I think the main single reason the WWE will hold off on this, well, 2 reasons are:

#1. There will be a new WWE champion. That alone will give the pay per view enough buzz here.

#2. Since the buzz for the save us.222 is going so well, the WWE wants to drag out the speculation to draw some pay per view buys for Cyber Sunday since the save us 222 kinda ties into the Cyber Sunday theme.

I think the main single reason the WWE will hold off on this, well, 2 reasons are:

#1. There will be a new WWE champion. That alone will give the pay per view enough buzz here.

#2. Since the buzz for the save us.222 is going so well, the WWE wants to drag out the speculation to draw some pay per view buys for Cyber Sunday since the save us 222 kinda ties into the Cyber Sunday theme.

Yeah when the WWE offers it as a poll for that PPV, asking who the savior should be and Val Venis wins 61% of the votes.

Because I'm off on monday, I am going to try and get a stream up and running, however Summerslam was a bit of a disappointment, but we will try again and see what happens, will post further details nearer the time.

I don't see Candice beating Beth Phoenix this time around; the only reason I think they might do it is a lack of face challengers... but, who knows? Maybe with Beth as champion, they'll finally move forward with that aborted feud with Mickie James. And Mickie versus Beth = Must See TV for Mister Slim...

Because I'm off on monday, I am going to try and get a stream up and running, however Summerslam was a bit of a disappointment, but we will try again and see what happens, will post further details nearer the time.

Yeah, i'm off on holiday so i'll try and find a half decent one too VH.

I'm traveling home from Uni to watch this show with a couple of my friends. Luckily my lecture schedule allows that this year.

I need to be watching with the usual suspects back home if there is even the slightest chance of Jericho returning.

If you think about it, there really hasn't been much time to really hype the saveus.222 guy. It's maybe been on TV a couple of weeks, but I would keep running those bizarre "ads" for a few more weeks.

Batista over Khali - if Khali wins I'll cry like a little schoolgirl. Although Batista is an extremely bland World Champion, I'm even MORE bored by Khali's never ending beat-ups at the end of Smackdown!.

Rey over Finlay - Otherwise Rey has had a pretty darn weak return so far. I think he'll go on to face JBL at Survivor Series or something.

Triple H over Umanger (hi regal) - Yeah, no brainer here.

CM Punk over Big Daddy V - I really really really want a normal clean win here. Just for once WWE, don't continue a feud with a DQ win, you've done that recently with Orton/Cena too, it gets BORING AND PREDICTABLE.

Beth over Candice - Just because Beth is cool.

save_us.222 - I think something big will happen. Maybe not Jericho live at the arena, but they have to kill time to fill 3 hours. Maybe Val Venis does a lame angle or Hornswaggle.

Cruiserweight Battle Royal - Have a feeling this will be added, they have done this many times. Whenever there is time to fill, call up the lightweights! Noble wins.

WWE Championship Match - How the hell are they going to do this anyways? There was no tournament beforehand. They cannot just pick 4 guys "just because they are good" 'cause that is just stupid. So I guess a Battle Royal but for the WWE Title....really now...maybe a battle royal and the last two guys have a normal match. A long shot but I'll go with The Undertaker wins the WWE Title and goes to RAW for awhile.

Cruiserweight Battle Royal - Have a feeling this will be added, they have done this many times. Whenever there is time to fill, call up the lightweights! Noble wins.

WWE Championship Match - How the hell are they going to do this anyways? There was no tournament beforehand. They cannot just pick 4 guys "just because they are good" 'cause that is just stupid. So I guess a Battle Royal but for the WWE Title....really now...maybe a battle royal and the last two guys have a normal match. A long shot but I'll go with The Undertaker wins the WWE Title and goes to RAW for awhile.

yeah i call that too but in a longshot as well!

Isnt.. the WWE Tag Team Championship supposed to be on the line?

I know its promoted for Smackdown next week but i hear that it'll be tomorrow...

Quick question:

Did anyone else get the TV ads promoting Batista / Undertaker for the title?

naa... kinda like in Summerslam 2005 which promoted Hussan/batista, Edge/Cena, and Flair/HHH.. only in some areas

If you mean everyone knows America placed Thanksgiving on a commercially viable date to maximize Christmas shopping profits, yes, everyone does know that.

A lot of my interest for this show was shot when BDV ended up as Punk's opponent. I was hoping for Dreamer. The flip side of that is I am a mark for the Brothers of Destruction.

If you mean everyone knows America placed Thanksgiving on a commercially viable date to maximize Christmas shopping profits, yes, everyone does know that.

A lot of my interest for this show was shot when BDV ended up as Punk's opponent. I was hoping for Dreamer. The flip side of that is I am a mark for the Brothers of Destruction.

That match was taken off the PPV (if it ever was on the show to begin with). I'm interested in this show chiefly for the non-existant main event, the train wreck prison match and it doesn't feel like filler.

I was wondering why WWE.com never mentioned it.

I hate this show now. Not really, but man, the hits keep coming. I am interested in whatever the non-existent main event though.

WO.com preview:

--The story we get is the main event will be decided upon today for No Mercy in Chicago. I don't know that it will be announced before the match. The impression I have is Orton vs. Jericho is in play as a possibility. It could be a multiple person type of match or a lot of different things. It's hard to really preview a PPV show when you don't know the main event. But here is what we do know:

*Batista vs. Great Khali in a Punjabi Prison match. Because the next destination is a four way (at least it was as things change hourly) with Batista vs. Khali vs. Undertaker vs. Mark Henry at Cyber Sunday in three weeks, either guy could go over here. I don't see giving it to Batista to take it right away, but it really doesn't matter. This match will be a challenge. Undertaker vs. Big Show in the same match last year was horrible, and those who have a combination of infinitely more talent than Batista and Khali.

*HHH vs. Umaga. This is a real test as since his return, we haven't seen a good HHH match. If he doesn't have one here, he may have physically declined more than has been obvious by his short matches. Still, it'll have heat because HHH has presence and timing and Umaga is really good. Unless they are building for a gimmick return, HHH goes over most likely.

*C.M. Punk vs. Big Daddy V: It'll probably be short., Punk being from Chicago should help the heat. Probably not a classic match.

*Rey Mysterio vs. Fit Finlay: The way the show is structured, they will probably need time out of this match, and these two can use the time. Expect a good to great match, probably with Mysterio going over.

*Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix for the women's title. With Candice winning last time out, I sense time for Beth to win. Probably short. Their match last month wasn't good, but I sense this time will be better.

This show looks to be a mixed tag. The Punjabi Prison match could be many stages of awful. The main event is nothing but a question mark. But they are coming off a crappy PPV last month, and SummerSlam wasn't much, so that puts pressure on to break the streak. The matches that will probably determine if the show is good or not are the main event and HHH vs. Umaga, as if they both deliver, and you have to expect Mysterio vs. Finlay will deliver, then you've got a decent show.

Just judging by the preview for the WWE title match at the WWE website, one could assume Orton v. Hardy v. Kennedy. Who knows though.

I still am holding hope for Jericho v. Orton, though.

A little bummed the tag title match isnt on the ppv. I thought that was an intriuging match for sure. But oh well, at least it will make me watch Smackdown next week.

Advertisements in my area for a RAW brand house show in November are advertising a main event of HHH vs Orton. I know these things change by the second, but take it for what you will.

Who thinks we'll see a skit with McMahon walking in the back and people are in a line making pleas for a title shot resulting in "comedic" moments? I still think if they are going to do the Jericho deal, McMahon needs to start the show by announcing that Umaga/HHH winner will face Orton later that night to determine the new champion with HHH/Umaga going to a bloody non-finish to set up the gimmick rematch at CS. Orton assumes he's just going to be handed the title and Jericho makes his shocking return and title victory. They should also add Hardy/Kennedy to show if Hardy isn't involved in the main event. Just have Kennedy throw a fit that he isn't getting a title shot and Jeff comes out and puts the title on the line. Hardy shouldn't be off the card and the show needs an extra match anyways.

I'm still putting stock in the 4 way with Orton/Hardy/HHH/Umaga.

Advertisements in my area for a RAW brand house show in November are advertising a main event of HHH vs Orton. I know these things change by the second, but take it for what you will.

The WO.com report tells us the bookers still haven't made a real decision yet so that advertisement means nothing.

I think Hawk is basically spot on. HHH/Umaga/Hardy/Orton probably with either HHH or Orton winning the belt. Fans would expect that to happen actually, so it would be seven shades of awesome if Hardy pulled off the upset. He is over enough anyways.

If the 4-Way does happen, only Orton and Hardy would be winners. HHH would want his title win to be built and hyped. CS is just around the corner which is a decent length for Hardy to carry the belt. If Hardy wins, Umaga eats the pin and if that happens, HHH and Orton are probably nowhere near the fall.

If Jericho isn't involved with the main event, how (if at all) does he appear tonight? The only other scenario I can envision is interupting a Kennedy promo and setting a program with them.

Picks:

Orton (or Jericho by the grace of God)

Batista

HHH

Punk

Mysterio

Phoenix

I'm not interested in a Fatal Fourway or Jeff Hardy winning the title. Hopefully, somebody will just take Cena's place and they'll continue with the Last Man Standing stipulation. I'm very disappointed MVP / Hardy Vs. BoD won't be a part of the card, I was really looking forward to that match before I found it was the main event of the next televised SD. I've always liked No Mercy ever since they started it in 1999. I haven't seen a bad show yet. This card looks pretty good for the most. Hopefully, they won't rehash Unforgiven's handling from last month and completely fuck this show up with stupid ass booking.

So six matches and 3 hours.

I think Backlash this year only had 6 matches as well.

For some deranged reason I think we'll see Big Daddy V get the ECW belt tonight. What other point is there in tossing him onto the PPV when he wasn't in the title chase?

I think Jericho will win the title tonight. I don't really know where they can go with it from there, but it would be fun for tonight. If he is wrestling tonight then he flat out has to win, otherwise it kills him out of the gate.

Batista vs. Khali will be funny as hell. I can't believe they act like there's some suspense there as to who will win. No way would they put the title back on Khali.