TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 2007 No Mercy Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if they go no-decision tonight in the main event and don't crown a champion. This is the kind of thing that they love dragging out as much as possible so they can sucker people into buying the next PPV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go no-decision tonight in the main event and don't crown a champion. This is the kind of thing that they love dragging out as much as possible so they can sucker people into buying the next PPV.

Possibly, they've had all this fanfare about a new WWE Champion being crowned.

I think with the possible BOD match being pulled from the card Taker could have something to do with the WWE Title.

I think I'm correct in saying that you have to climb out of the prison to win the Punjabi Prison match? Does anyone know if Khali can even climb over it?

I think I'm correct in saying that you have to climb out of the prison to win the Punjabi Prison match? Does anyone know if Khali can even climb over it?

Sounds like a certain Kennel From Hell.

Interesting: WWE.com says Khali has the advantage because this is his signature wwe match.

I don't believe he's wrestled in one.

I haven't watched wrestling in nearly 3 years. I'm kinda excited about Jericho and will most likely be highly intoxicated around PPV start time...

Is Jericho definitely showing up or will I be cursing VKM if I decide to drunkenly order this?

I haven't watched wrestling in nearly 3 years. I'm kinda excited about Jericho and will most likely be highly intoxicated around PPV start time...

Is Jericho definitely showing up or will I be cursing VKM if I decide to drunkenly order this?

Wait for a stream to appear before you buy.

I'm hoping for one, because i'm sure as hell not paying for it over here in England.

Interesting: WWE.com says Khali has the advantage because this is his signature wwe match.

WWE should script something to happen tonight where, for some reason, Khali gets to pick a replacement to wrestle in the match to win the title for him, just to continue that "gimmick".

It would be good, but kayfabe it's Khali going for the World Title, unless he was going to pick a replacement to challenge for him.

Booker T succesfully defended the US Title in WWE using this rule.

The silhouette of the "mystery" wrestler with the WWE Title on wwe.com is a picture of Jamie Noble colored in gray.

And you thought the win over Yang was a "filler" match!

GIVE RIC FLAIR THE TITLE. And have him declare he'll retire when someone beats him for it. Buyrates will actually go up. Every match could be his last.

As for the WWE Title, I wonder how unlikely Lesnar and Layfield are?

WWE could be wiped out by injuries and left with Holly, Dykstra and Pat Patterson and they still wouldn't phone Lesnar. JBL's return will probably be built up most likely against Mysterio.

The silhouette of the "mystery" wrestler with the WWE Title on wwe.com is a picture of Jamie Noble colored in gray.

And you thought the win over Yang was a "filler" match!

GIVE RIC FLAIR THE TITLE. And have him declare he'll retire when someone beats him for it. Buyrates will actually go up. Every match could be his last.

Fucking hell man, every match could be his last.

While we're at it, huge 'WHO'S NEXT?' on the WWE.com main page.

Who's next?

azwrf.jpg

Well, I think that's the first time I've seen Viscera compared to Vader... except in a "this guy's nowhere near as good as Vader" way.

Incidentally, and TheFranchise might be with me on this one, did anyone else think when they first saw 'Big Daddy V' written down that there had been a string of Big Daddy wrestlers starting with Shirley Crabtree, and this was the fifth? It's probably not something you'd get unless you watched Saturday afternoon wrestling in the 80s in Britain...

Well, I think that's the first time I've seen Viscera compared to Vader... except in a "this guy's nowhere near as good as Vader" way.

Incidentally, and TheFranchise might be with me on this one, did anyone else think when they first saw 'Big Daddy V' written down that there had been a string of Big Daddy wrestlers starting with Shirley Crabtree, and this was the fifth? It's probably not something you'd get unless you watched Saturday afternoon wrestling in the 80s in Britain...

That's cracking, that.

Big Daddy Mabel is certainly no Big Daddy I.

BIGD.GIF

"Well, I think that's the first time I've seen Viscera compared to Vader"

From the promo packages this/last week, it's obvious that's what they're going with. He's over-doing the "V" hand-signals, just like Big Van Vader used to, standing above his opponents ina similar way. Plus he's got the singlet, clubbing forearms, big splash...he could really work as this generation's Vader, although obviously nowhere near as talented.

With Matt Striker as Harley Race!

As for the WWE Title, I wonder how unlikely Lesnar and Layfield are?

Layfield is VERY VERY unlikely. Lesnar would make me mark out more than Jericho. I love me some Lesnar goodness.

That's cracking, that.

Big Daddy Mabel is certainly no Big Daddy I.

BIGD.GIF

EA - SY! EA - SY! EA - SY!

I can't be the only one who was amused by references to the Punjabi Prison this week on Smackdown, being a 'chamber of horrors'. Irony or incredible foreshadowing?

Sounds like a certain Kennel From Hell.

In storyline, Khali wrestled such matches deep in the Punjab before coming to WWE.

My feelings about this PPV have gone back and forth over the past few weeks. When it was still Orton vs. Cena, and I assumed it would be Punk vs Burke, and I first read that Jericho was planning to come back at the event, I was more excited for tonight than I had been for a PPV in a long time. Then once Cena was taken out of his match and Big Daddy V got the ECW title shot, I felt like the PPV might not be worth ordering anymore. Then a couple days ago, when they still hadnt announced the WWE title match, and I thought that Matt/MVP vs Taker/Kane was on, I was pretty excited again. Now it's 90 minutes before the event and we're back to only 6 matches on the card, which I think is really weak for what could have been a stacked PPV.

Batista vs Khali is gonna suck, but it still has some appeal to me.

Punk vs BDV is something I wouldn't really care if I missed, even if Punk does retain.

Rey vs Finlay will be a good match, but again..nothing I would be pissed if I missed, because they've had plenty of good TV matches before and will in the future I'm sure.

Triple H vs Umaga is sadly my 2nd most anticipated match but will only be worth watching if its a good, back and forth brawl rather than a squash.

Beth vs Candice won't be a classic but I'm really hoping to see Beth win here.

And then there's the title match..if 222 returns to win the title, whether its Y2J or HBK or RVD or DDP or IRS or a member of the BWO, it will be a memorable moment that I'd like to see. If they just decide to go with Orton vs Jeff vs Kennedy or another match with current superstars, I really hope it can be an entertaining match, because it's the reason I've decided to still order this PPV.